Detailed Guide to Unlock HTC Bootloader In 2024
As you are aware, our expectations are increasing daily in the modern world. Everybody wants and needs things customized to meet their needs. This holds true for our smartphones as well. We must first root our phone in order to accomplish this. However, if you have an HTC handset, you must first unlock the HTC bootloader before you can begin the rooting process. So let's study how to proceed with the HTC bootloader unlock.
Part 1: Some Results after HTC bootloader unlock
1. Administrative privileges of device (changes to your system)
Unlocking the HTC bootloader has advantages in the sense that it gives you administrative privileges which simply means that you can make changes to your system or device according to your needs. It is a great benefit because device customization becomes possible with this solution.
2. ROM community
You can download a custom ROM to give your device the newest Android version and a brand-new appearance and feel. The bootloader essentially starts the Android operating system, Android read-only memory (ROM).
A public key is built into the boot-loader to verify the ROM hash that is going to be executed. The ROM's hash is based on the package's contents.
3. Install custom recovery
Additionally, you may set up a custom recovery like TWRP, make a Nandroid backup, flash ZIP and IMG files, and so forth. The same is true for the numerous Magisk Modules and frameworks that are available to you.
4. Data loss
All of these things may sound great, but there are always two sides to every story. The warranty on your smartphone is void if the bootloader is unlocked, to start. The procedure also erases all of the data on your device. The worst part is that the lost data cannot be recovered after the HTC bootloader unlock.
5. Bricked device and boot loop
The entire procedure is dangerous in and of itself, and if carried out incorrectly, could leave your device bricked or in a bootloop. Therefore, consider all of these hazards before unlocking the bootloader on your HTC handset and make an informed decision about whether or not you should proceed with HTC bootloader unlock.
Part 2: How to unlock the HTC bootloader?
Make sure your gadget complies with the specifications listed below. Consider each step carefully.
Make a full backup
Your HTC handset will lose all of its data if the bootloader is unlocked. Therefore, it is advised to create a full backup in advance.
Charge your HTC device
Make sure your gadget has a suitably high level of charge. It is suggested to reach 60% or more. This is due to the possibility of problems if your device suddenly shuts down during the procedure.
Put HTC USB drivers in place
Installing the USB drivers for your HTC smartphone is crucial if you want your PC to detect your device.
Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging
Both OEM unlocking and USB debugging must be enabled. The former facilitates device and PC ADB connections. The latter is necessary to unlock the bootloader. Go to Settings > About Phone > Seven times tap on the Build Number, then return to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
ADB and Fastboot tools can be downloaded.
The ADB and Fastboot Tools should now be downloaded and installed on your computer. This is necessary to ensure that the PC identifies your device in Fastboot Mode and accepts the fastboot command we will issue later.
So that's it. These are the things that must be remembered. To unlock the bootloader on your HTC handset, simply follow the steps below.
2. Steps to unlock the bootloader
- Utilize a USB cable to connect your device to the PC. A USB Debugging Authorization will then appear on your screen. Click Allow to permit USB debugging
- Now enter cmd in the address bar and navigate to the platform-tools directory. The Command Prompt will open as a result. To boot your device into fastboot mode, enter the following command in the cmd window:
- By shutting off your device and then pushing the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, you can also reboot your device into fastboot mode. The Bootloader menu will now be displayed for you. Fastboot Mode can be selected by using the Volume keys, and then you can confirm your selection by pressing the Power key.
- Enter the following command into the Command prompt window. Please be aware that the following command will erase all data. So be sure a backup has been made.
- You will receive the device's special identification token if you do this. As indicated in the image below, copy the commands from "Identifier Token Start" through "Identifier Token End." Make sure you avoid copying the Bootloader prefix in the end.
- Go to the HTC Unlock website now, choose your handset from the list on the right, and log in using your information.
- When you get to the area under "My Device Identifier Token," scroll down. Paste the token that you copied in the previous step into that box. Finally, click the Submit button.
- The message "Token supplied successfully" should now appear. Additionally, you must get an email from HTC including the Unlock code.bin file. Place this file in the platform-tools folder after downloading it.
- This file will now need to be flashed onto your HTC device. Enter the following code in the CMD window to do that.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- You will see an Unlock Bootloader caution notice on your HTC handset after running the aforementioned command. To select the Yes option, press the Volume keys, and then press the Power key to confirm.
- Your HTC gadget will now launch to the platform with an unlocked bootloader after completing the process.
For a long time, mobile carriers have been the scourge of existence. When you try to transfer providers, they start out with limitless data and then take your phone hostage before unlocking the bootloader. However, there are programmes like Wondershare Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock that can quickly and easily unlock your HTC cell phone and take help from HTC one m8 unlock bootloader without harming it. You can also benefit from data recovery with Dr. Fone. With the aid of this technique, you can unlock your Android phone without losing a single piece of data. Other approaches are less trustworthy because they are unsafe to use with the most recent version of Android. Therefore, we can claim that using Wondershare to unlock your Android device is the best option for you.
The Bottom Line
This concludes the instruction manual for unlocking the bootloader on any HTC device. We trust the guidelines will be useful to you as you complete the aforementioned process. Even still, feel free to post your concerns in the comments area below if you run across any problems.
- HTC Transfer
- 1. Transfer from HTC to HTC
- 2. Transfer from HTC to PC
- 3. Transfer from Android to Android
- 4. Transfer from Android to Mac
- 5. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 6. HTC Transfer Tool for Android
- 7. WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- 8. Whatsapp from Android to iPhone
- HTC Unlock
- 1. Unlock HTC Without A Password
- 2. Remove HTC Lock Screen
- 3. SIM Unlock HTC One (M8)
- 4. HTC Unlock Secret Codes
- 5. Top HTC Unlock Code Generators
- 6. Top Ways to Unlock HTC Network
- 7. SIM Unlock HTC One Phones
- 8. Hard Reset HTC Without Password
- 9. Unlock HTC One Bootloader
- 10. Why Unlock HTC bootloader
- HTC Problems
- 1. HTC Stuck At White Screen
- 2. HTC One Battery Overheating
- 3. Android App Not Installed Error
- 4. Bricked Your Android Phone
- 5. Encryption Unsuccessful Error
- 6. Android.Process.Media Has Stopped
- 7. Flash Dead Android Phone Safely
- 8. Stuck at Android System Recovery
- 9. Google Play Services Won't Update
- 10. Settings Has Stopped on Android
- HTC Tips