Kies is a popular device manager that is developed exclusively for Samsung devices. Since the tool hasn’t been updated in a while and offers limited features, users often look for its alternatives. For instance, you might not be happy with the Samsung Kies Mac application as well. Don’t worry – you are up for a treat! In this post, we have explored 4 best alternatives to Samsung Kies for Mac. Instead of doing Samsung Kies download for Mac, give these handpicked applications a try.
Part 1: Best alternative to Samsung Kies for Mac: Dr.Fone - Phone Manager
The best alternative to Samsung Kies for Mac is Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android). The Mac application is a part of the Dr.Fone toolkit. It features a user-friendly and intuitive interface. Users can easily import or export their data between Mac and Android. Not only Samsung, but it is also compatible with every leading Android device from brands like HTC, LG, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Motorola, and more.
Best Tool to Manage and Transfer Android Files on Mac
- Users can selectively transfer data between Mac and Android or one Android to another easily.
- Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Manage your Android device on computer.
- Fully compatible with Android 8.0.
A complete Android device manager for Mac, it provides more features than the Samsung Kies Mac application. Here’s how you can use it like a pro.
- Launch the toolkit and visit its "Phone Manager" section. Attach your Samsung to Mac and make sure its USB debugging option is enabled.
- Wait for a while as your phone would be detected by the system. The interface will provide its snapshot and segregate its data into different categories.
- Visit the data tab of your choice (like photos or videos). View the interface to see the stored content.
- Select the data of your choice and click on the export icon. In this way, you can transfer data from your Android to Mac.
- To move data to your Android instead, click on the import icon. Add files or a folder from the Mac system and load it to your device.
Following the same drill, you can move all kinds of other data types as well. The tool can also help you backup your data, selectively transfer its content, and truly manage your Android device.
Part 2: Samsung Kies for Mac alternative: Samsung Smart Switch
To make it easier for Samsung Galaxy users to manage their data, the company also came up with another tool – Smart Switch. It is made exclusively for Galaxy devices and provides fast backup/restore solutions. Ideally, the app was created to make it easier for users to move from an iOS/Android device to Samsung without data loss. Though, you can also use its Mac application to backup and restore your data. Just like Samsung Kies download for Mac, Smart Switch download can also be done for free.
- You can take a backup of your Samsung phone on Mac.
- Later, you can restore the backup to your Samsung device as well.
- Supports photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, and all the leading types of data
- Compatible with all the popular Galaxy devices (only limited to Galaxy devices)
- Users can’t preview their data or perform a selective transfer
- Runs on macOS X 10.5 or later
You can follow these simple steps to back up your data using Smart Switch.
- Install the Smart Switch application on your Mac and connect your Samsung device to it. Just make sure that the media transfer option is selected on the device.
- From its welcome screen, click on the “Backup” option to proceed.
- Grant the needed permissions on your phone and wait for a while as Smart Switch will maintain a backup of your data.
- In the end, you will be notified with the listing of the major content that is saved.
You can also restore an existing backup to your Samsung Galaxy device using the lightweight application.
Part 3: Samsung Kies for Mac alternative: Android File Transfer
Another freely available alternative to Samsung Kies Mac that you can try is Android File Transfer. Developed by Google, it is a basic and well-functioning Mac application. It is dedicated to all those users who would like to manage their Android device storage on a Mac. The application will let you browse the Android file system on a Mac and also perform a seamless data transfer.
- It is a freely available Mac application, developed by Google.
- Users can access their Android file systems on Mac quite easily.
- It can also be used to transfer data between Mac and Android manually.
- While the app provides limited features, it is quite reliable and secure.
- Not as user-friendly or advanced as other options
- Runs on macOS X 10.7 or later
Here’s how you can use this popular alternative to Kies for Mac.
- Go to the official website of Android File Transfer and download it on your Mac.
- Once it is installed, add it to the list of the existing applications.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device and connect it to Mac. Grant it the needed permissions and choose to perform media transfer.
- Launch Android File Transfer and access the phone’s file system. Later, you can export or import the data to/from it.
Part 4: Samsung Kies for Mac alternative: SyncMate
SyncMate is another popular tool that can be used as a Samsung Kies Mac alternative. As the name suggests, it can sync different devices with your Mac. In this way, whenever you would connect your phone to Mac and use SyncMate, the data would automatically be available.
- It can automatically sync your media files, calendar, contacts, bookmarks, and more.
- You can connect your phone to Mac through a USB cable, WiFi, or Bluetooth.
- You can also mount its disk automatically and preview some content.
- Both free and expert versions (for $39.99) are available
- Runs on macOS X 10.8.5 and above
Since SyncMate can be a bit complicated to understand at first, consider following these steps:
- Install and launch the application on your Mac. Select the kind of device that you wish to sync (in this case, it would be Android).
- Now, connect your phone to Mac and choose the type of connection to proceed.
- Once your Android would be connected, you will be notified. You can select the type of data that you wish to sync.
- Furthermore, you can go to its settings and enable AutoSync or mount the disk as well.
- By mounting your phone, you can explore it via Finder and easily transfer all kinds of data between Android and Mac.
Now when you know about the four best alternatives to Samsung Kies Mac, you can easily pick a preferred tool. Instead of doing a Samsung Kies download for Mac, choose these advanced tools. For instance, Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) is the best Kies for Mac alternative. It will let you control your Android device without any trouble in no time.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
Mac Android Transfer
- Mac to Android
- Transfer Music from Android to Mac
- Transfer Files from Mac to Android
- Transfer Photos from Mac to Android
- Transfer Music from Mac to Android
- Android to Mac
- Connect Android to Mac
- Transfer Videos from Android to Mac
- Transfer Motorola to Mac
- Transfer Files from Sony to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
- Connect Android to Mac
- Transfer Huawei to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac
- Samsung Files Transfer for Mac
- Transfer Photos from Note 8 to Mac
- Android Transfer on Mac Tips