iPhone Not Charging? Here Is The Real Fix!
An iPhone that won't charge is among the most dreaded things for Apple users. Understandably, it can be really inconvenient when your trusted iPhone won't charge. Smartphones are integral to our lives, serving as communication tools and entertainment devices. Your iPhone is your essential companion; if it doesn't charge, it will interrupt many of your tasks.
This article will provide a complete guide to fix the iPhone charging port not working problem. We've got you covered, from checking the charging cable to exploring software-related issues.
Part 1: What Are the Reasons Behind iPhone Not Charging
Understanding why my iPhone won’t charge is important if we want to resolve this issue. The causes for iPhone not charging are many and can relate to both software and hardware. Below we have listed some of the most common causes of iOS devices not charging:
If the charging cable is not working properly, it can cause your iPhone won't charge issue. A faulty cable might have damaged wires inside or a loose connection. It's essential to check the cable for any visible damage, such as frayed or bent wires.
Dirty Charging Port
The charging port on your iPhone can get dirty over time, especially if it's exposed to dust or lint. When the charging port becomes clogged, it causes issues with the charging cable. Cleaning the charging port using a soft brush or a clean toothbrush can help remove any dirt or lint.
Sometimes, bugs and glitches in iOS can affect the charging process. These issues can cause your iPhone to charge slowly or not at all. It usually happens when you haven't updated the iOS in a while.
In case your iPhone's battery is old or damaged, it may not be able to hold a charge effectively. Over time, iPhone batteries lose their ability to hold a charge. It can result in charging difficulties, such as iPhone won't charge issue.
Your iPhone has built-in mechanisms to protect itself from overheating. If the device becomes too hot while charging, it may stop charging temporarily. It does that to prevent any potential damage. Overheating can occur if you use your iPhone while it's charging. It can also happen if the device is exposed to high temperatures.
Physical problems with your iPhone's hardware can also prevent it from charging. These defects can be related to components inside the device or the charging port itself. If the issue is too severe, you may need professional help.
Part 2: 100% Working Fixes To Fix iPhone Not Charging
Fixing the issue of your iPhone not charging is not difficult. There are multiple fixes available to resolve this charging issue. In this article, we have chosen the 7 best and easiest fixes. Given below are the top fixes, along with step-by-step instructions:
Fix 1: Check and Clean iPhone Charging Port
The charging port is the small opening at the bottom of your iPhone where you connect the charging cable. Sometimes, dust, dirt, or debris can get stuck in the charging port. It prevents the charging cable from working leading to the iPhone won't charge issue. To fix this, you can clean the charging port using a soft, dry toothbrush or a small brush. Moreover, be careful not to damage the charging port.
Fix 2: Use an Authentic Apple Charging Cable and Adapter
Using a genuine Apple charging cable and adapter is important for proper charging. Sometimes, using third-party or counterfeit cables and adapters can cause charging issues. It is one of the leading causes behind the iPhone charging port not working issue. That's why it is always recommended you use an MFi Certified charger. Using genuine Apple accessories reduces the chances of compatibility problems.
Fix 3: Force Restart Your iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone is the best solution if the reason behind my iPhone won’t charge issue is system bugs and glitches. In such scenarios, the force rebooting of your iPhone expels all the temporary system bugs from your device. Following are the guides to force restart the different models of iPhone:
iPhone 8 Series and Later
To begin, you first need to quickly press and release the “Volume Up” button. Next, perform the exact same thing with the “Volume Down” button. Now, long-press the “Side” button until the Apple logo is visible to force restart your iPhone.
iPhone 7 Series
For these iPhone models, press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and the “Volume Down” buttons at the same time. Keep pressing them until the Apple logo appears on the device screen.
iPhone 6 Series and Earlier
To force restart your iPhone, you need to press and hold the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons until you see the Apple logo.
Fix 4: Check the Software Update
Outdated iOS on your iPhone is one of the key reasons behind the iPhone not charging. If you do not regularly update your iPhone’s iOS, the device will have many system issues. These issues can relate to a wide range of things, including the device’s charging capability. That’s why it is important to keep your device up-to-date. Use the following steps to check the software update:
- Step 1: On your iPhone, launch Settings and tap “General” from the main screen. In “General” settings, find and select “Software Update.”
- Step 2: If an update is available, it will be listed here. In case there is one, tap “Download and Install” to update your iPhone.
Fix 5: Reset the iPhone Settings
Conflict in settings between system processes and different apps is also a major contributor to iPhone won’t charge issue. It is also one of the scenarios where finding the root cause is nearly impossible. Thus, the best way is to reset all settings on your iPhone to their default. Resetting your iPhone settings has no impact on your iPhone data. Given below are the steps to reset the iPhone settings:
- Step 1: To reset your iPhone settings to their default, you first need to access the "General" tab within your device’s Settings. Here, scroll down and tap "Transfer or Reset iPhone.”
