3 Ways to Backup iPhone WeChat Data to PC with and without iTunes
Being an ardent mode of communication, bill payment, and online order fulfilments, WeChat has touched most parts of our lives.
As your WeChat history might carry vital information such as bill statements, conversations with clients, and beautiful memories with loved ones. It becomes inevitable to take a WeChat backup to PC to ensure that you don’t lose all that accidentally.
There are chances that a failed iOS update or restore process or bug might wipe out all the data or can’t save the recent conversation. To combat such situations, we are going to introduce how to backup WeChat to PC in 3 different ways.
Keep going to see the detailed process of saving WeChat messages and attachments to your PC.
Solution 1: One click to backup WeChat to PC
If you are looking for a one click solution to backup WeChat history to PC, then Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is the best deal for you.
Using this software, you can easily backup WeChat messages, pictures, videos, and audio data to PC using this toolbox.
2- 3x Faster Solution to Backup WeChat to PC without Hassle
- It can backup not only WeChat, but also Kik, Line, WhatsApp history etc.
- The backup can then be restored to the same or a new iPhone.
- You can export the data to HTML or Excel file for printing through this application.
- The preview option for backup data is available, so that you can export only selected files or data to PC.
- As you have a stable connection between your computer and iPhone, there is no chance of anything going wrong.
- The backup process is 2 to 3 times faster than WeChat’s own backup tool.
Here is the step-by-step guide to understand how to backup WeChat chat history to PC:
Step 1: Get Dr.Fone Toolkit downloaded, and install it on your computer. Once the installation process is complete, you need to launch the program in order to initiate WeChat backup to computer.
Step 2: Connect your computer and iPhone using a lightning cable. Now, you need to click the "WhatsApp Transfer" tab from the Dr.Fone Toolkit window. After selecting the said option, hit the ‘WeChat’ tab over there and press the ‘Backup’ button consecutively.
Step 3: WeChat data backup will take some time to complete. Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer will backup chats as well as file attachments for WeChat.
Step 4: Upon completion of the backup process, you can verify the WeChat backup records on your PC by tapping the ‘View it’ button.
The above are the whole operations of wechat backup to PC. Among the most popular ways, Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is the recommended tool when it comes to how to backup WeChat history to computer in the easiest and simplest way.
Solution 2: Backup WeChat using the “WeChat Backup and Restore” feature
While creating iPhone WeChat backup to PC, you can also make use of the WeChat client for Windows 10/8/7 and Mac computer. You can mirror your iPhone’s WeChat on your desktop and then backup it to the same computer using this desktop version of WeChat. Using the ‘WeChat Backup and Restore’ feature you can transfer WeChat chat history to a PC over Wi-Fi network.
Before you start, it is necessary to learn about some facts:
- Your iPhone and computer must be in the same Wi-Fi network to ensure effective WeChat backup to PC.
- It has a low success rate reported by users in non-Chinese areas.
- Efficiency of the iPhone WeChat backup solely depends on the stability of the Wi-Fi network. Stronger the connection, better the process. When the network goes down, it takes the backup process along.
- There is a high risk of data being hacked in wireless methods, in case you are using a public Wi-Fi.
Let’s understand how to backup WeChat history to PC. This detailed guide explains WeChat chat history backup using computer version of WeChat –
- Visit the WeChat site and download Winows/Mac version of WeChat client, depending on you computer’s OS. Now, open ‘WeChat’ on your iPhone and scan the QR code visible on the WeChat window on your computer screen.
- Click the ‘Menu’ button on WeChat client before hitting the ‘Backup & Restore’ tab. You can see there are 2 options available for selection.
- Tap on the ‘Backup on PC’ tab and continue.
- When the list of conversations is displayed onscreen, pick the ones you want to backup and then click the ‘OK’ button.
- Allow some time to WeChat Client, so that it can backup WeChat messages to PC. You need to restore the backup to an iPhone, in order to read the backup data.
Solution 3: Backup WeChat using iTunes
If you are wondering about how to backup WeChat messages to PC using iTunes, then you don’t have to worry at all.
Use iTunes to backup wechat history to PC? Any restrictions?
Though, it doesn’t allow you to selectively backup WeChat to your computer. You can create a backup for the entire iPhone, which consists the WeChat chat history and attachment files as well.
In case your iTunes is not updated, the backup and restore process might experience problems. It might also result in losing vital WeChat data in the process. Apart from that, it consumes a lot of time to backup WeChat in iTunes, as the entire data gets backed up to the computer.
We understand that time and data security is a great aspect in backup and restore processes for you. But, when you miss updating iTunes, you can’t avoid any accidental data loss or delay in WeChat backup.
Here is the guide to understand how to backup WeChat history to computer using iTunes –
Note: This backup file is not readable and can only be accessed with restoring it to your iPhone. This process takes more time because the entire device data gets backed up instead of WeChat, selectively.
- Update or install the most recent version of iTunes on your computer. Connect your iPhone to the PC using a genuine Apple approved USB cable, after running iTunes.
- On iTunes interface, tap on your iPhone icon and then hit ‘Summary’. Go to the ‘Backups’ section and tap the ‘This Computer’ option.
- Soon after selecting the above options, select the ‘Back Up Now’ button now. Allow sometime to iTunes, so that the WeChat backup is completed.
Note: Selecting ‘This Computer’ ensures the backup is stored on your PC rather than on iCloud.