App not installed on Android is no more an unknown Error Code during Application installation as many people experience it on a day-to-day basis. An "Application not installed" error message usually pops up when you are trying to download and install an App with a .apk file extension from somewhere other than the Google Play Store. The error is very confusing at first but makes sense when you realize that this unknown Error Code during Application installation is neither a software issue nor a hardware problem. It is a direct outcome of what you do with your device. Yes, you heard that right. Your faulty actions can cause Android App not installed error.
What to do when trying to install the Android APK it says "app not installed"? It is terrible that you can't install App on your device. But in this article, you will know more about the causes behind this error and the best ways to fix it, read on, here is all you need to know.
Part 1: Common reasons for the “Android App not installed” error
You may ask: Why can't I download apps on my Android? Understanding the underlying causes of the "Android App Not Installed" error is crucial for resolving the issue effectively. So, what are the reasons for Android App not installed error? Given below are a few reasons:
1. Insufficient storage
Android software and if data such as photos, videos, music, messages, apps, contacts, emails, etc are stored in the internal memory there is not adequate storage left for another App, leading to Android App not installed error.
2. Corrupted/Contaminated App file
When you do not download Apps from the Play Store and choose another platform to do so, App files are usually corrupted and hence cannot be installed on your device smoothly. You should be doubly sure of the source from where you download an App, check its extension name, and make an effort not to install contained files.
3. SD Card not mounted in the device
At times your phone could be connected to your PC or another electronic device that can access the SD Card from your device. In such situations when you install an App and choose to save it to your SD Card, you will see Android App not installed error because the App cannot find the SD card as it is not mounted in your device.
4. Storage location
You must be aware that certain Apps work their best when stored in the device’s internal memory, whereas others need to be located on an SD Card. If you do not save the App in an appropriate location, you will find that the App isn't installed because of an unknown Error Code.
5. Corrupt storage
Corrupted storage, especially a corrupted SD Card, is known to cause the Android App isn't installed error. Even the internal storage can get clogged due to unnecessary and unwanted data, some of which might contain an element that disturbs the storage location. Take this issue seriously as a corrupted SD Card and even clogged up internal memory can put your device in danger.
6. Application Permission
Software operations running in the background and App Permission are not new concepts. Such errors can also cause the Unknown Error Code during App installation.
7. Incorrect file
If you already have an App installed but download another variant of it having a distinct signed or unsigned certificate can also make the Android App not installed error pop-up. This sounds technical, but this and all the other reasons listed above can be tackled by you.
The Unknown Error Code during Application installation can occur due to any one or more of the reasons stated above. So read them carefully and understand them well to avoid such glitches in the future.
Part 2: One-click to fix App not installed on Android error
So App not installed on your Android phone or tablet? The most horrible part is that this issue may come out of the corruption in the system files. In this situation, Android apps won't be installed no matter what measures you take. Android system repair is the only effective solution to deal with this issue.
Android system repair used to require high technical skills. But most of the users know little about technical things. Well, worry not! Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) allows you to repair Android easily, that is, complete the fix with just one click.
A powerful tool to fix the "Android App not installed" error in one click
- Fix all Android system issues like Android App not being installed, the system UI not working, etc.
- One-click to fix Android App not installed. No technical skills are required.
- Support all the new Samsung devices, etc.
- On-screen instructions are provided to prevent any misoperation.
Note: Getting your Android system repaired may erase the existing device data. It is recommended that you should back up your Android data before starting the Android repair.
The following steps illustrate how to fix the "Android App not installed" error in one click:
- Install Dr.Fone on your Windows. After that, launch it, and click "System Repair". Connect your Android to the computer.
- Select the "Android" option and click "Start".
- Select device information, such as brand, name, model, country, etc., from each field, and type "Next".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to boot your Android in download mode, and allow the tool to download the firmware to your device.
- After the firmware is downloaded, the tool will start to repair your Android, hereby fixing the "Android App not installed" error.
Part 3: How to fix App not installed error on Android
We understand that it can be a tricky situation to be in when Android App not installed error pops up, but what if we tell you can get rid of it in easy and simple steps? Yes, there is!
#1. Delete unnecessary files/Apps
Insufficient storage can prevent the app from being installed. Make some storage space on your device by cleaning unwanted data and deleting extra media and other files. You can also get rid of heavy Apps by:
Visiting “Settings” on your device. Then select "Manage apps", "Application Manager" or "Apps" (varies based on device model or version) from the list of options before you.
Now select the App you wish to uninstall and wait for the App Info screen to open, then click on “Uninstall” as shown in the screenshot.
You can also uninstall the unnecessary application on the home screen, just long-press the app you want to uninstall until you see the "uninstall" icon. Click "Uninstall", then, you need to click "OK" to confirm the uninstall process.
#2. Use only Google Play Store
As you are all aware, the Play Store is specially designed for Android software and contains only trusted and safe Apps. It is often known as the “Android Market” because it is loaded with different types of Apps to stiffly all your needs so that you don't have to rely on other third-party sources to purchase/install Apps.
#3. Mount your SD Card
Another remedy for Android App not installed error is to make sure that the SD card inserted in your device is not inaccessible.
To check the same:
First, disconnect your device from your PC and then visit “Settings” on your Android and select “Storage” from the options that appear. Finally, click on “Mount SD Card” at the Storage Info screen.
You can now restart your device and try to install the app now, it should work!
#4. Choose App location wisely
It is advisable to not tamper with the App’s location and let the software decide where it needs to be placed. As far as possible, let the Apps be in your device’s internal memory.
#5. Format SD Card
The chances of your SD Card being corrupted are very high. You can format it either while it is in your device or externally.
Now to Clean up your SD Card, simply visit “Settings” and select “Storage” and tap on “Format SD Card” and mount it once again to use it smoothly.
#6. App Permissions
You can reset App permissions to combat the Android App not installed error by Visiting “Settings” and then selecting “Apps”. Now access the Apps menu and hit “Reset App Preferences” or “Reset application permissions”. This will allow third-party apps to get installed on your device.
#7. Choose the correct App file
Make sure to always download an App file only from a trusted and safe source to avoid any errors during installation.
#8. Reboot your device
Finally, if nothing else works, restart your device to end all operations which could be causing the said error. To reboot, just press the power button till you see a pop-up. Select “Restart” and wait for your device to reboot.
Encountering the "App Not Installed" error on Android can be frustrating, but by understanding the causes and implementing the appropriate solutions, you can overcome this issue. We saw that Android App not installed error can be fixed quickly if you keep in mind the tips given in this article. However, please ensure that you follow each instruction carefully to avoid any further goof up.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found