10 Quick Tricks to Fix iPhone Charging Port Not Working
If you're having trouble getting your iPhone to charge, it has to do with a malfunctioning charging port. It's one of the most common issues that many iPhone users face and can be frustrating when you have yet to make any headway in fixing it.
But don't worry — we have some quick tips for diagnosing and repairing problems like this so your phone will run as smoothly as possible! In this blog post, we are going to share 10 tricks on how to fix an iPhone charging port not working issue quickly and easily. Keep reading if you want to learn them!
- Why is the iPhone Charging Port Not Working?
- 5 Easy Tips for iPhone Charging Port Not Working
- Is the Lightning Cable of quality?
- Is the Lightning Cable certified by Apple?
- Try a new charger
- Change the outlet power
- Try the wireless charger
- Useful Ways to Fix iPhone Charging Port Not Working
Why is the iPhone Charging Port Not Working?
Before discussing solutions to fix your iPhone charging port, we need to understand why it's malfunctioning. Some of the most common causes are:
1. System problems
One of the most common causes for an iPhone charging port not working is system problems. This can be due to a software issue, such as out-of-date firmware, or hardware issues, such as a loose connection between the charger and the port. In either case, the issue can cause your phone to fail to recognize the charger and prevent it from connecting.
A system problem can also be caused by a failing battery or motherboard, which can cause your device to display an error message when you try to charge your phone. This could be "Charging paused" or "This accessory may not be supported." Knowing what kind of error message you're getting will help you determine the root cause of the issue.
2. Charging port blocked by debris
Another common cause of an iPhone charging port not working is debris. This can occur if dirt and dust accumulate in the port, which prevents the charger from making a proper connection. Debris can also block important pins within the port, which are necessary for your device to recognize the charger and transfer power.
Another occasion that this issue can occur is if lint gets stuck inside the port. This can happen if you place your phone in a pocket with keys and other metal objects, as small pieces may become lodged within the port.
3. Physical or water damage in the charging port
Physical damage to your iPhone charging port can also be a common cause of the issue. This often occurs due to dropping or bumping into something, which may result in broken pins or other internal components.
In addition, water damage to the port can occur if you accidentally submerge your device in liquid. The liquid can seep into the port and corrode sensitive components, even if it's just small amounts of water. This can lead to a malfunctioning or completely dead charging port.
It's important to keep these possible causes in mind before attempting any repairs, as they can help you determine if it is safe and feasible. Otherwise, you may end up damaging your device further.
5 Easy Tips for iPhone Charging Port Not Working
By going through the above-given causes, you must be wondering about the solutions. But before discussing the ultimate solutions, it's better to try some easy tips to solve the issue in minutes. Here are some of them:
1. Is the Lightning Cable of quality?
First, you must ensure that the lightning cable is not damaged and is of good quality. If it's too old or frayed, you need to buy a new one for better performance.
2. Is the Lightning Cable certified by Apple?
Next, you need to check if the lightning cable is certified by Apple or not. It's important to use only genuine and certified accessories with your iPhone, as they are designed specifically for it.
3. Try a new charger
Sometimes, the charger itself might be the issue. Try using a different charger and see if it helps to fix your iPhone charging port not working problem.
4. Change the outlet power
If the above tips don't work, you should try changing the power source. If your charger was plugged into a USB port or wall outlet, try plugging it into another one and see if it works.
5. Try the wireless charger
If you still don't get any success, try using a wireless charger. This is an easy and convenient way to charge your device without worrying about cables or ports. If the wireless charging works on your iPhone, it means that there is a problem with your iPhone's charging port, and you can fix it with the help of the following solutions.
If wireless charging isn't working on your iPhone, it damages your device. However, you can still try fixing it with the help of the following solutions, if you don't mind.
Useful Ways to Fix iPhone Charging Port Not Working
Following are some of the advanced methods to fix the issue of the iPhone charging port not working:
1. Restart your iPhone
Restarting it is one of the first solutions to try when your iPhone 11 or other iPhone charging port is not working. This can help reset any minor issues that may have occurred in the device's software.
- To do this, press and quickly release the volume up and down buttons.
- After that, quickly press and hold down the Power button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- Then let go of the Power button and wait for your device to boot up.
- Once your iPhone is restarted, try plugging in the charger and see if it works normally.
- Take off the phone case
Sometimes, the problem may be with your phone case. If it's too thick, it can prevent the charger from connecting properly to your device.
Therefore, remove the phone case and try plugging in the cable again. This should solve the charging port issue on your iPhone 11 or another model.
