How Can I Fix iPhone Error 29?
Your Apple iPhone stops working and you get an Error 29 message ... System failure! ... Don’t panic. It’s not the end of your iPhone. Here are six things you can do to prevent Error 29 or set things right again.
..... Selena explains your options
As you know, the iPhone, the world’s leading smartphone, is extremely reliable. This is because Apple maintains stringent quality control over manufacturing by making all components itself. Despite this, an iPhone can occasionally fail to work properly.
If your iPhone’s operating system malfunctions, your phone will simply stop working. You will also get an Error 29 iPhone message, aka an iTunes Error 29. BTW, the "29" is just nerdy shorthand for "system failure". There are many reasons why your iPhone’s operating system can malfunction, such as:
- changes in hardware, eg, replacing the battery and then updating the operating system
- problems with anti-virus and anti-malware applications
- problems with iTunes
- software bugs
- problems updating the operating system (iOS)
These sound serious, of course. But I am going to show you several things you can do to fix or avoid Error 29 iPhone:
- Part 1: Fix iPhone error 29 without losing data (Simple and fast)
- Part 2: Install a new battery correctly to fix iPhone error 29 (Special)
- Part 3: Fix iPhone error 29 by keeping your anti-virus application up to date
- Part 4: Update the iOS operating system to fix iPhone error 29 (Time-consuming)
- Part 5: How to fix iTunes Error 29 (Complex)
- Part 6: Fix iPhone error 29 by factory reset (Data loss)
Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) is the simplest and most efficient way to solve error 29 problems. Most importantly, we can fix iPhone error 29 without losing data by using this software.
This application from Dr.Fone makes it super-easy to restore these Apple devices to their normal operating state ... by fixing the issues that make them malfunction. These issues include Error 29 iTunes and Error 29 iPhone.
Not only will Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) solve your system issues, but it will update the device to the latest version of iOS. Also, once done, the device will be relocked and will not be jail-broken, ie the software restrictions imposed on iOS devices by Apple’s operating system will still be in place.
3 steps to fix iPhone Error 29 with no data loss!
- Fix various iOS system issues like recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Recover your iOS back to its normal state, with no data loss at all.
- Support iPhone 13 /12 /11/ X / 8 (Plus)/ iPhone 7(Plus)/ iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS 15 fully!
- Work for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Steps to fix iPhone error 29 without data loss by Dr.Fone
Step 1: Select "System Repair"
- Select the "System Repair" feature from the main window in your computer
- Connect your iPhone, iPod, or iPad to the computer through a USB cable.
- Select the "Standard Mode" or "Advanced Mode" on the application.
Step 2: Download the latest iOS version
- Dr.Fone detects the iOS device and presents the latest iOS version automatically.
- Selecting the "Start" button will automatically download the latest version.
- You’ll be able to watch the progress of the download.
Step 3: Repair iPhone error 29 issue
- As soon as the latest version of iOS has been downloaded, click on "Fix Now" and the application will begin repairing the operating system.
- The device returns to its normal state as soon as it has finished restarting.
- The entire process takes about 10 minutes on average.
As you can see, Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) is super-easy to use. It's automatic once you press Download. The phone will end up with the latest iOS, and your system is secured once more.
In other words, Dr.Fone is, without doubt, the simplest and most reliable way to fix iPhone Error 29 and is the first choice among savvy iPhone users all around the world.
Besides resolving error 29 issues, Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) can fix a variety of other problems with the iPhone operating system. For this reason, I keep a downloaded copy on my hard drive just in case I ever need it.
A non-original battery or one that’s been installed incorrectly can cause Error 29 iPhone.
I have said it before and it is worth repeating: when replacing the battery in your iPhone, it is vital to use an original Apple battery and not a copy ... to ensure that everything works correctly. You’d be surprised how many people try to save a few bucks by buying a non-original battery and then end up with an Error 29 iPhone.
Even if you replace the battery with an original, you can still get an Error 29 when restoring or updating the operating system using iTunes. Later in this article, I will show you to deal with this.
But first I am going to show you how to install a new battery properly so that your risk of an iPhone Error 29 is reduced. It’s a doddle:
- Turn the phone off by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Use a Philips cross-head screwdriver (number 00) to remove the two screws from the bottom of the iPhone.
- Slide the rear cover slowly in an upward direction and lift it off entirely.
- Remove the Philips screw that locks the battery connector to the motherboard.
- Use a plastic pull tool to lift the connector as you can see in the illustration below.
- For iPhone 4s, a contact clip is attached at the bottom. You can remove it or leave it in place.
- Note how everything fits together ... you need to know exactly where everything is supposed to go when it is time for you to insert the new battery.
