Essential Guide to Fix Error 1 While Restoring iPhone
While connecting their iOS device to iTunes, many users get the “error 1” message. It usually happens when there is an issue with the device’s baseband firmware. Though, even a problem in iTunes or your system can also cause this issue. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to fix iPhone 5 error 1 or the occurrence of this issue with other iOS devices. In this post, we will make you familiar with the most feasible iPhone error 1 fix.
Part 1: How to fix iPhone error 1 without data loss using Dr.Fone?
One of the best ways to fix the occurrence of error 1 on your phone is by using Dr.Fone System Recovery Tool. It is an extremely easy to use application and is already compatible with every leading iOS version. You can simply take its assistance to resolve various issues related to your iOS device like error 1, error 53, screen of death, reboot loop, and more. It provides a simple click-through process that can resolve the iPhone 5 error 1 problem for sure. All you got to do is follow these instructions:
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 11.
1. Download and install Dr.Fone - iOS System Recovery on your Windows or Mac system. Launch the application and select the option of “System Recovery” from the home screen.
2. Connect your device to the system and wait for the application to detect it. Afterward, click on the “Start” button.
3. Now, put your phone into DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
4. Provide basic information related to your phone in the next window. Once you are done, click on the “Download” button to get the firmware update.
5. Wait for a while as the application will download the respective firmware update for your phone.
6. After completing it, the application will start the iPhone error 1 fix on your phone. Make sure that the device stays connected to the system during this process.
7. In the end, it will display the following message after restarting your phone in the normal mode.
You can either repeat the process or safely remove your device. The best thing about this solution is that you would be able to resolve error 1 without losing your data.
Part 2: Download the IPSW file manually to fix iPhone error 1
If you want to fix iPhone 5 error 1 manually, then you can also take the assistance of an IPSW file. Essentially, it is a raw iOS update file that can be used to update your device with the assistance of iTunes. Even though this is a more time-consuming and tedious solution, you can implement it by following these steps:
1. Download the IPSW file for your iOS device from here. While downloading, make sure that you get the correct file for your device model.
2. Connect your device to the system and launch iTunes. Visit its Summary section and while holding the Shift key, click on the “Update” button. If you have a Mac, then hold the Option (Alt) and command keys while clicking.
3. This will open a browser from where you can locate the saved IPSW file. Just load the file and follow the on-screen instructions to update your phone using its IPSW file.
Part 3: Disable anti-virus and firewall on computer to fix error 1
If you are using iTunes on Windows, then chances are that your system’s default firewall could be causing this issue. Therefore, try to disable its default firewall or any other added anti-virus that you have installed on your system. This would be the easiest way to get iPhone error 1 fix without utilizing your time or causing any damage to your phone.
Simply go to your system’s Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Firewall page to get this option. The feature can be located somewhere else in a different Windows version as well. You can just go to Control Panel and search for the term “Firewall” to get this feature.
After opening the firewall settings, simply turn it off the selecting the “Turn off Windows Firewall” option. Save your choices and exit the screen. Later, you can just restart your system and try connecting your phone to iTunes again.
Part 4: Update iTunes to fix iPhone error 1
If you are using an older version of iTunes that is no longer supported by your device, then it can also cause the iPhone 5 error 1. Ideally, you should always keep your iTunes updated in order to avoid a problem like this. Simply go to the iTunes tab and click on the “Check for Updates” button. If you are using iTunes on Windows, then you can find it under the “Help” section.
This will let you know the latest version of iTunes that is available. Now, simply follow the on-screen instructions to update iTunes.
Part 5: Try on another computer to bypass error 1
If after implementing all the added measures, you are still not able to get iPhone error 1 fix, then try to connect your phone to another system. Chances are that there could be a low-level system problem that can’t be fixed easily. Check if you are getting error 1 on any other system or not. If the issue persists, then simply get in touch with Apple Support.
This will let you decide if the problem is there with iTunes, your phone, or the system itself. We recommend connecting your phone to any other computer to further diagnose the issue.
We hope that after following these suggestions, you would be able to fix iPhone 5 error 1. These techniques can be implemented on almost every iOS version as well. Now when you know how to resolve iTunes error 1, you can easily use it with iTunes to perform various tasks. Additionally, you can always use Dr.Fone iOS System Recovery to get iPhone error 1 fix in no time. If you are still facing this issue, then let us know about it in the comments below.
- iPhone Error List
- iPhone Error 9
- iPhone Error 21
- iPhone Error 4013/4014
- iPhone Error 3014
- iPhone Error 4005
- iPhone Error 3194
- iPhone Error 1009
- iPhone Error 14
- iPhone Error 2009
- iPhone Error 29
- iPad Error 1671
- iPhone Error 27
- iTunes Error 23
- iTunes Error 39
- iTunes Error 50
- iPhone Error 53
- iPhone Error 9006
- iPhone Error 6
- iPhone Error 1
- Error 54
- Error 3004
- Error 17
- Error 11
- Error 2005