How to Fix Your iPhone Blue Screen of Death
Imagine you launch the camera app on your iPhone to capture a perfect moment. Maybe it’s your graduation or your child smiling or even a group photo at a fun party with friends. As you were about to tap the capture button, the screen turns blue all of a sudden. It stays like that, and you can do nothing about it. The screen remains dead, and no amount of tapping and pressing keys help. Your moment passes, but the blue screen on iPhone remains.
- Part 1. iPhone Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) – breaking it down
- Part 2. How to fix iPhone blue screen of death without data loss
- Part 3. Update your system software to fix blue iPhone screen
- Part 4. How to fix your iPhone by turning off iCloud Sync
- Part 5. Fix iPhone blue screen by restoring iPhone with iTunes
Part 1. iPhone Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) – breaking it down
This is what the blue screen on your iPhone is technically known as. It’s not only the camera app; such a screen can appear for a variety of reasons.
- • Multitasking between apps. If you are continuously switching between applications like iWorks, Keynote or Safari, such an iPhone blue screen may appear.
- • Or it may be a fault in a certain app. Some application codes are not compatible with your processor and hang your phone in turn.
In such a scenario, you can press down the power and home button simultaneously and count to 20. This is called "hard reset". Your iPhone should light up again and reboot. If it doesn’t, you may have to fix your phone in the DFU mode. This erases and reinstalls every code controlling your phone and is the deepest form of restore. Follow the next few steps to restore in DFU using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your PC and connect your iPhone to it.
- Switch off your phone.
- Keep pressing the home button for at least 10 seconds.
- After this, iTunes recovery pop up will show. Click on "OK".
This removes all your software glitches that were previously affecting your iPhone. But the question is: are you willing to carry out such a complicated surgery just to solve the iPhone blue screen of death problem? If not, go on to the next section.
Part 2. How to fix iPhone blue screen of death without data loss
Dr.Fone - System Repair is a multi-platform software developed by Wondershare. It can be used to repair iPhone system issues like the blue screen of death, white screen or the Apple Logo screen. The unique feature of this tool is that Dr.Fone will fix your system issue without any data loss. So, every time your phone loses display, you can remain assured that all your data are safe and secure. Other features presented by Dr.Fone are:
Dr.Fone - System Repair
Repair your iOS system issues without losing data!
- Easy to use with an excellent user-friendly interface.
- Fix with various iOS system issues like blue screen, stuck on Apple logo, iPhone error 21, iTunes error 27, looping on start, etc.
- System recovery is fast and takes just a few clicks.
- Supports iPhone 8, iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS 13 fully!
- Highly secure. Dr.Fone doesn’t remember your personal data.
Another point here is its dynamic nature. Apart from system recovery, Dr.Fone allows you to back data up and restore it to your new phone at will.
Find out how to fix iPhone blue screen of death without any loss of data by following the next few steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC and launch Dr.Fone. The software will detect the phone automatically. Click on "System Repair".
- Once your iPhone is recognized by Dr.Fone, hit the "Standard Mode" or "Advanced Mode" to continue.
- Dr.Fone will detect the phone model and you can directly select "Start" to go to next screen.
- After download, click on Fix Now, Dr.Fone will start repairing your phone automatically. The device will boot in normal mode, and no data will be lost.
4 simple steps and no surgery on your phone. Your iPhone going dead with a blue screen is a software issue. All Dr.Fone did is repair this. But, then again, it’s always better to have options. In this view, the next few parts discuss how you can repair your iPhone without using Dr.Fone.
Part 3. Update your system software to fix blue iPhone screen
There are other ways to get rid of your iPhone’s blue screen. Reports say that this problem was not there in the earliest iOS versions. It started appearing with the launch of iPhone 5s, but Apple soon repaired it with an update. But the issue resurfaced with iOS 13. The best way to get rid of it is to update your iOS to the latest version. All you need to do is:
- Connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to "Settings" and then "General."
- Click on "Software update" and hit install.
The phone will reboot and expect the issue to be solved. You may also try the solution presented in the next part.
Part 4. How to fix your iPhone by turning off iCloud Sync
Apps working in sync with iCloud may lead to this iPhone blue screen of death problem. The most common one is iWork. You may turn off the iCloud sync to avoid any future problems.
- Go to Settings.
- Select iCloud.
- Turn off "Numbers, Pages and Keynote" sync.
This may fix your blue screen issue but there no iCloud sync always keeps you at risk. Again, you can only opt for this if the phone starts after a hard reset. If both of these do not work, you will have to resort to the next part.
Part 5. Fix iPhone blue screen by restoring iPhone with iTunes
Backup your existing data before proceeding with this technique. Fixing your iPhone with iTunes involves loss of data. So, it is advisable that you create a backup file in either iCloud or iTunes. Then, go on and follow the next few steps:
- Launch iTunes on your PC and connect your iPhone to it.
- After iTunes detects your phone, go to the "Summary" section.
- Click on "Restore iPhone" next.
- iTunes will ask for confirmation. Click on "Restore" again to initiate the process.
After this, iTunes will erase your entire phone including settings, apps and all the files. It will then download the latest version of iOS available. The phone will reboot. Follow the steps on screen to reconfigure the device. You did fix the blue screen issue but lost a considerable amount of data in the process. So, remember to back up your data before the restore. Or you can try the method in Part 2, it can fix your iPhone without data loss.
What if your iPhone did not start at all after hard reset? Then DFU method is the only way out. This way, you may lose your phone’s data in case you hadn’t backed up. Dr.Fone, in such a scenario, is the perfect key. All you need to do is connect your phone to Dr.Fone and let the software fix your device automatically. "Blue screen on iPhone" is sudden, but this easy-to-use software fixes this issue without any sort of data loss. Feel free to express your views in the comment section below.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone White Screen
- iPhone Crash
- iPhone Dead
- iPhone Water Damage
- Fix Bricked iPhone
- iPhone Function Problems
- iPhone Proximity Sensor
- iPhone Reception Problems
- iPhone Microphone Problem
- iPhone FaceTime Issue
- iPhone GPS Problem
- iPhone Volume Problem
- iPhone Digitizer
- iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- iPad Problems
- iPhone 7 Problems
- iPhone Speaker Not Working
- iPhone Notification Not Working
- This Accessory May Not Be Supported
- iPhone App Issues
- iPhone Facebook Problem
- iPhone Safari Not Working
- iPhone Siri Not Working
- iPhone Calendar Problems
- Find My iPhone Problems
- iPhone Alarm Problem
- Can't Download Apps
- iPhone Tips