- Step 2: On the next screen, press “Reset” and select “Reset All Settings.” Confirm your action by tapping "Reset All Settings" and providing the device passcode if asked.
Fix 6: Use System Repair to Fix All Charging Issues – Wondershare Dr.Fone
Want to find out the best and easiest solution to fix all charging issues of your iPhone? The best tool that can repair all your system issues, including charging problems, is Wondershare Dr.Fone. As soon as you connect your iPhone to the computer, Wondershare Dr.Fone provides you with a complete report of your device, including battery score and details.
You can get further details by using the "Verification Report" feature, which includes different tests and their results to assess your device. It will let you know what is wrong with your device and what needs to be changed.
Some of the Prominent Features of Wondershare Dr.Fone
- Wondershare Dr.Fone has the capability to resolve over 150 iOS system issues without data loss.
- Using this tool, you can create and restore backups of your iPhone on your computer.
- It also lets you convert your HEIC photos to a more widely used image format JPG.
Steps To Use System Repair to Fix All Charging Issues – Wondershare Dr.Fone
Using Wondershare Dr.Fone to fix all charging issues, like iPhone won’t charge, make the process simple and fast. You can use the following steps to repair your iPhone and resolve all of its issues:
- Step 1: Access Your Device Using Dr.Fone
After installing Wondershare Dr.Fone on your system, launch it and select “Toolbox.” Now connect your iPhone to the system and click “System Repair.”
- Step 2: Choose Repair Mode and Enable Recovery Mode
On the next screen, choose “iPhone” and follow it by tapping “iOS Repair." Now, choose a repair mode to repair your device. Try "Standard Repair" first, as it won't cause data loss. Afterward, put your iPhone into Recovery Mode using on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: Repair All Charging Issues on Your Device
With your device in Recovery Mode, Dr.Fone will automatically detect the model and provide relative firmware. Choose and download the desired firmware by clicking "Download." After the firmware is downloaded and installed, hit “Repair Now” to start the repair process.
Fix 7: Contact the Apple Support
Lastly, if the above fixes don't resolve the charging issue, it's a good idea to seek help from Apple Support. They have experts who can provide further help and guidance. Using their guidance, you may be able to resolve the issue. They may offer more troubleshooting steps or suggest a repair service. Furthermore, they should be able to advise you on the best course of action to resolve the problem.
FAQs About iPhone Battery
FAQs about WhatsApp transferring to new phone
In conclusion, resolving the frustrating iPhone not charging problem is essential. This guide has explored various fixes to help you solve this issue. However, one tool stands out as the best choice for resolving this issue: Wondershare Dr.Fone. Due to its clean interface and powerful features, Wondershare Dr.Fone is a comprehensive solution. It is best for diagnosing and fixing charging problems on iPhones.
By using this tool, you can restore your iPhone's charging functionality in no time. Furthermore, it provides you with a complete report of your iPhone, including battery statistics.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- 1. iPhone Keyboard Problems
- 2. iPhone Flashing Not Working
- 3. iPhone Not Detecting Sim Card
- 4. iPhone Sim Not Supported
- 5. Touch ID Not Working
- 6. iPhone Unable to Activate Touch ID
- 7. Fix iPhone Flashlight Greyed Out
- 8. iPhone Ear Speaker Test
- 9. iPhone Ear Speaker Not Working
- 10. iPhone Backlight
- 11. iPhone Proximity Sensor by Yourself
- 12. Replace iPhone Digitizer
- 13. Accessory May Not Be Supported
- iPhone Battery Problems
- 1. iPhone Battery Percentage Not Show
- 2. Replace iPhone Battery
- 3. iPhone Battery Problems
- 4. iPhone's Battery Drains Fast
- 5. iPhone Shuts Off with Battery Left
- 6. iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Button Problems
- 1. iPhone Home Button Not Working
- 2. iPhone Volume Buttons Not Working
- 3. iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- 4. iPhone Power Button Stuck
- 5. iPhone Volume Button Stuck
- 6. iPhone Back Tap Not Working
- iPhone Charging Problems
- 1. iPhone Charging Port Not Working
- 2. iPhone Charging Slowly
- 3. iPhone Stops Charging
- 4. Wireless Charging Not Working
- 5. iPhone Not Charging
- 6. iPhone Stuck on Charging Screen
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- Apple Pencil and Watch Issues
- 1. Apple Pencil Double Tap Not Working
- 2. Apple Pencil Keeps Disconnecting
- 3. Apple Pencil Not Charging
- 4. Apple Pencil Not Connecting/Pairing
- 5. Apple Pencil Not Working
- 6. Apple Watch Not Pairing with iPhone
- 7. Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo
- Other iPhone Problems