iPhone Charging Slowly? 10 Easy Fixes are Here！
Slow phone charging is probably the worst and most frustrating thing. Fast charging mobiles are expected with advancing tech, so composing for iPhone charging slowly is a big no! Unfortunately, if you're facing slow charging on your iPhone, but you're not alone, it's a common situation.
Luckily, there are some effective fixes to resolve this situation. It can be due to minor hardware and software problems. Sometimes minor glitches mess up with charging capabilities. So, abandon all your worries and keep reading to try all the easy fixes for iPhone charging very slowly.
Part 1: Why is Your iPhone Charging Slowly?
The slow charging in the iPhone can be due to some general and unnoticed factors. Let's narrow them down so that you can check each of them specifically. Some obvious reasons can be:
1.1 Defective Charger
One of the most potential issues can be a defective or wrong charger. Check your charges for any bent or damaged; if you notice it change it immediately. In addition, your charger can have low ampere charging, leading to slow charging.
Also, there are different chargers for various iPhone models. For example, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and the latest iPhone 11, 12, and iPhone 13 series have fast-charges. It uses USB PD for fast charging. Check if your phone displays fast charging on the above models while charging.
Also, never use third-party chargers; go for an originally designated charger for your phone. This will surely fix iPhone charging very slowly issue.
1.2 Charging Port
With constant use, dust accumulates in the charging or lightning port of the iPhone. It generally has eight pins. If you notice dust debris on any of them, give it an excellent cleaning. It will surely fix the slow charging in the iPhone.
1.3 Charging Cable
A damaged or bent charging cable can significantly slow down charging in the iPhone or cause iPhone to stop charging. Check for any significant twists and damage. Try changing the cable. Also, all iPhone models above eight that support fast charging require lighting USB type C cable.
The earlier models work fine with standard USB A cables. However, a non-compatible cable can cause slow charging in your iPhone. So, check the details now.
But, don't fret if you don't find solutions to the possibilities mentioned above. You can still fix the slow charging with some awesome hacks which are tested and proven. So, continue reading to try them all.
Part 2: 10 Easy Fixes for iPhone Charging Slowly
As mentioned above, iPhone slow charging can be due to minor glitches in settings. So, let's have a look at all the significant fixes!
2.1 Force Restart iPhone
You can try this fix, as it resolves some minor software glitches.
To force restart iPhone 8 or SE, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13, do the following:
- Press and immediately release the volume up button.
- Now, press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Now, hold the side button.
- As soon as the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Force restart iPhone 7, follow:
- Press the volume down and the sleep/wake button simultaneously.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both the buttons.
Force restart iPhone 6s or iPhone SE (1st generation) by the following method:
- You will need to press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button simultaneously.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
2.2 Force Restart While Charging
This is a very effective method that should be performed while charging your iPhone. Plugin your iPhone for charging, then give it sufficient time to charge. Now, complete all the above-mentioned "force restart" methods for various iPhone models.
2.3 Switch to Airplane Mode
Turning on airplane mode can deal with minor bugs and boost charging on the iPhone. To do so:
- Go to Settings
- And turn the slider on for Airplane mode.
- Turn it off after a few seconds
- Also, You can turn on airplane mode by tapping on the Airplane icon from the control action bar.
2.4 Change Optimized Battery Settings
For the longevity of the iPhone battery, Apple stops charging beyond 80% if the charger is plugged in for a long time. This may mess up the battery and result in a slow charging issue in the iPhone. To turn it off:
- Go to Settings
- Select Battery and then again go to the Battery option.
- Tap on Battery Health
- Now, turn off the Optimized Battery Charging Option.
After doing this, it will go straight away to 100% and solve the slow charging issue.
2.5 Update all Your Apps
This is a severe glitch that makes charging the iPhone slow. To update all Apps:
- On the Home screen, tap the App Store.
- Scroll down and select Today.
- Tap on the User Profile icon, located at the upper right hand.
- Scroll down and find Available Updates
- Tap on Update All.
Now, reboot the device and check if your slow charging problem is solved.
2.6 Update Your Phone
Not Updating your iPhone is one of the most common reasons for slow charging. So first, check if your iPhone software is updated. To do so:
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Check for available software updates.
- If there's any, tap on Install. Do it over a good internet connection.
- It will download, install and reboot the iPhone automatically.
2.7 Remove Your iPhone Case to Prevent Overheating
Apple recommends iPhone case removal in case of slow charging. iPhone charging slows down considerably if there's any overheating. So, remove your case and notice if the speed is increasing.
2.8 Reset all Settings
Sometimes, the iPhone settings which are not correctly configured mess up with the phone. To factory reset the settings like wifi password, location preferences, etc., you can reset all settings. To do so:
- On the home screen, tap on Settings.
- Go to General
- Scroll down and tap on the Reset option.
- Now, select Reset all Settings
- If asked, enter your passcode.
- Then select Reset all Settings.
Your iPhone will reboot automatically. Now, check if the slow charging issue on the iPhone is resolved.
2.9 Factory Reset Your Phone
Sometimes, the issue is complex, and the fixes mentioned above fail. To fix these advanced problems, you can factory reset your phone. It solves the slow charging in the iPhone effectively.
First of all, you have to create a backup of your iPhone. You can do it by:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer. Tap Trust on your iPhone.
- Hit the iPhone icon on the top left corner.
- Go to the Summary tab. Select This Computer and select Back Up Now to backup iOS devices using iTunes.
Steps to factory reset your phone:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings. Select General.
- Scroll down to and then tap Reset.
- Tap the option to Erase all content and settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode to proceed.
- Then tap on Confirm that you want to erase and restore factory default settings.
Note: If your iPhone is frozen or not responding, you can use iTunes or Finder App on PC for factory reset and storing and restoring data.
2.10 Fix iOS System Errors With Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS)
Repair iOS System Errors With One Click!
One of the most straightforward ways to solve all minor and complex issues on your iPhone is Dr.fone - System Repair (iOS). You can use it to fix most problems like a pro, and it will deal with all software issues leading to slow charging in your iPhone.
Steps to Launch Dr.Fone:
- Download Dr.Fone on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer with the help of a compatible USB Cable.
- Now, on the home screen of Dr.Fone, select System Repair.
There are two modes of repair Standard and Advanced. First, run the Standard, which usually solves all the errors.
Note: Standard mode repair doesn't lead to the loss of any data on the phone. For AdvanceD mode, you have to create a backup of your phone.
To repair in standard mode:
- Select Standard mode on the screen of Dr. Fone.
- Choose the iPhone version as Dr. Fone will identify it automatically.
- Click on Start
- This command will download the iOS firmware
- Now click on Fix now
To repair in advanced mode, create a backup of the iPhone through iTunes, Finder, or Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS). Then:
- Tap on Advanced mode on the System repair screen of Dr. Fone
- Click on Start
- This command will download the iOS firmware
- Now click on Fix now
iPhone charging slowly is the worst thing after a phone dies due to low battery. In an era where everyone loves quick tech, this can be frustrating. The minor glitches, settings, software, and hardware issues can lead to this problem. So, try all the proven hacks mentioned above. It will resolve the slow charging in your iPhone.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems