[Proved] 3 Methods to Mirror Android to Roku
Back from vacation and want your family members or friends to see your pictures and videos? Instead of showing these pics on a small android screen, it would be more mesmerizing if you showed them on a big Roku screen. But the question arises, is it possible to mirror android to Roku? Yes, you can! With technology evolving, there are now many ways that allow individuals to effortlessly mirror android to Roku and share whatever is going on a small android screen on a big Roku screen. Just imagine playing counter-strike on a big TV screen.
3 Methods to Mirror Android to Roku
Method 1 Use Android Mirroring Feature to Mirror:
The most genuine and reliable way is to use the Android Mirroring Feature of the device itself. It involves no third-party app. By following a few simple steps, you can easily stream all your Android Device movies and videos to Roku.
Step 1: Enable the "Screen Mirroring" Feature on Roku
- Enter the settings menu of the Roku device and tap on the option of "System."
- After that, tap on the option of "Screen Mirroring."
- Now from here, enable the option of Screen Mirroring.
Step 2: Cast Android to Roku:
- On your Android device, enter the "Settings" menu, and tap on the option of "Display".
- Here you will find an option of "Cast Screen". Tap on it.
- Now select the option of the menu followed by the selection of "Enable Wireless Display."
- Doing so will show your Roku on the section of Cast Screen.
An alternative way for Samsung Users:
- Swipe down the notification panel; here, you will find an option of "Smart View" or "Screen Mirroring". Tap on it.
- Doing so will take you to a page where the device will start searching for devices nearby.
- Tap on your Roku device to start sharing your Android screen with the Roku device.
- You must ensure that your Android device is functioning on version 4.4.2 or above before following this method. Also, you need to make sure that your Roku and your Android device is connected to the same network.
Method 2: Use Screen Mirroring App to Mirror Android to Roku
Screen Mirroring App for Roku is an easy to use application that allows sharing pictures, videos, and documents from your Android device to Roku TV. You are not required to amend any phone or wifi setting on your device. All you need to make sure is that both the Roku and your Android device is connected to the same wifi network. The data is solely captured by the application for mirroring purposes only; no information is stored.
The only drawback of this app is that it still does not support sound; hence to share sound, you need to use Bluetooth speakers.
Step 1: Download the Screen Mirroring Application:
- Unlock your Android device and enter the Google Play Store.
- Download the "Screen Mirroring Application" using this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.twokit.screen.mirroring.app.roku
Step 2: Mirror Android Device to Roku:
- Launch the application. The app will start to show all the devices nearby to which you can share your screen.
- Select your Roku device.
Step 3: Add Channel to your Roku:
- On your Roku, tap on "Add Channel" to add a screen mirroring channel.
- The device will take time to process.
- Confirm your action by tapping on "OK" on the app or the Roku remote.
Step 4: Share your Android screen to Roku:
- From the application launched on your Android device, tap on the option of "Start Mirroring"
- After that, tap on "Start Now" from the pop-up screen to permit the app to start capturing your Android device screen.
- And you are done!
Method 3: Use Google Home to mirror Android to Roku TV
Google Home is an excellent alternative to cast your Android to Roku; however, it only supports a handful of apps.
Step 1: Download Google Home:
- First, you need to download the Google Home application on your Android device.
Step 2: Connect Android Device to Roku
- Launch the application and tap on the "+" icon from the top left corner to reveal a menu.
- From there, select the option of "Set up Device". From there, tap on "have something already set up".
- Now select your Roku device from the devices shown on your Android screen.
- After that, you will be asked to enter the login credentials of your Roku account.
- Your device will then show you on-screen instructions; follow them to connect your Android device to Roku TV successfully.
Step 3: Mirror your Android Screen to Roku
- Lastly, to mirror any video to Roku TV, tap on the "cast" icon from your screen.
Bonus Point: Mirror and Control your Android Device to PC.
- Did you know that you could mirror your android screen to a PC and then control the Android activities via Windows? MirrorGo, an amazing software by Wondershare, has made it all possible! It is an exceptional application that comes with numerous fascinating features. The app is compatible with iOS as well as Android Devices. Here is how you can use them:
Step 1: Download MirrorGo on your Android Device:
- Use this link to install the MirrorGo application to your Android device: MirrorGo.wondershare.
- After installation, launch the application.
Step 2: Connect the Android Device to PC:
- Use an authentic USB cable to connect your Android device to your PC.
- From your Android Device, select the option of "Transfer Files" to continue.
Step 3: Enable the Feature of USB debugging:
- Enter the settings menu on your android device and scroll down and tap on the option of "About".
- To gain access to the "Developers Option", tap on the option of " Build Number" seven times.
- Now enter the Develops option and from here enable the feature of "USB Debugging."
- A pop-up window will appear asking for permission to allow USB Debugging. Check the box of "Always allow from this computer" and tap on "OK" to continue.
Step 4: Mirror your Android Screen to PC:
- By following the step above correctly, your device will share the screen successfully on your laptop.
Step 5: Control your Android Device through PC:
- Once you cast your device screen to the PC, now you can control it too. For example, if you type in "best screen mirroring app for android" using the keyboard, it would also be shown on the Android screen.
The methods explained above will help you to mirror the android screen to Roku effortlessly. Each method has its cons and pros; however, if you do not own a tv and want to share your android screen on a larger screen with your friends. For this purpose, MirrorGo is the finest option as it permits users to cast an android screen to the laptop and allows users to control their android device through a keyboard and mouse attached to the computer.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
Screen Mirror Tips & Tricks
- iPhone Mirror Tips
- Mirror iPhone to iPhone
- iPhone XR Screen Mirroring
- iPhone X Screen Mirroring
- Screen Mirror on iPhone 8
- Screen Mirror on iPhone 7
- Screen Mirror on iPhone 6
- Cast iPhone to Chromecast
- Mirror iPhone to iPad
- Screen Mirror on iPhone 6
- Apowermirror Alternative
- Android Mirror Tips
- Screen Mirroring Huawei
- Screen Mirroring Xiaomi Redmi
- Screen Mirroring App for Android
- Mirror Android to Roku
- PC/Mac Mirror Tips