How to Permanently Delete Text Messages from iPhone
"It was shocking to discover that some text messages I had deleted months ago are still showing up in the spotlight search on iPhone. I'd rather not have these text messages shown up. How can I permanently delete text messages from my iPhone?"
If you search 'deleted text in iPhone search' or 'deleted text in iPhone spotlight', you should see that many people are talking about it. After manually deleting text messages on your iPhone, you thought they were gone. Actually, they are still on your iPhone, but become invisible. And with an iPhone data recovery tool, you can recover these deleted text messages from your iPhone easily.
How to permanently delete text messages from iPhone
How to permanently delete messages on iPhone? To do it, you need a professional tool for help because you can't make it manually. Right now, there aren't many tools for this purpose available on the market at the moment. Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) is the tool worth trying. It will permanently delete text messages on your iPhone, making these text messages gone forever. Even a data recovery tool can't retrieve it anymore.Note:
The Dr.Fone - Data Eraser can permanently erase text messages on iPhone with ease. However, it can't erase the iCloud account. If you forget the password for your iCloud and would like to erase the account, it's recommended to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS).
Easily Wipe Your Personal Data from Your Device
Step 1. Install the iOS Private Data Eraser on your computer
Install and launch the program on your computer. Connect your iPhone with your computer via its USB cable. After then, select "Data Eraser" to permanently delete text messages on iPhone.
Step 2. Scan for existing and deleted text messages on your iPhone
On the program, click "Erase Private Data" > "Start Scan", and then the program begins to scan for the text messages on your iPhone.
Wait when the program is scanning your iPhone.
Step 3. Permanently delete messages on iPhone
When the scan is finished, you're able to check "Messages" and "Message Attachments" to preview all the messages you're going to delete permanently. Click "Erase from the Device" to delete text messages from your iPhone completely.
The program will ask you to confirm your operation by entering the word "delete". Just do it if you are sure about it. Then click "Erase now" to continue.
Once the process is complete, you will see the window as follows. Then the messages (deleted one or existing one you choose) are permanently deleted from your iPhone. Even FBI can't get them back.
Delete text messages on your iPhone manually
Tap Messages app > tap Edit > tap the read circle, then you can remove the whole conversation from your iPhone. Or tap to open a conversation > tap on any message > tap 'More'. And then you can delete any message in this conversation you need. However, you think you've deleted the text from your iPhone, but you may find them in spotlight. Or at least, you can use a recovery software to recover deleted text messages from your iPhone.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Back Up iPhone Messages
- 1. Back up Messages on iPhone
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Back up Viber messages
- 4. Back up WhatsApp Data to Computer
- 5. Export WhatsApp Message from iOS
- Delete iPhone Messages
- 1. Delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- 2. Delete Snapchat Messages on iPhone
- 3. Delete WA for Everyone
- 4. Delete WA Message Permanently
- 5. Delete Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Tips about WhatsApp Delete Message
- 7. Undelete Messages on iPhone
- 8. View Deleted iMessage History on PC
- Recover iPhone Messages
- 1. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Messages
- 2. Recover Deleted Viber Messages
- 3. Recover Messages on iPhone 13
- 4. Recover Deleted Message on iPhone 8
- 5. Recover Deleted Message iPhone 6
- 6. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 7. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 8. Restore 1-Year-Old WhatsApp Chats
- Restore iPhone Messages
- 1. Restore Kik Messages from iPhone
- 2. Restore Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Restore Viber Messages Selectively
- 4. Restore Kik Messages to iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Messages
- 1. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to Computer
- 4. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. Transfer from Android to iPhone 13
- 7. WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- 8. Download Text Messages from iPhone
- iPhone Messages Problems
- 1. iMessage Not Working
- 2. iMessage Keeps Crashing
- 3. iMessage Not Syncing on a Mac
- 4.iPhone won't send or receive texts
- 5. iMessage Freezing or Not Working
- 6. Why Are My iPhone Messages Green
- iPhone Message Tricks
- 1. Export Messages from iPhone to PDF
- 2. Know Who Read WA Group Message
- 3. iPhone Message Tips and Tricks
- 4. Access iMessage Online
- 5. Extract Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Forward Text on iPhone and Android
- 7. Print Text Messages from iPhone
- 8. View iPhone Messages on PC/Mac
- 9. Tell If You Are Blocked on iMessage