7 Solutions to Fix iPhone Speaker Not Working
iPhone speaker not working, whether it is iPhone 6 or 6s is a common complaint faced by iOS users these days. What you need to remember is that when you experience iPhone speaker not working problem, it is not necessary that your speakers have gone bad or are damaged. At times there is a problem with your phone's software, like a temporary software crash, which causes such a defect. After all, it is the software, and not the hardware, which processes and then gives your device a command to play a certain sound. These software issues like the iPhone 6 speaker, not working problem, can be dealt by following a few and simple methods.
Want to know how? Then, do not just wait, jump into the subsequent sections right away.
- Part 1: Basic troubleshooting for iPhone speaker not working
- Part 2: Restart iPhone to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
- Part 3: Check if your iPhone is stuck in Headphone Mode
- Part 4: Check if your iPhone sound is playing somewhere else
- Part 5: Call someone using the speakerphone
- Part 6: Update iOS to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
- Part 7: Restore iPhone to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
Part 1: Basic troubleshooting for iPhone speaker not working
Like many other issues, basic troubleshooting can be a great help while dealing with iPhone speaker not working. This is a fairly easy and common method which is less tedious than the others.
To solve the iPhone 6 speaker not working issue, you can do these basic troubleshooting:
- Make sure your iPhone is not in Silent Mode. To do so check the Silent Mode button and toggle it to put the iPhone in General Mode. Once you do this, the orange strip next to the Silent Mode button will no longer be visible.
- Alternatively, turning up the volume to its maximum limit if the Ringer volume is close to the minimum level can also solve the iPhone speaker not working issue.
If these methods don't help in fixing the problem, there are 6 more things that you can try.
Part 2: Restart iPhone to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
Restarting an iPhone is the best and the easiest remedy to fix all types of iOS issues including the iPhone speaker not working error. The methods to restart an iPhone are different depending on the iPhone generation.
If you are using an iPhone 7, use the volume down and power on/off button to restart the device. If you are using any other iPhone, press the power on/off and home button together for 10 seconds to reboot your device to fix iPhone 6 speaker not working issue.
This method can help in solving the iPhone speaker not working issue as it ends all background operations running on your iPhone which might be causing the glitch.
Part 3: Check if your iPhone is stuck in Headphone Mode
Have you ever realized that iPhone speaker not working can be due to iPhone playing sounds in the Headphone Mode even though no earphones are plugged in? As, a result of which, you are unable to hear any sounds from its speaker.
If you have connected your earphones in the past, it is possible that iPhone still recognizes them even after they have been ejected. This happens when there is accumulated dirt and dust in your earphone jack.
So, you should clean the earphone slot with a soft dry cloth, inserting it in the jack with a blunt pin, to remove all debris and continue hearing sounds on your iPhone via its speakers and fix iPhone speaker not working issue.
Part 4: Check if your iPhone sound is playing somewhere else
It is possible that the sound from your iPhone might be playing through a third-party output hardware. This is not a myth and it actually happens if you have connected your iPhone to a Bluetooth speaker or AirPlay device in the past. If you forget to turn off the Bluetooth and AirPlay on your iPhone, it will continue to use these third-party speakers to play sounds and not its own built-in speakers.
To resolve the iPhone speaker not working issue, here is what you need to do:
1. Visit Control Panel by Swiping up on the iPhone screen from its bottom > turn off the Bluetooth if it is switched on.
2. Also, tap on “AirPlay” and check if iPhone is recognized by it to solve the iPhone speaker not working error.
Part 5: Call someone using the iPhone speaker
Calling someone using your iPhone’s speakerphone is also a good idea to check whether or not the speaker is damaged or if it's just a software problem. Choose a contact and call on its number. Then, turn on the speakerphone by tapping on its icon as shown below.
If you are able to hear the ringing sound, it means your iPhone speakers have not gone bad and it is only a minor software issue which can be resolved by following the next tip, i.e., updating your iPhone’s iOS.
Part 6: Update iOS to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
Updating iOS is always advisable to fix all types of software issues that arise on an iPhone including the iPhone speaker not working issue:
To update iOS version, Visit “Settings” > General> Software Update > Download and Install. You should agree to the terms and conditions and feed in your passcode when prompted. There are a few other ways to update iPhone, you can check this informative post.
Wait for your iPhone to get updated as it will fix all bugs which might be causing the iPhone 6s speaker not working error.
Part 7: Restore iPhone to fix iPhone speaker not working issue
Restoring iPhone to fix iPhone 6 speaker not working issue should be your last resort. Also, you must make sure to backup your iPhone before restoring it as it results in data loss. Follow the steps below to restore iPhone and solve the iPhone speaker not working issue.
- Install the lastest iTunes on your computer.
- Now connect the iPhone using a USB cable and select your connected iPhone on the iTunes interface and click on “Summary”.
- Finally, click on “Restore iPhone” at iTunes interface. Click on “Restore” on the pop-up message again and wait for the process to get over to see that iPhone speaker not working issue is resolved.
- Once the process is finished, you may now disconnect it from the PC and turn it on to check if the sound is playing from its speaker.
To be frank, iPhone speaker not working disrupts many other essential iOS features also. Thus, it is necessary to tackle this problem as soon as possible. Given above are the ways to fix this recurring problem if iPhone speaker isn't working due to a software malfunction. In case even these solutions do not work for you, there are absolute high chances that your iPhone speaker is damaged and needs replacement. In such a case do visit a recognized Apple's original repair center only rather than relying on local shops for best results.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone White Screen
- iPhone Crash
- iPhone Dead
- iPhone Water Damage
- Fix Bricked iPhone
- iPhone Function Problems
- iPhone Proximity Sensor
- iPhone Reception Problems
- iPhone Microphone Problem
- iPhone FaceTime Issue
- iPhone GPS Problem
- iPhone Volume Problem
- iPhone Digitizer
- iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- iPad Problems
- iPhone 7 Problems
- iPhone Speaker Not Working
- iPhone Notification Not Working
- This Accessory May Not Be Supported
- iPhone App Issues
- iPhone Facebook Problem
- iPhone Safari Not Working
- iPhone Siri Not Working
- iPhone Calendar Problems
- Find My iPhone Problems
- iPhone Alarm Problem
- Can't Download Apps
- iPhone Tips