7 Tips to Fix Android File Transfer Not Working
Android File Transfer not working issue is a pretty common scenario with a majority of Android phone users. The problems vary from “Could not connect to the device. Try connecting or restarting your device" to “No Android device found. Please connect your Android device with a USB cable to get started" or "Can't access device storage". Not only that, you can also see "Could not copy file" error while using Android File Transfer.
In this article, we are going to introduce the top 7 tips to fix Android File Transfer not connecting/working issue.
Part 1. What might be causing Android File Transfer not working?
There are various reasons why your Android device is not able to transfer data. Though Android File Transfer is an effective application for transferring data, the restrictions limit the activities. Mac doesn’t support media transfer protocol (MTP) for transferring files from Android to Mac. So, it is essential to install Android File Transfer on your Mac to transfer files from Android to Mac. When Android File Transfer could not connect to the device, you might find that Android File Transfer is not working properly.
Here are the common reasons leading to unresponsive Android File Transfer on your Mac:
- The file transfer feature is not enabled on your Android mobile/tablet.
- Your USB cable is defective.
- Your Android device or Mac computer is not compatible with Android File Transfer.
- Your Mac’s USB port got damaged.
- You have installed Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch on your Mac.
Now that you’ve known what’s causing Android File Transfer not working issue, it’s now time understand 7 proven tips for fixing this issue. Let’s explore.
Part 2. 7 Tips for fixing Android File Transfer not working
If Android File Transfer’s no Android device found issue is bothering you, then we have good news for you. In this portion of the article, we have picked the top 7 tips for you to let Android File Transfer work perfectly. When Android File Transfer misses your expectations in sharing files. You can also find other trustworthy programs offering the same services. This part of the article covers solutions for Android File Transfer could not connect to device. So that, you can seamlessly enjoy transferring data to any device.
Let’s go through them one by one.
2.1 Check your USB cable
Always ensure that the original USB cable provided with your Android device or a genuine and compatible one is used to establish the connection. When the USB cable is at fault, you won’t be able to connect the Mac and your Android device properly. It will deter the data transfer, no matter what software you use to facilitate the process. If your USB cable is damaged or doesn’t support the device or Mac, then replace it ASAP.
2.2 Enable file transfer on your Android device
In case Android File Transfer cannot connect to device, even after replacing the faulty USB cable. The file transfer settings might be preventing the connection between your Mac and Android device. You can fix this by allowing file transfer.
After connecting your Android phone to your Mac computer, unlock your phone. You can see a popup window and tap the USB connectivity option from the notification bar. Here, you need to click on the ‘File transfers’ option. It will enable the file transfer option on your device.
2.3 Update Android OS on device
At times, older version of Android OS is not compatible with Android File Transfer software on your Mac. As a result, the Mac PC could not connect to your device through Android File Transfer. In order to establish a connection between your mobile device and Mac computer, it becomes paramount to update the Android OS.
You can check for an updated version of the Android OS on your device by browsing to ‘Settings’. Then scroll the Settings menu all the way down and tap on ‘About Phone’. Now hit on System Update/Software Update option from the list of options available.
Note: Sometimes the updates are visible on the notification bar as well. You just need to tap on it and follow the steps to update it. Restart your mobile before trying to establish the connection.
2.4 Uninstall Samsung Kies/Smart Switch
If your Android device is a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S7/S8/S5/S6/S4/Note 8 or Note 5, that you could not connect through Android File Transfer. The reason may be Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch application installed on your device or Mac computer. These apps are not compatible with Android File Transfer, so you need to get rid of them first. Uninstall them and then try connecting and transferring data.
On your Mac computer, download the installer and then go to the ‘Uninstall’ option within it. The application will be instantly uninstalled from your Mac.
2.5 Reinstall Android File Transfer
When Android File Transfer cannot connect to device, you need to check whether the Android File Transfer is of the latest version or is not corrupted. Older or corrupted versions of software applications usually hamper the performance. Which is usual for Android File Transfer as well. in this scenario, you can reinstall the software and then try to connect the Android device with the Mac computer. reinstalling a fresh version of software fixes most of the related issues.
