- WeChat Backup
- WeChat Transfer
- WeChat Recover
- WeChat Tricks
- Other Social Apps Tips
- 1. Backup WhatsApp to PC
- 2. WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 3. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Message
- 4. Top 5 Instagram Password Crackers
- 5. Download Kik Messenger App for PC
- 6. Fix Common LINE App Problems
- 7. Find Facebook Password
- 8. Facebook Dating Is Not Working
- 9. Record Viber Calls on PC/Mobile
- 10. Save Snapchats Secretively
Being utilized by over 900 million daily active users across the globe, WeChat application has now become a major communication medium, social media and bill payment platform. Tencent is one of the biggest Tech Giant of China who developed and launched the indispensable WeChat application back in 2011.
Initially, it was developed as just a simple messaging and social media platform. But now, WeChat is just not only a simple communication medium. It has evolved into full fledged solution for online bill payments, interactions with friends or family and a social media platform to connect with people around you.
However, performing WeChat backup is quite very important if you are an active user of this app. It might contain important information (like messages, bill payment invoices, contacts etc.) that you may never want to lose.
Since, there are various situations where you may experience data loss, it is always suggested to regularly backup WeChat data to stay on a safer side. For instance, WeChat messages can expire after specific period of time or in case you may accidentally delete them up.
In this article we are going to cover 5 must know ways to backup WeChat data easily and efficiently.
Why backup WeChat data?
Users often are not aware about a few scenarios where they may lose their crucial WeChat data/chat history. Here in this section we have brought to you a complete list of scenarios where you may need to backup wechat history along with other media data.
- Media data gets expired after a specific time: Though WeChat offers you the privilege to view and share the received media files. And that too, without having the need to download them on your device. But they may get expired after a specific period of time and you may lose them forever. Hence, you must backup WeChat data including contacts, chat history, attachments etc.
- Accidental Deletion: It becomes inevitable to clear caches and unnecessary chats from WeChat periodically or else that junk data may clog up your device’s memory. Therefore, when you do so, the application (by default) considers the media data that has not been downloaded on the device as the junk data and clears them permanently. This again would trigger loss of WeChat data to you and hence, WeChat chat backup becomes a necessary task.
- Malware Attack: You may also experience WeChat data (chat history/media data) corruption which could occur due to a malware attack on your device, be it Android or iPhone. Ergo, it yet again important to have WeChat backup over iPhone/Android to tackle such annoying situations.
- Firmware Corruption: Last but not the least, this issue arises during or after installation of an unstable firmware update. In this case, if you’re wishing to get your iOS/Android version update please ensure to backup wechat and other crucial data beforehand. Or, you may lose everything if unfortunately the firmware doesn’t gets installed properly or if it is an unstable update.
Which WeChat backup method shall I choose?
|WeChat Chat Migration
Method 1: Backup WeChat to PC using WeChat Backup & Restore
For users who do not know about WeChat PC version, we would like to introduce you to this new method of backing up Wechat messages and media data. WeChat PC version, works well with both Windwos (7/8/10) and Mac computer variants. You need to get the software downloaded from its official website first, depending upon your computer’s OS. Then, follow this guide on how to backup wechat messages using WeChat Backup & Restore feature via the WeClient desktop application.
Note: Prior to moving on to the guide, please ensure that your device and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot. Or else, you may end up wasting a whole lot of time (pun!).
Guide on how to backup Wechat conversations via WeChat Client
- Get the WeChat client software downloaded on your computer and install it. Launch it after the installation completes. Now, a QR code will be displayed on your screen. Grab your device and scan the code on the WeChat client interface.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘Menu’ button available on the bottom left of the WeChat client, and then choose the ‘Backup & Restore’ option.
- Now, the next window will ask you to either ‘Back up on PC’ or ‘Restore on Phone’. Choose the former one and it will then display the complete list of conversations you have on your WeChat. Select the desired conversations and hit on the ‘OK’ button.
You just need to relax now until the select WeChat conversations get backed up onto your computer. Also, make sure the internet connection doesn’t get interrupted during the process. Or else, you may have to repeat the entire procedure backup WeChat chat history again.
