An Ultimate Guide to Samsung Gear Manager
- 1.What is Samsung Gear Manager?
- 2.How to Install Samsung Gear Manager from Market
- 3.How to Download Samsung Gear Manager's .APK File
- 4.How to Use Samsung Gear Manager
- 5.How to Root Your Samsung Gear
- 6.How to Update Samsung Gear Using a Windows or Mac PC
Samsung Gear Manager is an Android app developed by Samsung. Samsung Gear Manager, when downloaded and installed on your phone allows you to connect (pair) your Samsung Gear smartwatch to the phone.
Once the two devices are paired with each other, you can manage your Samsung Gear right from your Samsung smartphone using the Samsung Gear Manager. This remarkably reduces your hassle of configuring your smartwatch from its small-sized screen, but at the same time allows you to receive various notifications on it, hence eliminating the need of taking the phone out from your pocket especially when you are driving.
Installing Samsung Gear Manager on your Samsung phone is pretty simple and straightforward. However you must ensure that the Samsung Gear smartwatch is compatible with your phone. At the time of this writing, the Samsung Gear smartwatch is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and is expected to be compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as well.
Once you are sure that the two devices are compatible to each other, you can follow the instructions given below to install Samsung Gear Manager on your Samsung smartphone:
1. Power on your Samsung smartphone.
2. Ensure that it has an active Internet connection.
3. Open the Apps drawer. 4. From the displayed icons, tap Galaxy Apps.
5. If you are using Galaxy Apps for the first time, on the displayed Terms and conditions window, read the terms and conditions for using the program carefully and tap AGREE from the bottom.
6. From the Galaxy Apps interface that comes up, tap Search from the top-right corner.
7. In the search field, type Samsung Gear Manager.
8. From the displayed suggestions, tap Samsung Gear Manager.
9. On the next interface, tap the Samsung Gear Manager app's icon.
10. From the Details window, tap INSTALL.
11. On the App permissions window, tap ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD from the bottom.
12. Wait until Samsung Gear Manager is downloaded and installed on your Samsung smartphone.
Since the app can be downloaded directly from the Market, generally you are not required to download the .APK file for Samsung Gear Manager unless you are planning to install it on any non-Samsung smartphone.
Also, in order to get the .APK file for the app, you are required to visit any unofficial site which may transmit any harmful script to your phone. You can even extract the .APK file from a rooted Samsung phone but you need to dig deep into the folder trees to locate it.
In addition to this, there is another workaround to extract any .APK file (including Samsung Gear.apk) from your Android smartphone as long as you have a second smartphone running the Android operating system.
To extract the .APK file for Samsung Gear Manager from your Samsung smartphone, you must follow the instructions given below:
1. Power on your Samsung smartphone and download and install Samsung Gear Manager on it using the instructions given above.
2. From your mobile itself, go to Google Play Store and download and install SHAREit.
3. Power on your second smartphone and download and install SHAREit on the phone as well.
4. Once installed, launch SHAREit on the phone and on the first interface, tap Receive put the phone to receiving mode.
5. Once done, back on your Samsung smartphone from where you want to pull the Samsung Gear.apk file, launch SHAREit as well.
6. From the first interface of SHAREit, tap the Send button.
7. On the Click to select window, go to the App category by swiping the screen to the left (or right).
8. From the displayed list of installed apps, tap Samsung Gear.apk.
9. From the bottom of the interface, tap Next.
10. On the Select receiver window, tap the icon of the second Android smartphone where you want to send the .APK file.
Note: On the Select receiver window, the icon of the sender device is present in the center and icons of all the receiving devices are placed present it.
Note: The User icon is the receiver phone in this example.
11. Wait until the Samsung Gear.apkfile is transferred to the target phone.
12. Tap Finish to exit SHAREit.
After you have installed Samsung Gear Manager on your Samsung smartphone, you can start pairing it by following the instructions given below:
1. Power on your Samsung smartphone.
2. On your smartphone, go to Settings.
3. From the Settings window, turn on both NFC and Bluetooth.
4. From the Apps drawer on your phone, tap Samsung Gear to launch the app.
5. From the opened interface, tap SCAN from the bottom and leave the phone in searching mode.
6. Next, power on your Samsung Gear smartwatch.
7. When the watch prompts for, search for the available compatible devices.
8. Once your Samsung phone is detected, tap to select the phone and confirm the connection (pairing) on the smartwatch and smartphone.
9. Once connected, start using the devices normally.
Rooting any Android device (a smartphone or smartwatch) gives you unrestricted privileges on that device using which you can make various alterations and can configure the hidden settings which are not possible otherwise.
Since Samsung Gear also uses Android, it can be rooted too. One of the biggest benefits of rooting Samsung Gear is that you can pair it with any Android device, i.e. its restriction to be used only with Samsung phones is removed.
However, rooting your device voids its warranty and if the steps are not performed correctly, you may even brick your device for good. The correct step-by-step instructions on rooting your Samsung Gear can be found in the link given below:
You can read more here: http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-root-galaxy-gear
Like all other smart devices, even Samsung Gear needs regular updates to perform flawlessly. Regardless of the platform of the computer you use (Windows or Mac), you can use Samsung Kies to update your Samsung Gear in a few simple steps. The instructions on how to get this done can be found in the link given below:
You can read more here:http://www.connectedly.com/how-update-galaxy-gear-kies
Samsung Gear is a smart way to get all your important notifications and keep track of your time from your wrist itself and the Samsung Gear Manager app plays a major role in this. Downloading and using Samsung Gear Manager efficiently is extremely important when using a smartwatch like Samsung Gear.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Samsung Manager
- Update Android 6.0 for Samsung
- Reset Samsung Password
- Samsung MP3 Player
- Samsung Music Player
- Flash Player for Samsung
- Samsung Auto Backup
- Alternatives for Samsung Links
- Samsung Gear Manager
- Samsung Reset Code
- Samsung Video Call
- Samsung Video Apps
- Samsung Task Manager
- Download Samsung Android Software
- Samsung Troubleshooting
- Samsung Won't Turn On
- Samsung Keeps Restarting
- Samsung Black Screen
- Samsung's Screen not Work
- Samsung Tablet won't Turn On
- Samsung Frozen
- Samsung Sudden Death
- Hard Resetting Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy Broken Screen
- Samsung Kies