How to Fix when Apple Account Locked? (Proven Tips)
You pick up your phone to perform a routine task, and your iPhone gives you a surprise that you have gotten your Apple account locked. It will remain this way, and you will not be able to use the phone unless you follow the proper steps.
Several Apple device users face this problem, and one of these messages might be on your screen:
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.”
- “You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons.”
- “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.”
Getting your Apple account locked can be frustrating and might hinder the performance of your phone. In this article, we will discuss the various tips to solve the Apple account locked issue.
Part 1. Why is Apple Account Locked?
Although annoying, Apple locks your Apple Account for a good reason. There might be various reasons, but the most common one is that your account’s integrity was in danger. Apple locks your account when it sees an “unusual activity” surrounding your account or device. It generally happens when some unauthorized person attempts to access your account.
Your activity can also lock your account. If you fail to log in to your Apple ID several times, Apple might lock it. Moreover, your account can even get locked when you answer the security questions incorrectly more than once. Furthermore, Apple tries to keep your ID dedicated to a few devices. Besides, it could shut it down when you aimlessly try to open the account on multiple Apple devices.
Part 2. 3 Tips to Unlock Apple Account
Well, now you know the reasons behind the Apple Account getting locked. The next step is to learn the best tips to unlock it. Here, we will share various tricks that will open the Apple account in no time. So let’s dive in!
Tip 1. Use Dr.Fone to Unlock Apple Account (without Password)
Wondershare’s Dr.Fone comes with a complete set of tools to help with a range of different and challenging problems related to your Android or iPhone. The software has an intuitive interface, making unlocking Apple account a lot easier than its competitors. The application Dr. Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) has robust versions for both Windows and macOS.
Some of the top and vital features of Dr.Fone are as follows:
- It can repair the system of both Android and iOS devices.
- It can backup data available on your device.
- You can transfer WhatsApp, Line, and Kik chat history from one phone to another.
Download the tool on your respective system, and follow the guidelines stated below to unlock Apple account without the password:
Step 1: Run the Application
Once the download is complete, get your USB cable and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
Select the “Screen Unlock” tool, and a new interface will greet you. Select the “Unlock Apple ID” option to begin the process to unlock your Apple Account.
Step 2: Reset your iPhone using Dr.Fone
Dr.Fone will present you with detailed on-screen instructions that show precisely how to reset your iPhone Settings. Dr.Fone must unlock your iPhone/iPad.
Step 3: Unlock the Phone
When your Apple device has been reset, Dr.Fone will get to work and will give you your unlocked iPhone/iPad in a matter of seconds.
When the process finishes, a pop-up message will notify you. It will point out that you can now unplug your iPhone from the PC and check if the operation was successful.
Tip 2. Use iTunes to Unlock Apple Account
Apple also offers the services of its built-in utilities such as iTunes to unlock Apple account. Here before doing anything else, you will need to get your iPhone into recovery mode. For added convenience, we have listed how to get into recovery mode with iPhone so you can smoothly proceed with the process.
Step 1. Power off your device.
Step 2. Once it’s powered off, press the side button and keep holding it while connecting your iPhone to your computer.
Step 3. Once the recovery mode logo appears, leave the button.
Now that you have entered into recovery mode, the next step is to restore the iPhone. The process is simple. You can learn it quickly by going through the steps listed below:
Step 1. After successfully getting your iPhone into recovery mode, select the Restore or Update option from iTunes.
Step 2. iTunes will download the necessary files to restore your phone, which can take some time.
Step 3. After the download, you can press shift while clicking restore, which will let you select the firmware file.
Step 4. Wait for the firmware update to finish, and then you are done!
Step 5. Access your iPhone, and you will find that the Apple account will be disabled.
Tip 3. Recover Your Apple ID via Apple (Reset Password)
If you have forgotten your Apple device’s password, it’s recommended not to input your password more than one time. It would lead to a 24-hour shutdown. It cannot be lifted even if you know your password, so proceed wisely. The recommended solution instead is to reset your password.
Here are the steps to reset the password for any of your Apple devices, provided they are in your trusted devices’ list.
Step 1. Go to Settings on your Apple device and tap your name.
Step 2. Now, go to Password & Security and then Change passcode.
Step 3. If your Apple device is signed in to iCloud, you will be required to enter a password.
Step 4. Enter the iCloud password and then set a new code for your device.
Part 3. How to Change Apple ID on an iPhone?
If you have purchased a refurbished iPhone and the previous owner’s Apple ID added to it, it is wise to change the Apple ID. You can add your own or add the ID of someone you know. Apple provides simple steps for you to change your account on iPhone.
Step 1. Visit the relevant site of Apple to remove the ID and sign in with your account.
Step 2. Navigate to the Account section and choose Edit. From there, you will see a new list of options.
Step 3. Select Change Apple ID.
Step 4. Update your email address and click continue.
Step 5. That’s it!
Getting your Apple account can ruin your day and hinder your work. Luckily, there are suitable methods to fix the Apple Account Locked issue quickly and without any damage. Here, we have discussed the top techniques to unlock the Apple account. Hopefully, these tips have helped you can access the contents of your iPhone.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- 16. Delete iCloud Account without Password
- 17. Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
- 18. Bypass Activation Lock without Sim Card
- 19. Does Jailbreak Remove MDM
- 20. iCloud Activation Bypass Tool Version 1.4
- 21. iPhone can not be activated because of activation server
- 22. Fix iPas Stuck on Activation Lock
- 23. Bypass iCloud Activation Lock in iOS 14
- iCloud Tips
- 1. Ways to Backup iPhone
- 2. iCloud Backup Messages
- 3. iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- 4. Access iCloud Backup Content
- 5. Access iCloud Photos
- 6. Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Unlock Apple Account
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Unlock Apple ID without Security Questions
- 3. Fix Disabled Apple Account
- 4. Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password
- 5. Fix Apple Account Locked
- 6. Erase iPad without Apple ID
- 7. How to Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 8. Fix Disabled iTunes Account
- 9. Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- 10. Unlock Apple ID Disabled Activation Lock
- 11. How to Delete Apple ID
- 12. Unlock Apple Watch iCloud
- 13. Remove Device from iCloud
- 14. Turn Off Two Factor Authentication Apple