Method 2: Backup WeChat to PC using a USB cable
The next and the recommended method to perform WeChat contacts/conversation backup is via Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer. With this powerful tool you can easily and effortlessly perform backup for several social apps like WeChat, WhatsApp, Line, Kik, Viber etc. and their attachments data. Moreover, with this tool you also have the privilege to transfer your WhatsApp data (messages and attachments both) from iOS to iOS or Android.
Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer makes it as simple as 1-2-3 thing to backup or export all of your social app’s data to computer and then restore it back to your device whenever you need it. Furthermore, this mighty software allows you to have a preview of the data prior to performing backup or restore operations.
Let’s now sum up a few of the biggest advantages of performing WeChat backup with this tool:
Solution on How to Backup WeChat in 10 Seconds
- You do not require to have a stable internet connection when backing up WeChat chat history or other data with this app. Backup process can easily be carried out offline via the help of a USB cable.
- With this tool you can perform WeChat backup or restore relatively much faster than any other method.
- Reportedly, this tool tends to transfer data up to 2-3 times faster than the native WeChat backup and restore tool i.e. WeChat client.
Step by Step Tutorial on how to backup WeChat chat history and media data
Here we have brought to you the detailed guide on how to backup WeChat data:
Step 1: Get the Dr.Fone toolkit downloaded from its official website and install it on your computer. Now, launch the toolkit and hit on the Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer tab from the main screen.
Step 2: Now, using a lightning cable, get your iOS device connected with the computer. Next, select the ‘WeChat’ option and then tap on the ‘Backup’ button to initiate the WeChat backup process.
Step 3: The software will now analyze your device for its contents and then start to backup WeChat messages along with all your media data content.
Step 4: Once done, you’ll be brought up to a new screen where you can tap the ‘View it’ button available next to the backup file entry to check and preview the backed up WeChat data on your computer. That’s it, your guide on how to backup wechat using Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is now complete.
Method 3: Backup WeChat over the web
WeChat Web is an old fashioned way with which you can get you WeChat conversations backed up on your computer. If you are wondering how, then follow this guide on how to backup WeChat chat history via WeChat web:
- Head to the web Wechat and scan the QR code from your phone to access your WeChat account on your computer.
- Open the Chat log from which you wish to download the files. And then press and hold on the preferred photo or video, hit on ‘More’ and now you can mark multiple attachments. Now, hit the ‘File Transfer’ icon and then forward those attachments to yourself.
Now, it’s time to download the attachments to your computer. Open the Chat Log in which you have received the attachments that you forwarded to yourself.
- For Photos: Now, right click on the attachment and then hit on the ‘Download’ option.
- For Videos: Open the video attachment and then hit the ‘Save video as’ option from the drop down menu.
Method 4: Backup WeChat to another phone
WeChat has a cool new feature to transfer WeChat chat history from one iPhone to another. This feature is termed as Chat Log Migration. Before moving on with this method, make sure both the devices are well charged and established under the same Wi-Fi connection. Here’s what you need to do to make use of Chat Log Migration feature to backup WeChat history to your new iPhone –
- Grab your source phone and launch WeChat > Me > Settings > General > Chat Log Migration.
- Now, hit on ‘Select Chat History/Transcript’ button and then mark all or desired WeChat conversations. Lastly, tap ‘Done’.
- Next, grab your target iPhone and launch WeChat. Now, login to the same WeChat account and then scan the QR code available on the old iPhone from new iPhone.
Method 5: Backup WeChat using iTunes
Next method that we are going to discuss is on how to backup wechat using the native iTunes application. Let’s understand the step by step tutorial how to backup wechat on iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone with the computer using a lightning cable and launch iTunes.
- Head to ‘Summary’ tab and ensure that ‘This Computer’ is selected listed under ‘Backups’ section.
- Lastly, hit on the ‘Back Up Now’ button to initiate the backup process and depending upon the data stored on your iPhone, iTunes will backup WeChat conversations along with other data in a short while.