How to Completely Format iPhone
“It’s been a long time since I got my iPhone (iOS 9). Now it’s become cluttered. I really think a total restart from zero would be great. However, I don’t believe a restore will delete all data, because in forums, you should always see that if you use a software program, like Dr. fone or any other tool, you can find things leftover. Is there a complete way to format my iPhone?”.
How to Completely Format iPhone
It’s the fact that a restore or factory reset never format your iPhone completely. Using a recovery tool can still find some data on your formatted iPhone (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus included).
If you really want to format your iPhone completely for selling or giving away, you should try the military-standard technology equipped dr.fone - iOS Full Data Eraser.
Easily Delete All Data from Your Device
- Simple, click-through, process.
- Your data is permanently deleted.
- Nobody can ever recover and view your private data.
- Works greatly for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including the latest models.
It’s developed to format iOS device securely , erasing everything on your iOS device.
Below are the simple steps for how to use it.
Note: If you're going to format your iPhone with dr.fone - iOS Full Data Eraser, please make sure you've backed up your data on iPhone. You know, after using this program, all data on your iPhone will disappear forever.
Step 1. Download and install dr.fone
The trial versions is available. You're supposed to download it on your computer, install and launch it. Then go to "Erase".
Step 2. Connect your iPhone with your computer
Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB cable. Then click "Erase All Data" on the program's window. If your device is connected successfully, you can see your iPhone appear in the window as follows. Click "Erase" to move on.
Step 3. Confirm to format your iPhone
In the pop-up window, you need to type "delete" in the required box and click "Erase now", letting the program to erase data for you.
Step 4. Completely format iPhone
During the process, please keep your iPhone connected all the time and don't click the "Stop" button.
When the process is complete, you will see the window as follows.
Step 5. Set your formatted iPhone as a new one
The process will take you a while. When it's complete, click the 'Done' button in the main window. And then you'll get a totally new iPhone with no data on it.
For the sake of your privacy, you can unregister your iPhone at the Apple website to ensure that your don't have any account linked to your old iPhone. After all that, set your iPhone as a new one.
- 1. Wipe iPhone
- 1.1 Permanently Wipe iPhone
- 1.2 Wipe iPhone Before Selling
- 1.3 Format iPhone
- 1.4 Wipe iPad Before Selling
- 1.5 Remote Wipe iphone
- 2. Delete iPhone
- 2.1 Delete iPhone Call History
- 2.2 Delete iPhone Calendar
- 2.3 Delete iPhone History
- 2.4 Delete iPad Emails
- 2.5 Permanently Delete iPhone Messages
- 2.6 Permanently Delete iPad History
- 2.7 Delete iPhone Voicemail
- 2.8 Delete iPhone Contacts
- 2.9 Delete iPhone Photos
- 2.10 Delete iMessages
- 2.11 Delete Music from iPhone
- 2.12 Delete iPhone Apps
- 2.13 Delete iPhone Bookmarks
- 2.14 Delete iPhone Other Data
- 2.15 Delete iPhone Documents & Data
- 2.16 Delete Movies from iPad
- 3. Erase iPhone
- 3.1 Erase All Content and Settings
- 3.2 Erase iPad Before Selling
- 3.3 Best iPhone Data Erase Software
- 4. Clear iPhone
- 4.1 Permanently Clear iPhone
- 4.2 Clear All Data on iPhone
- 4.3 Clear iPod touch
- 4.4 Clear Cookies on iPhone
- 4.5 Clear iPhone Cache
- 4.6 Top iPhone Cleaners
- 4.7 Free Up iPhone Storage
- 4.8 Delete Email Accounts on iPhone
- 4.9 Speed Up iPhone
- 4.10 Clear Space on iPhone
- 5. Clear/Wipe Android