8 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to Android - you'll like them
Do you need to transfer files from your PC to Android? Well, the good news is that there are plenty of options at your disposal and fortunately, you do not have to waste time experimenting with different methods. This is so because we have provided a detailed guide on how to transfer files from PC to Android using Bluetooth, third-party software, Wi-Fi, and cloud-based platforms.
So, read this article and select the best possible file transfer method for your Android device.
- Part 1: How to transfer files from PC to Android by copy & paste?
- Part 2: How to transfer files from PC to Android with Dr.Fone?
- Part 3: How to transfer files from PC to Android using Wi-Fi?
- Part 4: How to transfer files from PC to Android using Bluetooth?
- Part 5: Top 3 Apps to transfer files from PC to Android
Part 1: How to transfer files from PC to Android by copy & paste?
The simplest method to transfer files from PC to Android is to copy and paste files. To learn how to transfer files from PC to Android, you just need to follow these steps:
Step 1 – First of all, plug in your Android device via a USB device to the PC.
Step 2 – Please wait for your computer to read the device.
Step 3 - A program called File Explorer will open all the files in your device. Then, you simply have to visit the ‘Hard Drive’ folder on your PC and select the files that you wish to transfer to the Android device.
Step 4 – Now it is a simple case of cutting and pasting videos, songs, and images from PC to Android device by choosing or creating the desired folder on your Android device.
Copy and pasting is the simplest technique for users because you don’t need third-party software to complete the transaction and neither do you need to have good PC knowledge.
However, there are some drawbacks as well.
- This method only works with certain file types like photos and videos.
- There are other data types like messages, contacts, and social media messages that cannot be transferred through this method.
- There might be chances that not all files from your PC are compatible with the Android device.
- Also, the process of copying and pasting can waste a lot of your time if you have a large volume of content.
Part 2: How to transfer files from PC to Android with Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone is a third party software specifically designed to make it easier to transfer files between different devices. It comes with several modules including Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) which transfers file types across all devices including iOS/Android devices. Dr.Fone is a superior solution to other methods because you can transfer different file types such as text messages, contacts, podcasts, ebooks and so much more. Furthermore, Android devices come in different formats and versions. Not all these versions are compatible with your PC. However, compatibility is not a concern when using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android). The software is compatible with more than 6000 devices. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager is also advantageous because the transaction can be completed in a single click.
One-Stop Solution to Transfer files from PC to Android
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Fully compatible with 3000+ Android devices (Android 2.2 - Android 10.0) from Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, Sony, etc.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 and Mac 10.15.
Do you want to use Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) to transfer files from PC to Android? Well, the first thing you must do is download and install Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android). After that, follow the steps outlined below to complete the transaction.
Step 1 – The very first step, as usual, is to launch Dr.Fone software and select the ‘Transfer’ component, then plug in your Android device via USB.
Step 2 – Once the connection is established, you will see various options on the Dr.Fone main page. Select the section such as photos, videos, music, or others that you want to transfer to Android.
Here, we have taken the example of the Photo option.
Step 3 - Click on the ‘Photos’ tab to see all the photos stored on the Android device.
Step 4 – Now, select all the photos that you want to transfer and click on the Icon and select ‘Add File’ or ‘Add Folder’ to transfer them to an Android device.
Step 5 – Lastly, after selecting the relevant data, add all the photos to the Android device.
Part 3: How to transfer files from PC to Android using Wi-Fi?
Under this section, you will learn how to use Wi-Fi to transfer files from PC to Android. Using a Wi-Fi connection is helpful in the speedy transfer of data between different devices.
For the same purpose here we have chosen the app called “Dr.Fone - Data Recovery & Transfer Wirelessly & Backup”. The app is quite handy while dealing with all kinds of transfer tasks whatever be the medium and no doubt is the most reliable one.
The required process for the transfer of files from PC to Android through Wi-Fi by using the above app is as follows:
Step 1: First download and install the Dr.Fone - Data Recovery & Transfer Wirelessly & Backup from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wondershare.drfone using a fast Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Now visit http://web.drfone.me/ through the browser on your PC and open the app on your Android device.
On your PC: Here you will be provided with an option to upload files from your PC using the “Add Files” option. Once uploaded, simply press the send button after entering a 6-digit key on your PC.
On your Android device: To receive the files, verify those 6-digit key and receive the files
That’s it, by following the simple steps as above you can easily transfer the files from PC to Android.
Part 4: How to transfer files from PC to Android using Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is one of the older methods of transferring files between devices. Long before Wi-Fi-based solutions came along, Bluetooth was the only option available. The method is still valid today and is a viable alternative to Wi-Fi and third-party programs. One advantage of using Bluetooth is its accessibility. Most phones and computers come with Bluetooth capability built into them. Hence, anyone with an Android and PC can use Bluetooth to facilitate file transfers.
If you are interested in using Bluetooth as a method to transfer your files from PC to Android, then follow the steps outlined below to get the job done!
Step 1 – First you must make sure that Bluetooth is activated on both your Android device and PC.
For Android, go to Settings > Bluetooth while for PC click on Start > Settings > Bluetooth.
Step 2 - Connect both the devices to each other and make sure they are both set to discoverable mode.
Step 3 - The Android device should now appear on the list of available devices. Click on ‘Pair’ to create the connection.
Step 4 - The devices should now be paired together. However, on Windows 10 you might get a passcode that must match with the one given on the Android device. Once you match the codes, accept the connection request.
Step 5 – Now, on your PC (here we have taken the example of Windows 10) Go to Settings > Bluetooth Click on ‘Send and receive files via Bluetooth’.
Then click on ‘Send Files’ to send data to your Android phone> Select your Android device and click ‘Next’ to complete the transfer of the file.
Though Bluetooth is readily accessible it is not the perfect method to facilitate Windows to Android transfer.
- One reason is efficiency as there are newer technologies that can complete transfers in a single click. Bluetooth takes longer to complete the file transfer process.
- The other reason is reliability, as there are chances of data getting corrupted due to virus attack (if one device is already affected by a virus)
Part 5: Top 3 Apps to transfer files from PC to Android
There are several apps designed to share files from PC to Android. After a comprehensive study, we discovered the three best apps for transferring data between the two devices.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery and Transfer Wirelessly & Backup
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery and Transfer Wirelessly & Backup is the top app for file transfer. Originally designed to restore missing data, the latest updates bring transfer functionality to this feature-loaded app. The app comes with several features including:
- Easy transfer of files between PC and Android
- Recover data deleted due to overwriting.
- Recover data from the cache without rooting.
- No need for cables to do transactions wirelessly.
- The only thing to do is open we.drfone.me in a browser.
Dropbox is one of the most popular file hosting services available. The program works on both mobile devices and desktop PCs. It is a fantastic option because it is so simple and accessible. You will be completing transactions like Windows to Android transfer in a matter of moments. Dropbox performs several operations like personal cloud, file synchronization, and client software. It is perfect for transferring files between desktop computers and mobile devices.
Another fantastic app for file transfers, Airdroid is designed specifically to transfer content from mobile to computer and vice versa. If you are looking for a simplified, streamlined method for transferring content from PC to Android, then look no further than Airdroid.
There may be situations when you need to send files from PC to Android. Conventional means like copy/pasting are viable but severely hampered by factors like convenience. On the other hand, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are capable but there might be some technical issues hampering the transfer. Thus, we recommend using third-party apps because they are the easiest and the smoothest way to transfer files. The best app amongst all of them is Dr.Fone because it streamlines the entire process to a handful of clicks.
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer