Today's era is the era of smart devices, like smartphones and tablets. Nowadays, you will find many smartphone users, be it an Android phone, Windows phone, Blackberry, or iPhone. But, among all these smartphones, Android phone users are more as Android devices look attractive and come inbuilt with various useful features. Though these smartphones come with eye-catching functionalities, they require careful handling, as any small damage may lead to loss of data. Damage may be caused to the smartphone in various forms, and the broken screen is one of them.
- Part 1: Can you backup data on an Android phone with a broken screen?
- Part 2: Backup data from Android phone with a broken screen
Part 1: Can you backup data on an Android phone with a broken screen?
Broken Android screen is the result of physical damage to the phone. So, in most cases, the split-screen will lose its touch function and, thus, becomes unresponsive. The screen will appear blank, and as a result, whatever the data stored in the internal memory of the phone, cannot be accessed in anyways. The chances are very few that the display screen will remain intact, even after your phone slips from your hand or pocket. If this is the case, you can quickly backup your data.
Now the question is, “whether it is possible to take a backup of the data when the display of your Android smartphone is not working after getting crushed from the height”?
Gladly, the answer is “Yes.”
Let's see how you can take a backup of your data when your phone's screen is broken.
1. The easiest and the convenient way to recover data from your Android phone is first to connect it to your PC and check whether it is getting detected. If yes, use a secure Android Data Recovery software or tool. Run the software and follow the process to recover your important data from your broken phone.
2. If you are using a Samsung Android phone, you can retrieve the data from the broken screen by using a highly useful application called – 'Find my Phone.' If you have a Samsung account, simply visit the website, and enter your login credentials. With this, you will be able to access your phone data, and hence, can unlock your screen and recover all crucial data by connecting your device and PC.
3. There is yet another way to get your data backup from your broken Android device. If any of your friends using the same Android device that you are using and if it is in working condition, you can place your phone's motherboard on that device and can backup all your crucial data.
Part 2: Backup data from Android phone with a broken screen
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) is an Android data recovery software developed by WonderShare. It is designed to be used for all Android operating systems, be it smartphones or tablets. This is the world's first data recovery tool for Android and is capable of recovering lost or deleted images, contacts, videos, audio files, call history, messages, and more in a quick and easy way.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way, such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
How to use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) to backup Android data?
At times, we face problems like a broken screen, black screen, water damage while using Android smartphones. In all these situations, the worst thing is that we are not able to access our important data. But thankfully, now we have Wondershare Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android), which effectively recovers data, even from a broken screen.
Note: At present, the tool can access data from broken Android only if it is earlier than Android 8.0 or rooted.
Here are steps that define how the software works to recover the data.
Step 1. Download and run the software
Download and run the software, and connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. After launching the software, select Data Recovery from the left menu column. Then the program will start the scan your phone.
Step 2. Select the file type to recover
After completing the first step, a pop-up window will appear, asking you to choose what type of file you want to recover. You can either select particular files to recover or select all to recover all. After selecting the files, you need to click on “Next.”
Step 3. Select the Fault Type of Your Phone
After clicking on “Next,” you are required to select the type of fault on your phone from the two options: "Touch cannot to used or cannot enter the system" and "Black screen (or the screen is broken)." After the selection, the software will lead you to the next step.
After this, a new window will appear, select the correct “Device Name” and “Device Model” for your phone. At present, this function works only for some of the Samsung devices in Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Note series. Now, click on “Next.”
Step 4. Enter Download Mode
Now, you need to follow the instructions to bring your Android phone in Download Mode.
Power off the phone.
Press and hold Volume "-," "Home" and "Power" button on the phone.
Press the "Volume +" button to enter download mode.
Step 5. Analyze your Android phone
Now, Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android will analyze your phone automatically if it is connected to the PC.
Step 6. Preview and Recover the Data from Broken Android Phone.
After the phone analysis and scanning process, the software will display all the file types by categories. After this, you will be select the files to preview them. Select the files you want and then click on “Recover” to save all the crucial data you require.
So, if your Android phone's screen is broken and you are finding a suitable solution to recover your data safely, go for Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android software.