iPhone Not Charging? Here Is The Real Fix!
Apple has made remarkable progress in the last few years with its iPhone series. With some of the most high-end phones in the market, the brand has certainly won over millions of users the world over. Nevertheless, there are times when iPhone users face a few setbacks while using their favorite devices. For instance, the iPhone 13 not charging is a commonly faced issue. If your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max are not charging, then you have come to the right place. This guide will make you familiar with various quick and easy solutions for the iPhone 13 not charging issue.
Part 1: Why is the iPhone 13/11 Pro not charging?
Before we provide various solutions to the iPhone 13 not charging issue, it is important to diagnose this problem. There could be plenty of reasons for this to occur. One of the most common reasons is having faulty hardware or accessories. If you are using an old cable that is not working properly, it might stop your phone from charging.
Furthermore, a non-functioning socket or pin can also be a reason for iPhone 13 Pro not charging. The chances are that your phone battery could have drained out completely and needs to be replaced. Most of the time, it has been observed that the iPhone 13 Pro does not charge problem occurs due to a hardware issue. A damaged charging port or cable pin could be another reason for it.
Though, if your phone battery is draining at high speed, then there can also be a software-related issue behind it. Mostly, it happens after an unstable update. One of the most feasible solutions to fix this problem is updating your phone to a stable version of iOS. Now, when you know why the iPhone 13 is not charging, let’s discuss various solutions to fix it.
Part 2: Check the lightning cable
One of the most common reasons for the iPhone 13 Pro not charging is a faulty lightning cable. First, make sure that you are using only an authentic and genuine lightning cable to charge your phone. Also, the charging clip should be in working condition and compatible with your device. If your lightning cable has suffered from wear and tear, it is better to get a new one. You can visit a nearby Apple Store or buy a new working lightning cable online as well.
Part 3: Use a different iPhone charger
This is one of those rookie mistakes that most iPhone users make. After simply checking the lightning cable, users assume that there isn’t any hardware-related issue. The chances are that your iPhone charger could not be working. Therefore, it is recommended to use a different iPhone charger to fix the iPhone 13 Pro not charging issue.
Not just that, you can also check if your phone's battery is functioning properly or not. If it is old, then you can always replace your battery with a new one. Try a different socket as well to charge your device. There could be plenty of reasons for the iPhone 13 Pro Max not charging, from lightning cable to a faulty pin. You can always borrow an iPhone charger from a friend and use it with your device to check its functionality.
Part 4: Clean iPhone charging port
This is another common hardware issue that causes the iPhone 13 not charging problem. If your phone is old, then the chances are that its charging port could have been damaged due to wear and tear. Additionally, if you work outdoors, then it might add unwanted dirt to your phone. After being exposed to dirt for a long time, the iPhone charging port might stop functioning in an ideal way.
Therefore, we recommend gently cleaning your device’s port. You can always take the assistance of tissue papers or linen cloth to clean the charging port of your device. Try not to use water to clean it. Do this gently and make sure that the port won’t get damaged while cleaning it.
Part 5: Restore iPhone into DFU mode
DFU, also known as Device Firmware Update Mode, can help you resolve the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro not charging problem. It is used by devices to update to a new firmware version. If there is a software-related problem with your device, it can be fixed by putting your iPhone into DFU Mode. Follow these steps to resolve the iPhone 13 Pro Max not charging by putting it into DFU Mode.
1. Start by launching an updated version of iTunes on your system. Now, connect your iPhone to your system with an authentic cable.
2. Turn off your phone by pressing the Power button and swiping the slider.
3. Once the phone is turned off, press the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds.
4. If the Apple logo appears, it implies you have held the buttons for too long, and you have to start again.
5. Now, let go of the Power button while still holding the Home button. Make sure that you have held the Home button for another 5 seconds.
6. If the plug-into-iTunes logo would appear, then it means you have held the Home button for too long. If your device's screen would stay black, then it implies that your phone is now in the DFU Mode.
7. If everything goes well, iTunes will recognize your phone and display the following prompt. You can choose to restore it or update it to fix the charging issue.
Once it is done, your phone would be restarted on its own. If not, then press the Power and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo would appear on the screen. This will exit the DFU mode.
Part 6: Visit an Apple Store for further helpIf none of the above-mentioned solutions would work, then you should visit a nearby Apple store or an authorized iPhone repairing center. There could be a serious issue with your device, and we recommend that you not take any risks. To locate a nearby Apple Store, go to its retail page right here and visit it to resolve the charging issue on your device.
After going through this informative guide, we hope that you would be able to resolve the iPhone 13 not charging problem. Follow these preferred solutions and fix the charging issue on your phone without much trouble. Feel free to contact us if you have feedback regarding the iPhone battery or charging issue.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems