Save Your WhatsApp Chats: 2 Simple Ways to Back Up WhatsApp to Mac
- WhatsApp Transfer
- 1. Save Whatsapp Audio
- 2. Transfer WhatsApp Photos to PC
- 3. WhatsApp from iOS to iOS
- 4. WhatsApp from iOS to PC
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. WhatsApp from iOS to Android
- 7. WhatsApp from Huawei to Android
- 8. Switch Between WhatsApp and GBWhatsApp
- 9. Transfer GBWhatsApp to New Phone
- WhatsApp Backup
- 1. Access WhatsApp Backup
- 2. WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- 3. Backup WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Backup WhatsApp Photos/Videos
- 5. Backup WhatsApp to PC
- 6. Backup WhatsApp to Mac
- 7. WhatsApp Backup Stuck
- 8. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iCloud
- WhatsApp Restore
- 1. Top Free WhatsApp Recovery Tools
- 2. Best WhatsApp Recovery Apps
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 4. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 5. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 6. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 7. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images
- 8. WhatsApp Restoring Media Stuck
- 9. Restore Old WhatsApp Backup
- 10. See Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Tips
- 1. Best WhatsApp Status
- 2. Best WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Most Popular WhatsApp Ringtones
- 4. Best WhatsApp Mod Apps
- 5. Get WhatsApp on iPod/iPad/Tablet
- 6. Access Whatsapp Folder
- 7. Delete WhatsApp Account
- 8. Hide WhatsApp Ticks
- 9. Hack WhatsApp Account
- 10. Verify WhatsApp without SIM
- 11. Unlock WhatsApp Without Password
- 12. WhatsApp Plus Download
- 13. YoWhatsApp Download
- WhatsApp Problems
- 1. WhatsApp Common Problems
- 2. WhatsApp Calls Not Working
- 3. Whatsapp Not Working on iPhone
- 4. WhatsApp Backup Stuck
- 5. WhatsApp Not Connecting
- 6. WhatsApp Not Downloading Images
- 7. WhatsApp Not Sending Messages
- 8. Couldn‘t Restore Chat History
- 9. WhatsApp Not Showing Contact Names
- WhatsApp Business Manage
- 1. WhatsApp Business for PC
- 2. WhatsApp Business Web
- 3. WhatsApp Business for iOS
- 4. Add WhatsApp Business Contacts
- 5. Backup & Restore WhatsApp Business
- 6. Convert a WhatsApp Account to a Business Account
- 7. Change A WhatsApp Business Account to Normal
- 8. WhatsApp Notifications Are Not Working
- Other Social Apps Manage
WhatsApp is one of the most popularly used messaging apps globally. It is used for personal and professional communication. A lot of important data is kept in the chat history of WhatsApp. You would want to keep your personal and work data safe and accessible.
Sometimes it happens that when you update your iOS or WhatsApp version, you tend to lose some of that data. If that has happened to you as well, then you need to save your WhatsApp data by backing it on your Mac device regularly. Regular backup is very important. That backup can be done to cloud storage like iCloud and Google Drive daily as well. You can set your app settings so that whenever you connect to Wi-Fi, the data automatically gets backed up. You can select the data you want to save.
But even these official solutions have limitations. They are limited to the same platform. This is where the solution for backup WhatsApp to Mac comes in handy. This way you can not only store your data on your hard drive but can also transfer data from iPhone to Android and vice versa.
Part 1. Back Up WhatsApp to Mac from iPhone and Android:
Whether you are an android user or an iPhone user, you can use Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer to back up WhatsApp to Mac very easily. You can store data directly from your Android or iPhone to your Mac device and restore it to your new phone with just 1 click. You can even use this program to transfer selective chat history between iPhone and iPad also. WhatsApp history can be transferred from iOS to Android and from Android to iOS.
5 Simple Steps to Back up Your WhatsApp History
- Backup iOS/Android WhatsApp messages/photos to PC.
- Transfer WhatsApp messages between any two devices (iPhone or Android).
- Restore WhatsApp messages to any iOS or Android device.
