Worth-Keeping Guide: Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS
For someone who loves upgrading to latest iPhone models, iPhone 11/XS/XR is a treasure trove. You might want to upgrade as you love the latest technology or your old iPhone is at its last leg. As soon as you switch to or upgrade devices, transfer of data to new iPhone from old iPhone becomes essential.
In this article, we are going to show you ways to transfer everything from old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR.
Solution 1: Transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR in one click
While you plan to make the move to iPhone 11/XS/XR from your old iPhone. Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer will assist you to migrate everything to iPhone 11/XS/XR from old iPhone. From contacts to music, photos, texts, videos and more, Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer is an awesome tool.
1 Click Solution to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR
- Supports cross platform data transfer between iOS, Android, Symbian and WinPhone.
- 6000 plus mobile models from popular brands are compatible with this software.
- This is a fast and secure way for data transfer.
- There is absolutely no data loss in this process.
- Supports iPhone 11/XS/XR / iPhone X / 8 (Plus)/ iPhone 7(Plus)/ iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS version fully!
Step-by-step guide for data transfer iPhone 6 to iPhone 11/XS/XR –
Step 1: Install and launch the software on your system and connect both the iPhones with lightning cables.
Step 2: On Dr.Fone interface, tap the ‘Switch’ tab and select iPhone 6/your old iPhone as the source and iPhone 11/XS/XR as the target.
Note: If, mistakenly, the selection goes wrong. Simply, tap ‘Flip’ to alter it.
Step 3: Now, select all data types here and click the ‘Start Transfer’ button. Give the software some time to transfer data. At the end hit the ‘OK’ button.
Note: Choosing the ‘Clear Data before Copy’ checkbox erases everything from the target device.
Solution 2: Transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR using iCloud
iCloud, if enabled, can serve as a nice mode of data transfer. in this section we will see how to transfer data from iPhone 5/any old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR.
- Get the iPhone 5 and hit ‘Settings’ > ‘[Apple Profile Name]’ > ‘iCloud’. Now, tap on each data type that you wish to backup to toggle on the switch next to it.
- Press the ‘iCloud Backup’ and turn it on.
- Click ‘Backup Now’ and wait a while to get everything backed up to iCloud.
- On your new iPhone 11/XS/XR, boot your device and set it up like you usually do. Now, when you reach the ‘App & Data’ screen, make sure to tap on ‘Restore from iCloud backup’. And then punch in the same iCloud credentials to sign in to it.
- Lastly, select the desired backup from the list available on your screen. Now, you can see everything from iCloud is being transferred to the iPhone 11/XS/XR.
Solution 3: Transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR using iTunes
iTunes creates a local backup on a trusted computer for your iOS device. In this part of the article, we will see how to transfer data from iPhone 7 to iPhone 11/XS/XR using iTunes. First you need to take a backup for old iPhone and then restore the new iPhone 11/XS/XR with it.
Backup Old iPhone using iTunes
- Launch iTunes and connect old/iPhone 7. Click your device on iTunes then ‘Summary’ and choose ‘This computer’. Click ‘Backup Now’ and wait a while.
- After the backup is over browse ‘iTunes Preferences’ > ‘Devices’ for checking the recent backup.
Restore Backup to new iPhone 11/XS/XR using iTunes
Once the backup is done, here is how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR using iTunes –
- After turning on your new/factory reset iPhone 11/XS/XR, the ‘Hello’ screen will come up. Set up the device through the onscreen instructions.
- As soon as the ‘Apps & Data’ screen surfaces, tap ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’ > ‘Next’.
- Now, launch iTunes on the computer you have created backup for the old iPhone. Connect the iPhone 11/XS/XR through a lightning cable.
- Tap on your iPhone on iTunes and hit ‘Summary’ tab. Press the ‘Restore Backup’ button and select the backup you have just created.
- It will take a while to restore your iPhone 11/XS/XR. Make sure that Wi-Fi has been turned ‘On’ on your iPhone 11/XS/XR.
Comparison of the 3 solutions
Now, since we’ve properly acquired the detailed knowledge for all 3 ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone 11/XS/XR. Let’s now analyze them in a quick snapshot.
For iCloud method, you need to have a strong internet connection, possibly Wi-Fi for backing up and then restoring data to the new iPhone 11/XS/XR.
Since, iTunes and iCloud retrieves the data from their respective repository. It is not possible to restore your device, in case you have not turned on the sync prior to anything going wrong with the iPhone. Hence, you run a higher risk of losing your data.
On the other hand, Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer is a viable solution as it is secure and causes no data loss. It doesn’t matter whether you have an iTunes/iCloud backup or not. A single click is enough to make it work. iCloud and iTunes processes are done on both device (backup and then restore) separately, but Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer does that in one swift motion.
iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Contacts
- iPhone XS (Max) Music
- Transfer music from Mac to iPhone XS (Max)
- Sync iTunes music to iPhone XS (Max)
- Add ringtones to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Messages
- Transfer messages from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer messages from old iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Data
- iPhone XS (Max) Tips
- Switch from Samsung to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer photos from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Face ID
- Restore iPhone XS (Max) from Backup
- iPhone XS (Max) Troubleshooting