2. Clean the charging port
Sometimes, dust and dirt can accumulate in the charging port of your iPhone device. This can make it difficult for the charger to connect properly to your device. To fix this issue, you must clean your device's charging port carefully.
First, turn off your phone and unplug any cables connected to it. Then take a soft brush or cotton swab and gently clean the inside of the charging port to remove dust or any other debris. Make sure you do this as carefully and gently as possible, as using too much force may further damage your iPhone's charging port.
Once you've finished cleaning the port, plug in your charger again and see if it works. If it does, then the dust was probably the main culprit for your iPhone charging port not working. If it still doesn't work, you can try the next solution.
3. Update iOS to the latest version
Sometimes an outdated version of iOS can cause issues with your iPhone's charging port. To fix this, you need to update your device to the latest version of iOS.
- To do this, go to Settings > General > Software Update and check if a new version is available.
- If an update is available, download and install it on your device.
- Once the update is installed, try plugging in your charger again and see if it works.
- If not, you may need to try one of the other solutions listed below.
If updating iOS doesn't help fix your iPhone charging port not working issue, then you should move on to the ultimate solution to fix this problem.
4. Dr.Fone-System Repair
If none of the above-given solutions works for you, the most effective way to fix your iPhone charging port not working issue is with the help of a third-party tool called Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). This professional iOS repair software can easily detect and fix all kinds of system issues, including the iPhone charging port not working problem or iPhone charging slow after update to the latest iOS version.
So, to use this tool, you need to follow the steps below.
Step #1: Download and Install Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair Tool
Step #2: Launch the tool on your computer and select System Repair > iOS >iOS Repair.
Step #3: Now choose the problem you are facing with your iPhone from the list you will find on your screen. After choosing the problem, you need to hit the Repair Now button.
Step #4: Now, you need to choose the Standard Repair Option, connect your iPhone to the computer using the original lightning cable, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Step #5: Once your iPhone is connected to the computer, you will be asked to download the right firmware for your iPhone. So, choose the firmware according to your iPhone model and hit the download button.
Step #6: Once the tool has finished downloading the firmware, you can press the Repair Now button, and Dr.Fone-System Repair will fix your iPhone in a few minutes.
So, this is how you can easily fix your iPhone 11 charging port not working issue with the help of Dr.Fone-System Repair (iOS). So, if nothing else works for you, try using this powerful software to eliminate your charging port problem.
In conclusion, charging port issues are a common problem for iPhone users. If you are facing this issue, you should try the solutions mentioned in this article to fix it. If none work, then Dr.Fone-System Repair is your best bet. This powerful software can easily detect and fix all system issues, including the iPhone charging port not working issue. So, if you're looking for a reliable way to fix your charging port problem, download and use Dr.Fone-System Repair today!
It has an easy-to-follow user interface and is incredibly simple to use - no technical skill is required!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- 1. iPhone Keyboard Problems
- 2. iPhone Flashing Not Working
- 3. iPhone Not Detecting Sim Card
- 4. iPhone Sim Not Supported
- 5. Touch ID Not Working
- 6. iPhone Unable to Activate Touch ID
- 7. Fix iPhone Flashlight Greyed Out
- 8. iPhone Ear Speaker Test
- 9. iPhone Ear Speaker Not Working
- 10. iPhone Backlight
- 11. iPhone Proximity Sensor by Yourself
- 12. Replace iPhone Digitizer
- 13. Accessory May Not Be Supported
- iPhone Battery Problems
- 1. iPhone Battery Percentage Not Show
- 2. Replace iPhone Battery
- 3. iPhone Battery Problems
- 4. iPhone's Battery Drains Fast
- 5. iPhone Shuts Off with Battery Left
- 6. iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Button Problems
- 1. iPhone Home Button Not Working
- 2. iPhone Volume Buttons Not Working
- 3. iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- 4. iPhone Power Button Stuck
- 5. iPhone Volume Button Stuck
- 6. iPhone Back Tap Not Working
- iPhone Charging Problems
- 1. iPhone Charging Port Not Working
- 2. iPhone Charging Slowly
- 3. iPhone Stops Charging
- 4. Wireless Charging Not Working
- 5. iPhone Not Charging
- 6. iPhone Stuck on Charging Screen
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- Apple Pencil and Watch Issues
- 1. Apple Pencil Double Tap Not Working
- 2. Apple Pencil Keeps Disconnecting
- 3. Apple Pencil Not Charging
- 4. Apple Pencil Not Connecting/Pairing
- 5. Apple Pencil Not Working
- 6. Apple Watch Not Pairing with iPhone
- 7. Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo
- Other iPhone Problems