- Use the plastic tab to pull the battery out from the phone. Note that the battery is glued in place and a certain amount of force is needed to remove it from the iPhone.
- When inserting the new battery, make sure the contact clip is in its correct position.
- Screw the clip to the battery to secure it in its original place.
- Put the rear cover back on and tighten the shell with the two screws at the bottom.
Simple, wasn’t it?
A lot of people fail to keep their anti-virus protection up to date. Do they include you?
This is a serious omission because, as your antivirus database becomes outdated, you are becoming more and more vulnerable to viruses and malware. Besides, an outdated antivirus database can cause an error 29 when you are updating iTunes. So you must make sure it is up to date.
Updating your antivirus program from the iTunes store is pretty simple so there is no need for me to go into that. Just remember that once updated, you should restart your iPhone to check whether it is working properly.
If you still have problems or are getting error 29 iTunes, the best thing to do is to remove that particular antivirus application. But don’t forget to install another one! There is nothing more vulnerable than an unprotected device.
As well as keeping your anti-virus application up to date, to avoid iPhone Error 29 you also need to make sure you are always running the latest version of iOS. I’ll show you how to do this next.
A lot of people (including you?) neglect to keep their operating systems up to date. But doing so is vital because older versions of iOS may not be able to handle the latest software updates. The result may be a miscommunication between iTunes and iPhone that causes error 29.
Here’s how to update the Apple operating system (iOS):
- Tap the Apple icon on the top left side of the screen and select "Software Update".
- The Apple store opens and displays the available updates.
- Agree to the licensing agreement.
- Tap update.
- Let the installation finish the entire process ... do not restart the system until it ends.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your iPhone, and make sure that everything is working ok.
Unfortunately, iTunes itself could be the cause of an error 29 in your iPhone. But fixing it is simple once your iPhone is connected to your computer.
Your computer must also have the latest version of iTunes installed. Otherwise, it will not be able to recognize hardware changes made to the iPhone or do a factory reset or software update.
So first you have to update iTunes to the latest version. Let me show you how:
- Click the Apple menu (on your computer)
- Select the "Software update" menu.
- Check for iTunes updates.
- Choose "Download and Update" the software.
- Review the available updates and choose the updates you want installed.
- Agree to the license terms.
- Install the update to iTunes.
On the other hand, you could try the nuclear option, aka a factory reset. But this is strictly a last resort as, unlike the Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) application, it wipes out all your data.
Sometimes... if you are not using the Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) application... the only way to fix an error 29 is to restore the iPhone to its factory settings.
But this does not always get rid of the problem. Nevertheless, let me show you how.
But Note ... the factory reset deletes all the contents from the iPhone ... so you must create a backup before starting the reset process. I cannot stress this enough.
You will lose all your data ... if you do not do a backup first.
Here’s how to restore the factory settings:
- Open iTunes and select "Check for updates". Update the operating system if necessary.
- Once you are running the latest version, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click the "Back Up Now" button to create a backup of your phone’s contents.
- Restore the phone using the "Restore iPhone" button in the summary window of iTunes.
- Select Restore in the pop-up window that now opens to complete the process.
- Finally, restore all your data.
Like I said ... that’s the nuclear option ... a last resort because taking this route puts your data at risk and it does not always work.
To repeat, the simplest thing you can do when your iPhone stops working and you receive an iPhone Error 29 or iTunes Error 29 message is to use the Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) application to get everything back to normal.
I showed you how easy it is to use in the first part of this article.
You have also learned how to reduce the chances of getting an error 29 iTunes message by installing a new battery correctly, keeping your operating system (iOS) up to date, and maintaining your anti-virus and anti-malware database.
You also learned how to fix an iTunes Error 29 just by updating iTunes and how to do a factory reset. These slightly-complicated techniques ,however, are not needed if you use Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) application.
Indeed, without a doubt, the most reliable and effective solution to any problems with your Apple operating system (iOS) is to use the Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) application ... because this can fix all iOS errors (not just Error 29 iPhone and Error 29 iTunes). It is also much less complicated, is very unlikely to fail, and has no risk of data loss.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Error List
- iPhone Error 9
- iPhone Error 21
- iPhone Error 4013/4014
- iPhone Error 3014
- iPhone Error 4005
- iPhone Error 3194
- iPhone Error 1009
- iPhone Error 14
- iPhone Error 2009
- iPhone Error 29
- iPad Error 1671
- iPhone Error 27
- iTunes Error 23
- iTunes Error 39
- iTunes Error 50
- iPhone Error 53
- iPhone Error 9006
- iPhone Error 6
- iPhone Error 1
- Error 54
- Error 3004
- Error 17
- Error 11
- Error 2005