How to Backup and Transfer SMS, Messages from Android Phones to PC
Texting message is pretty good for you to keep in touch with your families, friends, colleagues and others. When you have an Android phone, you receive and send text messages every now and then. Some text messages are sent by your lover, parents or friends, which are so memorable. Some contain important business information, and you should take care in case you should delete them accidentally.
However, phone memory where all text messages are stored is limited. That means, you have to clean up the text box regularly to make sure you can receive and send new text messages. Considering these text messages mean a lot to you, you may want to backup and transfer SMS from Android to PC before deleting them. Here, this article tells you two ways to do it.
Method 1. Backup and Transfer SMS from Android to PC with a Desktop Android Manager
A Smart Android Transfer for Doing between Android and Computers.
- Transfer files between Android and computer, including contacts, photos, music, SMS, and more.
- Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Manage your Android device on computer.
- Fully compatible with Android 8.0.
Step 1. Run the software and connect your Android phone to computer
At the very beginning, download the right version of Dr.Fone on your computer. Install and launch it. Choose "Phone Manager" from all the functions and use a USB cable to connect your Android phone to computer. After connection, your Android phone will be displayed in the main window.
Note: Both Windows and Mac versions work in a similar way. Thus, I just take the Windows version as a try. If you're using a Mac, you can follow the steps too.
Step 2. Backup and Transfer SMS, Messages from Android to PC
Select Information tab. Go to the left column and click SMS. In the SMS management window, select the message threads that you want to transfer. Click Export to save and transfer the messages from Android to your PC in .html or .csv format.
Apart from desktop software, there're also many android sms backup apps which let you save SMS on Android phone to SD card and then transfer to computer. Among them, SMS backup & Restore stands out.
Step 1. Go to Google Play Store on and download SMS backup & Restore app.
Step 2. Launch the app and tap Backup to backup SMS to SD card of your Android phone.
Step 3. Mount your Android phone as an external hard drive by using a USB cable.
Step 4. On your computer, find your Android phone and open the SD card folder.
Step 5. Find the .xml file, and copy it to your computer
Usually Android SMS you transfer to PC are saved as .xml file, .txt file or HTML file. The last two formats are easily readable. To read SMS.xml file, you need to draw support from a third-party tool – Notepad++. It's a free source code editor, letting you read the SMS.xml file conveniently.
Note: Please don't edit the .xml file when using Notepad++. Or, the file might be damaged.
Why not download it have a try? If this guide helps, don't forget to share it with your friends.
- Transfer From Android
- Transfer from Android to PC
- Transfer Pictures from Huawei to PC
- Transfer Pictures from LG to Computer
- Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
- Transfer Outlook Contacts from Android to computer
- Transfer from Android to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
- Transfer Data from Huawei to Mac
- Transfer Data from Sony to Mac
- Transfer Data from Motorola to Mac
- Sync Android with Mac OS X
- Apps for Android Transfer to Mac
- Data Transfer to Android
- Import CSV Contacts to Android
- Transfer Pictures from Computer to Android
- Transfer VCF to Android
- Transfer Music from Mac to Android
- Transfer Android SMS to Android
- Transfer Android Photos to Android
- Transfer Music to Android
- Transfer Data from Android to Android
- Transfer Files from PC to Android
- Transfer Files from Mac to Android
- Android File Transfer App
- Android File Transfer Alternative
- Android to Android Data Transfer Apps
- Android File Transfer Not Working
- Android File Transfer Mac Not Working
- Top Alternatives to Android File Transfer for Mac
- Android Manager
- Seldom-Known Android Tips