2.6 USB Debugging activation
In order to allow data transfer between your Android device and a computer, allowing USB debugging is essential. Unless you enable this feature, the computer can’t detect your Android device. As a result, Android File Transfer cannot connect your Android phone and Mac computer and initiate data transfer. Here is the quickest way to do so –
- Browse to ‘Settings’ on your Android phone, then tap on ‘About Phone’ and scroll down to Build Number. Now, hit on the ‘Buil Number’ approximately 7 times and you’ll then be able to access ‘Developer Options’.
- Next, get into the ‘Developer Options’. Ensure that ‘USB Debugging’ has been selected over here. Retry if it doesn’t work once. When the ‘USB Debugging’ option is enabled, you can see your device is detected by the Mac system.
2.7 Get Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android)
If nothing worked for you to successfully connect your Android phone and Mac computer for file transfer. you should go for Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android). For situations like Android File Transfer could not connect to device, this program is a perfect alternative. You can transfer media files between Android devices and computers as well as export, add, and delete them from the computer on a batch. You can transfer data between iPhone and Android devices as well as manage your Android device on a computer. This software is fully compatible with Android 8.0 and supports both Windows and Mac computers.
Best Android File Transfer Alternative on Windows and Mac.
- Transfer files between Android and computer, including contacts, photos, music, SMS, and more.
- Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Manage your Android device on computer.
- Fully compatible with Android 8.0.
Let’s now understand the step by step tutorial on how to transfer files from Mac to your Android device using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager.
Step 1 – Head to official website of Dr.Fone and download the Dr.Fone - Phone Manager tool. Install and launch the tool on your PC. Tap on the "Phone Manager" tab from the main screen. Now, get your Android device connected to your Mac computer using a genuine USB cable.
Step 2 – You’re now required to navigate to the desired data type that you wish to transfer from your Mac to Android. Make use of the buttons in the navigation bar at the top. For instance, tap on ‘Photos’.
Step 3 – Now, hit the ‘Add’ icon available just below the ‘Home’ button and then choose the ‘Add File/Add Folder’ option from the drop-down menu depending upon your requirements. Then, locate the desired photos on your mac that you wish to transfer to Android device.
Step 4 – Lastly, hit on ‘Open’, once you’remade your selection. Your transfer will then be initiated. After the process completes, repeat the process for all other data types that you wish to transfer.
Part 3. Android File Transfer not working on Mac
Due to various reasons, including the ones mentioned in the above section of this article. At times Android File Transfer stops connecting the Android device and Mac computer. For those critical points, a reliable solution like Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) is very essential. To get a thorough idea about how to tackle such Android File Transfer not working problems. You can refer to this article to check Android File Transfer not working on Mac and see the best possible solution.
- Transfer From Android
- Transfer from Android to PC
- Transfer Pictures from Huawei to PC
- Transfer Pictures from LG to Computer
- Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
- Transfer Outlook Contacts from Android to computer
- Transfer from Android to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
- Transfer Data from Huawei to Mac
- Transfer Data from Sony to Mac
- Transfer Data from Motorola to Mac
- Sync Android with Mac OS X
- Apps for Android Transfer to Mac
- Data Transfer to Android
- Import CSV Contacts to Android
- Transfer Pictures from Computer to Android
- Transfer VCF to Android
- Transfer Music from Mac to Android
- Transfer Android SMS to Android
- Transfer Android Photos to Android
- Transfer Music to Android
- Transfer Data from Android to Android
- Transfer Files from PC to Android
- Transfer Files from Mac to Android
- Android File Transfer App
- Android File Transfer Alternative
- Android to Android Data Transfer Apps
- Android File Transfer Not Working
- Android File Transfer Mac Not Working
- Top Alternatives to Android File Transfer for Mac
- Android Manager
- Seldom-Known Android Tips