- Absolutely secure process during WhatsApp message transfer, backup & restore.
First, download the Dr.Fone toolkit on your computer. You can get a free trial as well to see if it works for you or not. Run the setup on your Mac computer:
- Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone on your computer. Select the WhatsApp Transfer option from the tools list.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone or Android phone to the computer.
- Step 3. Go to the WhatsApp tab to display all the features. Select “Backup WhatsApp messages” option from the given options.
- Step 4. The backup will automatically start once your device has been recognized.
- Step 5. Wait for the backup to be completed, you can see the progress bar to know how much is done.
Part 2. Back Up WhatsApp to Mac Via iTunes from iPhone:
There is more than one way to store your WhatsApp data from your iPhone. You can easily back up WhatsApp to Mac through iTunes as well.
- Step 1. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable.
- Step 3. Launch iTunes.
- Step 4. Go to file and then to devices.
- Step 5. Select backup to create to back up your phone on your computer.
- Step 6. Make sure the data is unencrypted.
To extract the WhatsApp data from the phone data, you will need a third-party tool called iPhone backup extractor. There are many freeware extracting tools available. You can open the complete data backup of iTunes and scan it to view the WhatsApp messages in detail. You can select the ones you want to recover and save them onto your computer.
Part 3. Restore WhatsApp from the Backup with Preview:
Once you have stored your WhatsApp data on your computer, you can restore it to your iPad, iPhone, and Android phone. This is useful when you change your phone, upgrade the software or want to store data from one mobile device to another.
The challenging part is that when you are restoring data to an iPhone, it can merge the current WhatsApp data on the phone. And if you are planning on using iTunes to restore the data, then you might wipe off the existing WhatsApp data on your phone. You can use Dr. Fone to do it very easily and correctly.
To Restore Data to iOS Devices, Follow This Procedure:
The restoration of WhatsApp data to your iPhone or iPad is pretty simple with tools like Dr. Fone.
- Step 1. Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Step 2. Launch Dr.Fone.
- Step 3. In the WhatsApp transfer menu, select the option “Restore to Device”.
- Step 4. Your backup files will be listed.
- Step 5. You can either choose the file from the list and click ‘next’, or you can view the file and then click ‘Recover to Device’.
Just like that, your files will be restored to your iPhone and iPad with just a single click!
To Restore Data to Android Devices, Follow This Procedure:
There are two ways to restore your WhatsApp backup data. The first is through Google Drive, which may sound pretty simple but has its issues. The first is that the phone numbers for your Google account should be the same as for your WhatsApp account. If you have more than one WhatsApp account, then this is not a feasible solution for you. But if you want to restore previously stored data through Google Drive, then:
- Step 1. Uninstall the WhatsApp from your Android phone.
- Step 2. Re-install it from the play store.
- Step 3. Verify your phone number.
- Step 4. Restore from Google Drive will be prompted.
- Step 5. Click Restore.
- Step 6. It will take some time for the process to complete.
- Step 7. A message will be displayed showing the completion of the restore, click “Continue” to complete the process.
The issue with this process is that firstly, it takes a lot of time to restore files this way. And secondly, the data is not fully encrypted or protected in Google Drive. Also, the Google Drive backup will override the previous Google Drive backup, making it impossible to recover data.
The second, more simple and easier method is through Dr.Fone. All you have to do is:
- Step 1. Connect your Android device to your computer.
- Step 2. Launch Dr.Fone.
- Step 3. In the WhatsApp Transfer window, select “Restore to Device”.
- Step 4. Select the files you want to be restored and click ‘next’, or you can view the file and click ‘recover to device’ and your data will be restored without any problem.
Backup of WhatsApp data to Mac is very important, especially if you are using more than one WhatsApp account and want to store the data from all your WhatsApp accounts in an organized way. Since nowadays most of the communication, whether professional or private, is done through WhatsApp, so you will want to save it to be used later. So, Dr.Fone back up WhatsApp to Mac lets you create your data storage for all the essential information on your WhatsApp accounts on your iOS and Android devices with a few clicks!