How to flash a Samsung phone with or without Odin
Are you constantly facing bugs, issues that are crippling the smoother functionality of your device? Or have you recently encountered unexpected turns of events that includes black screen of death, the System UI not working properly, applications crashing enormously. And despite the repetitive attempts of fixing all these problems fails to work, flashing the phone becomes the need of the hour.
By flashing the phone, almost all the data, components and files present there will get wiped off and installs a fresh OS version. Moreover, it even removes any errors or bugs prevailing over your device along with the login usernames, passwords for third party services. It even brushes the root of obstructions that poses as a hindrance to the normal functioning of the device. All in all, flashing phone makes your phone brand new and error free.
If you care to know how to flash a Samsung phone, then read this article carefully. As, we will acquaint you with the best possible methods of performing Samsung flash.
Part 1: Preparation before flashing Samsung
It is not a cakewalk to flash Samsung device, there are some of the pre-requisites one must follow. This will ensure that the flashing progresses smoothly. Here are some of the considerations you need to take care of.
- Charge your phone to full: While flashing your phone it is very important that you ensure to keep your device fully charged before proceeding. This is because it eats out the battery of your phone quickly as, it has to undergo so many stages of booting, recovery and restarting which highly impacts the battery of your phone. Also, just in case your device gets switched off while flashing, you may end up with nothing but a bricked device.
- Maintain backup of your data beforehand: It is very crucial to maintain the backup of each and every component available in your phone as flashing will wipe everything off. So, whether it’s your streak of pictures, saved documents, text messages, call logs, note etc., everything should be saved to your cloud storage or your PC.
- Have basic knowledge Flashing process: Even if you are novice, you must be aware of the ins and outs of flashing. Just as, we’ve discovered that it can remove all types of data and redirect back to its old state (sans data). Therefore, any wrong move will brick your device.
- Install Samsung USB drivers: Before you get started with the tutorial to flash Samsung, the correct Samsung USB drivers must be installed over your PC to ensure proper connection.
Part 2: How to flash Samsung in one click
Flashing is an age-long process that can screw your time and efforts. However, there is a way that can handle flashing in just one-click and that’s dr.fone – Repair (Android) for you! With 100 % success rate, dr.fone – Repair is a one-stop tool available in the market. Besides flashing your Samsung phone, this can work greatly to fix issues like app crashing, black screen of death, system download failure etc.
Best tool to flash a Samsung phone without Odin
- 1-click technology for executing repair operations and flashing firmware simultaneously.
- Can repair phone stuck in various modes like, Black screen of death, stuck in boot leap, play store not responding, app crashing etc.
- Fully supports almost all the Samsung models, countries and carriers.
- Has an active 24 hours helpline to assist users with any queries or problems.
- Ensure secured execution of repair and flashing operation to avoid bricking
- Has the highest success rate in repairing/flashing Samsung devices.
Let us now understand how dr. fone – Repair (Android) is useful in flashing Samsung phone.
Step 1: Getting started with dr. fone-Repair
Download and install the dr.fone – Repair (Android) on your PC. In the interim, draw connection of your PC and Samsung phone using a genuine USB cable respectively.
Step 2: Head on to Repair mode
Begin with launching the program and tap “Repair” option over the main interface. Ensure to select “Android Repair” option located in the left panel of the window and then hit on the “Start” button.
Step 3: Feed in device specific information
On the next segment, you’re required to feed the basic details of your device. Then, check mark the warning besides “Next” button followed by clicking on “Next”.
Note: Fill in the captcha code “000000” for confirmation.
Step 4: Getting on Download Mode and downloading firmware
Make use of the on-screen instructions to put your device into the Download mode and then, click on “Next” to proceed with downloading the firmware package.
Step 5: Repairing process starts
After the package is downloaded, the program will automatically start repairing. And the message of “Repair of the Operating system is completed” reflects on the program.
Part 3: How to flash Samsung with Odin
Samsung’s Odin is a multi-functional ROM flashing tool that takes care of a variety of activities such has rooting, flashing and installing custom ROM. This is a completely free of cost tool helpful in unbricking Samsung phones. With Odin, you can also setup kernel into the phone and even update your phone as or when required. It also provides free of cost flash root packages, flash custom ROMs recovery tools and other vital tools as well.
Here is the complete guide on how to flash Samsung device using Odin.
- To begin with, download and install the Samsung USB Driver and Stock ROM (compatible with your device) on the PC. Then, go on to extract files on your PC.
- Switch off your device and proceed with booting the phone in the download mode. Here is how-
- Simultaneously tap and hold the “Volume Down” key, “Home” key and “Power” key.
- When you feel the phone getting vibrated, lose hold of “Power” key but continue to press “Volume Down” key and “Home” key.
“Volume up” key to continue.
- Hold the “Volume up” key, “Home” key and “Power” key.
- Once phone vibrates, release “Power” key but continue to hold “Volume up” and “Home” key.
- Android 8 Oreo Update
- Update & Flash Samsung
- Android Pie Update