How to Unlock iPod touch without iTunes Easily?
When it comes to Apple products, then it is a sure thing that users love them. One of them is the iPod that has been luring in the users for a very long time. Several models are in the market to gain more revenue for the company. The biggest issue is the offending lock screen which means that the iPod has been disabled.
The main and the most used way is to unlock the iPod through iTunes which is easy to follow. However, to unlock iPod touch without iTunes is the real trick which forms the base of this tutorial. The latter part of the tutorial will lead the users to learn how to unlock the iPod without iTunes.
The main reason behind the issue is the fact that wrong passwords are given on the lock screen. The iPod not only gets lock but in some cases it also gets disabled. The user is therefore not able to access the data that is present on the device. This is the step where the trick to unlock iPod without iTunes comes in place.
On the other hand, it is essential to learn the fact that there are several ways to unlock the iPod without using iTunes. The user should, therefore, choose a way that is easy to understand. In some cases, even the use of PC is also not required to get the work done. The users who are looking for the answer to the question that how to unlock a disabled iPod without iTunes are at the right place.
Almost all the users treat the iPod as a device to listen to music. However, many people also consider it as a portable device to transfer data. The files that are kept in the iPod storage, therefore, make the issue more sensitive. The user should, therefore, learn how to unlock iPod touch without iTunes as it is a basic and most desirable need.
Most of the users that face this issue are not able to access the data through iTunes as it supports unlocked iPods. The lock screen that appears therefore not only frustrates the users but they also find themselves in a mess to a great extent. This tutorial is therefore written to increase awareness among the general users.
The iTunes that are considered to be the core part of the iDevices are not easy to understand. This statement also supports the fact that most of the users are not tech-savvy. The main article that has been published at the Apple Support site also supports the usage of iTunes.
The Apple support is therefore not advised about the issue. If a user wants to follow the requirements of Apple support then they are surely doomed. It is therefore not at all advised to follow Apple concerning this problem. The absurd solutions that are posted at Apple discussion forums are sometimes not useful at all.
If a user takes a close look at the issue, he will be able to find the locking of this kind is in their favor. The data compromise is something that is not at all tolerable. Apple has therefore applied additional security measures to prevent the issue. It is also worth mentioning that data security is the top priority of Apple Inc. upon which they have been working. The overall scenario, as well as the outcome of the situation, is therefore in the best interest of the user. The software updates are also sent automatically which makes the product security stronger.
Several processes can be applied to get the work done. However, this part will deal with the single and the most effective process. It is also one of the most used and implemented processes which is tech users can understand quite easily. The overall steps that are involved are also very easy and straightforward.
Method 1: Unlock iPod Touch on Windows
Step 1: The user should attach the iPod with the computer. The iTunes software is to be closed if it opens.
Step 2: Double click the iPod icon to open the folder to proceed further.
Step 3: The hidden files are then to be accessed by following the path tools > Folder options > view tabs > show hidden files and folders.
Step 4: Open the iPod control folder.
Step 5: Within the folder, the file _locked should be accessed. The name of the file is then to be changed to _unlocked to complete the process in full. This unlocks the iPod and users can get back on track with ease. Once disconnected the user can get access the iPod normally without any issue and trouble:
Method 2: One-Click to Unlock iPod Touch without iTunes
Unlocking iPod touch from Windows may be the favorite for the tech-savvy guys. It is a little complicated and subject to certain failure possibilities. So you may want some simple solutions to do this. Make sure you have backed up your data before you start to unlock your iPod with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). Or else, it will wipe all your data.
One-Click Solution to Unlock iPod Touch without iTunes
- Simple click-through process.
- The lock screen of the iPod touch can be easily removed.
- User-friendly screen with clear instructions
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
Step 1: After you launch Dr.Fone, select "Unlock" in the tool list.
Step 2: Connect your iPod touch to the Mac using a lightning cable, and click "Start" in the new window.
Step 3: Before unlocking the iPod lock screen, you need to boot iPod touch in DFU mode. Follow the below instructions to do this:
- Power off your iPod touch.
- Long press the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10s.
- Release the Power button but holding the Volume Down button until your iPod touch enters the DFU mode.
Step 4: When the DFU mode is activated, Dr.Fone will display the information for your iPod touch. You can also select the information from the dropdown lists. After all, this is done, click "Download".
Step 5: When the firmware is downloaded, click "Unlock Now".
With the use of technology, it is not difficult to unlock the iPod. The ease of the process is something that should be considered. It makes the process implementation easy for a layman as well.
- Transfer from iPod
- 1. Transfer Your Photos from iPod
- 2. Transfer Music to Computer
- 3. Transfer Music to Computer or Mac
- 4. Transfer Music from iPod Classic
- 5. Transfer Music from iPod (Touch)
- 6. Transfer Music from Formatted iPod
- 7. Transfer Music from iPod to Mac
- 8. Sync iPod to New Computer
- 9. Transfer Music Without Losing Data
- 10. Transfer Pod to iTunes or Computer
- 11.Transfer Music to Hard Drive
- 12.Transfer iPod Music to MP3 Player
- 13.Transfer Music to USB Flash Drive
- 14.Transfer Music from Android to iPod
- 15.Upload iPod Music to Google Music
- 16.Transfer Music from iPod to iPad
- 17.Transfer Music to Samsung Galaxy
- Transfer to iPod
- 1. Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes
- 2. Transfer Music from iPod Classic
- 3. Transfer Music from iPod Nano
- 4. Transfer Music from iPod shuffle
- 5.Transfer Music from iTunes
- 6. Put music on iPod shuffle
- 7. Transfer Audiobooks to iPod
- 8. Transfer MP3 to iPod
- 9. Transfer Music From Window
- 10. Add Videos to iPod nano
- 11.Transfer Music from Hard Drive
- 12.Transfer Music from iMac
- 13.Transfer Music from Computer
- 14.Transfer Photos from Computer
- 15.Transfer Music from iPad
- 16.Transfer Music from iPod
- 17.Transfer Music from iPhone
- iPod Useful Tips