4 Ways to Reset iPad Password Instantly
“How to reset iPad password? I have been locked out of my device and can’t seem to access it. Is there any way to reset iPad password quickly?”
Since your iPad password or passcode is used to access the device, forgetting it can land you in an unwanted situation. It doesn’t matter if it is the iPad password or passcode, you won’t be able to remove iPad lock screen without providing the correct input. Though, a lot of people confuse it with iCloud password. If you have forgotten your iCloud password, then you can follow this guide to recover iCloud password.
In this post, we will teach you how to reset password on iPad in four different ways. By taking the assistance of iTunes, iCloud, and a third-party tool, we will perform iPad password reset without any trouble. Read on and perform iPad reset password right away!
Part 1: How to reset iPad passcode when you have an access to it?
If you remember your iPad password, then you won’t face a hard time to perform iPad password reset. Apple provides a quick and easy way to reset iPad password through its settings. Before you proceed, you should remember that this will change your iPad password and you won’t be able to access it with your existing passcode. Also, make sure that you would remember the new passcode else you might need to take extreme measures to perform iPad reset password. To learn how to reset iPad password, follow these steps:
1. Unlock your iPad with your existing passcode and go to its Settings.
2. Now, go to General > Touch ID > Passcode. In old iOS version, it would be listed as “Passcode Lock”.
3. Provide your existing passcode and tap on the “Change Passcode” option.
4. Enter the new passcode and confirm your choice.
5. You can also choose whether you want an alphanumeric or numeric code from the Passcode Options.
This will reset iPad password with the recently provided passcode or password. Nevertheless, in case you don’t remember the existing passcode of your iOS device, then you need to follow the next three solutions.
Part 2: How to reset iPad passcode by restoring with iTunes?
If you have an updated version of iTunes, then you can simply restore your device by connecting it to your system. In this way, your device will be restored to its factory settings. Needless to say, your data would be lost, but you will be able to perform iPad reset password. Follow these steps to learn how to reset password on iPad via iTunes.
1. Launch iTunes on your system and connect iPad to it.
2. As iTunes will detect your device, choose it from the device icon.
3. Go to the “Summary” section on iTunes under your device (from the left panel).
4. This will provide various options on the right panel. Just click on the “Restore iPad” button.
5. Confirm your choice by agreeing to the pop-up message and reset your iPad.
Part 3: How to fix iPad with dr.fone - Unlock (iOS) and reset iPad passcode?
If you are looking for a quick and reliable solution to perform iPad reset password, then you should try dr.fone - Unlock (iOS). The tool can be used to resolve any kind of issue related to your iOS device. From the black screen of death to an unresponsive device, it is known to provide high success rate in the industry. Needless to say, it can also reset iPad password as well. All you need to do is follow a simple click-through process.
Unlock iPhone/iPad Lock Screen Without Hassle.
- Simple, click-through, process.
- Unlock screen passwords from all iPhone and iPad.
- No tech knowledge required, everybody can handle it.
- Fully compatible with the latest iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus) and the latest iOS version.
It is a part of the dr.fone toolkit and is already compatible with all the leading versions of iOS. The desktop application is currently available for both Windows and Mac as well. You can learn how to reset iPad password using dr.fone - Unlock (iOS) by following these steps:
1. Launch dr.fone toolkit on your Windows or Mac and click on the option of “Unlock” from the home screen.
2. Connect your iPad to the system and click on the “Unlock iOS Screen” button once your system has detected it.
3. As you will connect your iPad to the computer, you will get a “Trust This Computer” prompt on the screen. Just close it by tapping on the cross “x” button.
4. On the next window, you need to provide some basic information related to your device.
5. Click on the “Download” button to get the related firmware. Wait for a while as it might take a few minutes to complete the download.
6. Once the firmware is downloaded, you will automatically be moved to the next window. Uncheck the option of “Retain native data” and click on the “Unlock Now” button.
7. As the warning message will appear, type the on-screen code to confirm your choice and click on the “Yes” button.
8. This will start the repairing process. Wait for a while and don’t disconnect your iPad as it would be restored. Once it is completed, you will get the following prompt.
Now, you can simply disconnect your device from the computer and use it without any lock screen.
Part 4: How to erase iPad with Find My iPhone and reset iPad passcode?
If you don’t have an access to your iPad, then you can also choose to reset it remotely using Find My iPhone service. It was originally introduced to locate a lost iOS device. Though, you can also take its assistance to perform iPad password reset as well and that too remotely. To learn how to reset password on iPad, follow these simple instructions.
1. You can visit iCloud’s website right here: https://www.icloud.com/#find on any device of your choice to reset iPad password remotely.
2. Make sure that you provide the iCloud credentials of the same account that is linked to your locked iPad.
3. On the iCloud welcome screen, select the option of “Find iPad (iPhone)”.
4. It will open a new window. From here, you can click on the “All Devices” feature and select your iPad.
5. This will provide a few options related to your iPad. Just click on the “Erase iPad” and confirm your choice.
By following these solutions, you would be able to learn how to reset iPad password in different ways. If you are finding it hard to perform iPad password reset with iTunes or iCloud, then simply give dr.fone - Unlock (iOS) a try. It is a highly secure and reliable solution to reset iPad password in a quick and easy manner. By following its on-screen instructions, you can easily perform iPad password reset. Now when you know how to reset password on iPad, you can teach others as well and help them resolve this unwanted situation.
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Reset iPad without Password
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- Locked out of iPad
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Reset ipad Password
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iphone
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- Unlock iPhone Passcode