How to use Snapchat Location Spoofer to Protect Your Privacy
People are very happy about Snapchat’s new Snap map feature. It lets you update your location on a map, so that you can know who else (in your friends circle) is in the same concert or attending the same seminar. Whenever you add a post to your stories, your bitmoji appears on the geo-tagged location on the map.
This feature was good news for people who were wondering how to share location on snapchat with their friends. But there is more to this than your eyes are seeing. Even when you don’t upload any posts to the stories, snapchat is still revealing your location to all your friends, whether you want it or not. Everytime you open the app, your location is being compromised. You just need to agree to share your location once, and Snapchat takes it as an invite to share your location every single time you send a snap or simply open the app to look at others’ snaps.
This is very dangerous when you have unknown people on your snap friends list. You must have accidentally accepted requests from people who have similar names to your friends? You don’t really know the identity of the person unless they snap their faces to you. In the worst case scenario, you can also have an obsessed stalker who was just waiting for this chance to track you down. The possibilities are endless. So, how to hide your snapchat location from the others on the internet? Our guide will teach you exactly that!
- Part 1: Can we Hide Location on Snapchat?
- Part 2: How to Spoof Location on Snapchat
- Part 3: Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 4: Conclusion
The first thing that comes to our mind whenever we think about fake gps location snapchat is a VPN. But keeping these virtual network apps and spoofing apps aside, is it possible to hide our location by taking advantage of the existing settings on the app?
There are a few tricks that you can use to hide your location from your friends or anyone who you have on your Snap List.
Ghost Mode: The word ‘Ghost’ was never this sweet. The snapchat fake location saves a lot of trouble. However, if there is no location at all, that is a huge advantage too! You can literally disappear off of the map when you activate the Ghost mode on Snapchat. Instead of a snapchat spoof, you are completely removing your traces from the Snapmap. This is how you enable this very useful setting -
Step 1: If you are someone who maintains the snap streak regularly, then it is no problem for you to track down the camera screen. Open the camera screen on your phone.
Step 2: On the top-left corner, you will find your bitmoji that will lead you to your Snap profile. Click on your bitmoji.
Step 3: The profile page will appear. Scroll to the bottom and you will find the Snapmap option there. Right below it will be a small arrow pointing to the right. Instead of clicking on the map, tap on thi arrow.
Step 4: The Map and ‘My Location’ settings will open. There you will find the Ghost Mode. Enable the setting and you will see a dialogue box asking you to choose the duration of the Ghost Mode. Depending on what you want, choose your location.
If you still don’t trust this Ghost mode, the next trick will be very useful for you. Not just Snapchat, any app won’t be able to track down your exact location when you follow it.
Turn Off GPS Permissions on your phone
If you completely turn off the GPS Permissions on your phone, then no app can access your location even if you are connected to the internet. This might hinder the performance of a few apps but that is the risk that you must take to safeguard your privacy. The procedure to Turn off the GPS will differ from Android to iPhone. We have listed the most easy ways to turn off the location services on your phones.
The easiest method is to go with the Notification tray that is present on top of the Android device. That is, when you look at your Android screen, you will see the notification tray on the top.
Step 1: Swipe down the notification tray and you will find several options. One of them is the ‘Location’ icon.
Step 2: The ‘Location’ icon is shaped like a geo-coordinate pin and remains in grey color when switched off and Blue color when turned on. Tap on the icon to on/off.
To turn off the Location on your iPhone device,
Step 1: Go to the ‘Settings’ option from your iPhone device’s Menu.
Step 2: Search for the ‘Privacy’ option and tap on it.
Step 3: In the next page that appears, you will find the ‘Location Services’. If we are not wrong, it is usually the first option on the page that opens up.
Step 4: Shift the toggle and turn off the Location Services. If you want, you can also disable location services individually for Snapchat only.
These are the simple ways in which you can prevent snapchat from spying on your location. You must be knowing how to send location on snapchat through chats - even this won’t be possible once you completely turn off the GPS of your devices.
If you are wondering how to fake location on snapchat, then the Snapchat location spoofer is one of the best options. You won’t find a specific software designed exclusively for Snapchat but Wondershare’s Dr. Fone Virtual Location spoofer will help you hide your real location on social media apps. This is how you use the application.
Step 1: Download the Dr.Fone Virtual Location Spoofer on your PC and launch it. You will find several options on the page. Go for ‘Virtual Location’.
Step 2: Now connect your mobile phone to your PC and go with the ‘Get Started’ option.
Step 3: The world map with your current location will show up on the page. The ‘Teleport mode’ is the third icon on the top-right corner of the page. Click on it and enter your new location in the search box.
Step 4: Once you’ve decided with your final virtual location to fake gps for snapchat, then click on ‘Move Here’. New location will update in your phone and Snapchat will detect it too.
One of the advantages of using a location spoofer is that - your new location will reflect in all social media applications. Even your regular apps will detect the change and note it. So, it becomes hard to know if the change is fake or real.
VPN Service - NordVPN
The Virtual private Network services hide your IP, mask your identity and since you will be changing your server, they spoof location on snapchat too. NordVPN is one of the most hailed VPNs and this is how you use it -
Step 1: Download NordVPN either from Google or App store.
Step 2: You need to sign up and the app quickly connects you to a nearby server. This is the Quick connect option.
Step 3: However, you can change your location too. Go to the ‘More options’ and then choose Servers. Under this, go for All Countries to view the choices you have. Choose one and that server will be activated.
So, the location of this new server will reflect on your snapchat snapmap too.
Q1. Can you get someone’s Location from Snapchat?
A - Yes, people can easily know your location through Snapchat. The new Snapmap feature makes it all the more easy. The snapmap shows your bitmoji’s location anywhere in the world, as long as your phone’s GPS is ON and you have the snapchat app open. So, people can zoom in and know your exact coordinates and even your house-no and residential details.
Q2. Is Snapchat Location ever wrong?
A - Snapchat tries to provide the accurate location most of the time. It uses your geo-coordinates that it detects when you Switch ON the GPS on your phone. It tracks the location in which your snap is taken and if you are on snapmap and sharing your location, it can provide the exact details of the place you are in. However, there is no authentic report that says that Snapchat shows 100% accurate location or if it can go wrong sometimes.
Q3. How do you tell if someone is hiding their location from you on snapchat?
A - They will disappear off of the world map. Literally! So, whenever someone is hiding their location from you, it means they’ve either activated the Ghost Mode or they turned off the Location services of their phone. As a result, you will not find their bitmoji on the snapmap even if they are actively using the app. But if they’ve employed a Location spoofer, it is hard to say if the location is real or not.
Now that you have learnt how to fake location on snapchat map, understand that these methods have their own hierarchy of success. While the location spoofer stands at the top-spot, using a VPN is the next best thing. If you want to rely on in-built features, know that they aren’t always successful. Make the right choice and keep your location a secret for your own privacy.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking