4 Ways to Reset LG Phone When It's Locked
If you wish to reset your locked LG smartphone, then you no longer need to go through a tedious tutorial. In this post, we will teach you how to reset the LG phone when locked out, in three different ways. Fortunately, with most of the Android smartphones, there are multiple ways to reset the device. Therefore, even after forgetting your pattern or pin, you can reset your device (and unlock it afterward). Read on and learn how to reset an LG phone when it is locked in different ways.
Part 1: How to reset LG phone after removing the lock screen?
For many of us who want to reset the locked LG phone, we just want to be able to get into the locked phone again. Though we can find a few solutions online to help us remove the lock screen, they either not work very well or want us to factory reset the phone at the cost of all personal data on the phone. Fortunately, here comes Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android), which makes removing the lock screen on your LG phone easy like never before.
Remove 4 Types of Android Screen Lock without Data Loss
- It can remove four-screen lock types - pattern, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- Only remove the lock screen, no data loss at all.
- No tech knowledge asked everybody can handle it.
- Work for Samsung Galaxy S/Note/Tab series, and LG G2, G3, G4, etc.
How to removal lock screen on LG phone with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android)?
Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone on your computer. Then click on the Screen Unlock function.
Step 2. Connect your LG phone to the computer. Select the device model from the list.
Step 3. Select the correct phone model information for your LG phone.
Step 4. Then follow the instruction on the program to enter Download Mode.
- Disconnect your LG phone and Power it off.
- Press the Power Up button. While you are holding the Power Up button, plug in the USB cable.
- Keep pressing the Power Up button until the Download Mode appears.
Step 5. After the phone boot in download mode successfully, the program will try to match the phone model automatically. Then just click on Remove on the program, and the screen lock on your phone will be removed.
Just in a few seconds, your phone will reboot in normal mode without any lock screen.
Part 2: How to reset LG phone using Android Device Manager?
This is probably the easiest way to reset an Android device. With the help of the Android Device Manager, not only can you locate your device, but you can also change its lock or erase its data remotely. Your LG smartphone would already be connected to the device manager. All you got to do is follow these easy steps in order to learn how to reset LG tracfone when locked out.
1. To start with, simply visit Android Device Manager and log in using the credentials of your Google Account (to which your phone is already linked to).
2. Just click on your device's icon to get various options related to it. You can get the current location of your device, lock it, erase its data, and perform a few basic operations. If you wish to change the lock, then simply click on the "lock" option.
3. Now, you will get a pop-up message where you can provide the new password for your device. Just click on "Lock" when you are done to apply these changes.
4. In order to reset your device, click on the "Erase" button. You will get another pop-up message to confirm this action. Just click on the "Erase" button again to remove all the data from your LG device.
After performing all these operations, you can learn how to reset the LG phone when locked out using Android Device Manager.
Part 3: How to reset LG phone in recovery mode?
If you wish to learn how to reset an LG phone when it is locked, then you can always put it in recovery mode and perform a factory reset. Needless to say, after performing the factory reset, your phone would reset entirely and will be like a brand new device. After putting your phone on its recovery mode, you can perform a wide range of operations like setting the partitions, resetting it, and more.
Don't worry! It might seem a little overwhelming in the beginning, but the process is quite simple. Learn how to reset the LG phone when locked out with recovery mode by following these steps.
1. Firstly, just turn off your device and let it rest for a few seconds. Now, you need to put it into recovery mode. Just press the Power and Volume Down button at the same time for a few seconds, until the company logo would appear. Now, just release the buttons for a second and press them again simultaneously. Keep pressing it until the recovery mode menu will appear on your screen. Though this works for most of the LG devices out there, it might change from one model to another at times as well.
2. Great! Now you would be able to see various options on the recovery mode menu. You can navigate the menu using the Volume up and down button and select an option using the power/home button. Move to the "Wipe data/factory reset" option and use your device's keys to select it. You might also need to select "Yes" if it asks whether you want to delete all user data from your phone.
3. Wait for a while as your actions will reset the device in the next few minutes. Afterward, restart it by selecting the "Reboot system now" option and let your LG phone restart after performing the factory reset operation.
By using the recovery mode, you can reset every LG device out there. All you got to do is implement these easy steps in order to learn how to reset LG tracfone when locked out.
Part 4: How to reset LG phone using factory reset code?
A lot of people don't know this, but we can reset most of the devices out there using the emergency dial pad as well. If your device is locked and you want to reset it without the assistance of Android Device Manager or Recovery Mode, then this will be a great alternative. It is a hassle-free way to reset your device without facing any complications.
Even when your phone is locked, you can still access its emergency dial pad and reset it by dialing certain digits. Learn how to reset an LG phone when it is locked using the factory reset code by following these steps.
1. When your phone is locked, tap on the emergency dialer. In most of the devices, it would either have its own icon or "emergency" written on it. It will open a simple dialer, which can be used to make a few emergency calls.
2. In order to factory reset your device, tap the digits 2945#*# or 1809#*101#. Most of the time, these codes will work and reset your device. In case if it won't work, then dial #668 while pressing the power button at the same time.
3. The code might be different from one model to another as well. Though, you can always dial *#*#7780#*#* as it works with most of the Android devices.
That's it! It will simply reset your phone without any trouble. You can also use these key combinations in order to learn how to reset LG tracfone when locked out as well.
After following either one of these alternatives, you can easily reset your device without any trouble. From using the Android Device Manager to factory reset codes, there are different ways to reset your LG smartphone without any trouble. Go ahead and let us know your experience in the comments below.