How to Check iCloud Avtivation Lock Status?
Activation lock is an advanced safety feature and one of the best security inventions by Apple. Apple launched this security feature years ago to minimize thefts and perversion. The iCloud activation lock prevents unauthorized people from accessing your Apple device, including iPhone, iPad, or iPod. This feature protects your device if it ever gets stolen or lost. Turning on the Find My Device feature will activate the activation lock.
Activation Lock is a blessing to the owners who want to protect their devices from thefts or wrong people. The iCloud activation lock does not just keep your device secure but also helps in recovering your iOS device. However, to get the benefits of this feature on your Apple device, you will need to be sure that Find My (iPhone)” feature is active.
- Part 1: How to check iCloud activation lock status with IMEI?
- Part 2: Will hard reset remove activation lock?
- Part 3: How to bypass activation lock from iPhone or iPad?
Part 1: How to check iCloud activation lock status with IMEI?
Checking the status of the activation lock is quick and easy. There are different ways to do it. You can easily verify the status of your device online with the help of an IMEI number. Apple facilitates its users to access their activation code using the IMEI number online. IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15 digits unique number to identify a device on a mobile network. Every device has a unique IMEI number, including Apple devices. You can find your IMEI number at the backside of your iOS device box, or you can also ask the seller. In any case, you can not find it, These simple steps to access your IMEI number:
- Choose Settings from the Home screen.
- Select the General
- Choose the About option
- Swipe up the screen to find the IMEI number of the device.
Now, when you have your IMEI number, you can check the iCloud activation lock status using it. Follow the steps for iCloud activation lock check :
- Visit iCloud Activation Lock page on your computer browser.
- Enter the IMEI number of your device in the box.
- Type in the verification code.
- Click on the Continue button.
- You can now see the status of your Activation lock.
Part 2: Will hard reset remove activation lock?
Generally, a factory reset is determined to be a solution for many problems. However, it does not help remove the activation lock from the phone. If you factory reset your iOS phone with the Google account still signed in, it will again ask for the credentials after turning it on. So, removing the account before a factory reset is essential.
This security feature of Apple is so durable that it can turn any Apple device into an unusable element if stolen. No way can help an unauthorized person use the device. So, If you are getting an attractive deal on an Apple device, never forget to check iCloud activation lock status before purchasing the device. If you have purchased the device already, do not panic. There are still many ways to make a way out of this situation.
Part 3: How to bypass activation lock from iPhone or iPad?
Activation lock is an advanced security innovation of Apple to limit unauthorized access. With its activation lock on, it is almost impossible to access the device. Fortunately, few ways can help you to remove the activation lock. Here are some easy methods to remove activation lock with or without an owner:
Using Apple ID
If you can access the Apple ID, the easiest way is to enter the credentials in the iOS setup wizard. You can also use the Find My app feature to remove the device.
Using Purchase Proof
You can also remove the activation lock from your Apple device if you have proof of purchase. You need to contact Apple support for the removal of the activation lock. You can do it either by physically visiting an Apple store or remotely by reaching out to them. Their team will help you and provide the required assistance.
Using DNS Method
DNS method is a simple and effective technique that requires some technical knowledge. This method utilizes a wifi loophole, and it can disable the activation lock for both iPhone and iPad. The activation lock is disabled with the help of the Wifi DNS settings.
Using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock
The easiest and most effective way to disable activation lock is using third-party software Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). There is some software available that can help you disable the activation lock without a previous owner. Dr.Fone is one of the most trusted tools to help you access your iOS device with a few simple steps. You can follow the instructions below to access your Apple iPhone or iPad.
Step 1. Install Dr.Fone on the program.
Step 2. Select Screen Unlock. Go to Unlock Apple ID.
Step 3. Choose Remove Active Lock.
Step 4. Jailbreak your iPhone.
Step 5. Check the terms and warning message.
Step 6. Confirm your model information.
Step 7. Choose to remove the iCloud activation lock.
Step 8. It will remove the activation lock in a few seconds.
Look at your phone now. Your iPhone will not be locked by the iCloud. You can access and get into the phone normally.
The best thing about this tool is, it is easy to operate. You do not need any technical knowledge or assistance to use this tool. Just an instruction manual can assist you in administering this software and help you get out of this situation. Its fairly simple interface will allow you to handle the operation smoothly and unlock your screen in a few clicks. Also, you will never encounter any compatibility issues with this tool. It will allow you to bypass the activation lock from any iPhone or iPad model. Dr. Fone is a secure tool that is worth your trust.
If you are an Apple user or about to be one, you need to keep certain things in mind while selling or purchasing an Apple device. If you are an owner, do not forget to check the activation lock status before selling your phone. If you are a buyer, be significantly more cautious since somebody may sell you a stolen device that is still linked to the authentic owner's iCloud record or Apple ID. And if by any chance you find yourself in such a situation, you have to make the right choices for yourself.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- 16. Delete iCloud Account without Password
- 17. Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
- 18. Bypass Activation Lock without Sim Card
- 19. Does Jailbreak Remove MDM
- 20. iCloud Activation Bypass Tool Version 1.4
- 21. iPhone can not be activated because of activation server
- 22. Fix iPas Stuck on Activation Lock
- 23. Bypass iCloud Activation Lock in iOS 14
- iCloud Tips
- 1. Ways to Backup iPhone
- 2. iCloud Backup Messages
- 3. iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- 4. Access iCloud Backup Content
- 5. Access iCloud Photos
- 6. Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Unlock Apple Account
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Unlock Apple ID without Security Questions
- 3. Fix Disabled Apple Account
- 4. Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password
- 5. Fix Apple Account Locked
- 6. Erase iPad without Apple ID
- 7. How to Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 8. Fix Disabled iTunes Account
- 9. Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- 10. Unlock Apple ID Disabled Activation Lock
- 11. How to Delete Apple ID
- 12. Unlock Apple Watch iCloud
- 13. Remove Device from iCloud
- 14. Turn Off Two Factor Authentication Apple