iMessage Not Syncing Between Mac and iPhone 13? Fix Now!
Isn't it so frustrating when your iMessage on Mac does not sync with iPhone 13? Apple has an efficient instant messaging service as iMessage, but various reasons can cause synchronization errors for the same. Things become more difficult when there is an urgent need and you face such issues.
The reason behind such problems could be something as basic as connectivity issues or relatively technical, like settings configuration. Fortunately, there are ways to fix it! So, if you have been dealing with iMessage synchronization error messages lately, read ahead:
(Note: The troubleshooting list mentioned below covers every method from basic to advanced. If the primary methods do not work for you, try the next one.)
Part 1: 9 Methods to Fix "iMessage on Mac Not Syncing with iPhone 13"
It's common to face errors where your iMessage is not syncing between mac and iPhone 13. Make sure to start from scratch when dealing with problems. You can try the following sequence or try any of the below-mentioned troubleshooting techniques:
Turn Your iPhone 13 Off and On
A quick iPhone 13 turn-off and on can solve the iMessage issue for you. Mainly, these errors occur due to technical glitches or bugs. For such scenarios, this step can work like a charm and restore normal functioning.
Turn Off/On iPhone 13
- Press and release the Volume Up button first and then switch to the down button.
- Following that, press and hold the side button. In doing so, you will get the option to turn off your iPhone. Make sure to slide the Prompt.
- To turn the device on again, press and hold the side button.
Turn Off Your iPhone through Settings Menu
You can also shut down your iPhone through the Settings Menu. For that, try these steps:
- Go to Settings and then General.
- From there, select the Shut Down option.
- Once your device turns off, wait for some time.
- Then turn on the device by following the same steps as mentioned earlier.
Turn the iMessage Toggle Off and On
Another simple way to fix the iMessage issues on your iPhone is by turning the toggle for iMessage on/off. It has certainly solved the iMessage errors for many. All you have to do is
- Go to the Settings option and then select Messages.
- From there, go to iMessage and then turn the toggle off.
- Do not turn the toggle on for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, follow the same steps to reach the iMessage toggle. Now turn the iMessage toggle on. If it does not work, repeat the process once more.
Check the Settings
Sometimes the iMessage issues are related to the settings. That's why it's best to take a quick glance at the settings and see if everything is fine. Start by checking whether you are signed in with your Apple ID or not. Here's how you can do so:
- Go to Settings and then select the Messages option.
- From there, select Send & Receive. Now, check the Apple ID for sign-in.
Alternatively, iMessage errors can occur due to Airplane mode activation. Check if the toggle for Airplane mode is off. If it is, then try turning the toggle on again. Keep the toggle as it is for some time and then turn it off. You can access the Airplane mode by reaching the Settings menu.
Change the DNS Setting
An efficient way to fix the iMessage error is by changing the DNS Setting on your iPhone. You can change the DNS servers on your iPhone 13. As a result, it can fix and even speed up the sync process between macOS and iPhone 13.
It's a simple process where you have to:
- Go to Settings and then WiFi
- Look for the blue arrow. It is usually located beside the WiFi network.
- Choose the DNS field and insert the DNS servers.
- It should be Google Public DNS 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
Check the Network Settings and Reset
You can also try checking your device connections and resetting them accordingly. The process has been a great troubleshooting technique for iMessage issues earlier. Reset the network settings for your iPhone through the below steps:
- Go to Settings> General> Reset.
- Tap on the "Choose Reset Network Settings" option.
- Enter the credentials correctly and confirm.
Sometimes WiFi connection can be the reason behind those iMessage errors. Make sure to fix the issue through the following means:
- Go to Settings>Cellular
- Now, turn off the WiFi Assist option.
Check for Low Space
You are likely to face issues with iMessage when it is filled with endless media. This scenario can result in a low space. The best way to prevent such storage issues is by deleting the old messages one by one. Here's how you can do so:
- Press and hold the message bubble. After that, tap on More.
- Choose the message bubble that you want to remove.
- Press the Delete button.
To remove the entire conversation, go to the Message list and find the conversation that you want to delete. Swipe left on the conversation and select the delete option.
If you share a lot of video, images, or other data through your iPhone messaging app, switch to low-quality image mode. That way, your storage will not fill quickly. To switch to low-quality mode, go to settings and then the Messages option. Now, turn on the toggle for low-quality image mode.
Check Date and Time
Sometimes the issue with iMessage might have some connection with date and time. It may occur due to the improper setting of the same. Thus, the best way to fix this is by changing the date and time. Here's how you can do so
- Go to Settings and then the General section. Select the Date & Time option.
- From there, customize the option to "Set Automatically ". This will ensure an automatic set up of both date and time.
If these solutions do not work, there are some alternative methods to recuse the iMessage not working issues. These are simple yet effective tactics that have helped numerous users earlier. Implement them and see whether these methods work for you:
Check Your Internet Connection
You may also encounter iMessage issues due to a slow internet connection. Thus, ensure that you are connected to cellular data or WiFi with good connectivity. You can also check the connection by opening any website on Safari. If the website fails to load, you might be facing internet issues. Switch to some other WiFi or contact your ISP for such problems.
Update your iOS
It's important to update your iOS version as per the latest additions. So, if your iOS is backdated, try these steps and update to the newest version:
- Go to the Settings and then the General section.
- From there, select the Software Update option and see whether there are any iOS updates available. Make sure to update once you find any.
Part 2: How Can I Transfer Music, Video, and Photos Between Mac and iPhone 13?
We hope now you know the proper ways to fix the iMessage issue on your iPhone 13. Apart from this, most iOS users look for an easy and efficient method to transfer any media between iPhone 13 and Mac. Keeping the synchronization issues in mind, sometimes the entire process gets a bit complex. In that case, it gets tough to transfer files between iOS devices.
However, thanks to tools like Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS), transferring any data between iOS devices has become absolutely effortless. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is a tool that can help you to share and manage data between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It comes with outstanding features where you can manage your data through exporting, adding, or deleting.
Transfer Photos from Computer to iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Back up your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc., to the computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc., from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7 to iOS 15 and iPod.
The tool can help you to transfer music, photos, and videos between your Mac and iPhone. It does not require iTunes to transfer files between iPhone, iPad, or iMac. The best part? It supports the iOS 15 version! The user interface of this outstanding tool is quite simple. To use this tool, follow these three steps given below:
Step 1: At first, open the Dr.Fone tool and click on the Phone Manager.
Step 2: Now, connect your iPhone and click on "Start" to scan your device. You will also be able to see all your iPhone data.
Step 3: You can now transfer the data or export them between your iMac and iPhone.
Simple, isn't it? The tool also comes with additional features like a powerful file explorer. Through this, you can access your iPhone storage and check all the files of the device. It can also help you to rebuild the iTunes library, manage contacts/SMS, and make ringtones.
So that's how you fix iMessage not syncing between Mac and iPhone 13. Hopefully, you will be able to solve the issue efficiently. Meanwhile, if you want an iPhone manager tool to transfer data, it's worth trying Dr. Fone - Phone Manager (iOS). The tool can certainly be your one-stop solution for all iOS data transfers.
- Back Up iPhone Messages
- 1. Back up Messages on iPhone
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Back up Viber messages
- 4. Back up WhatsApp Data to Computer
- 5. Export WhatsApp Message from iOS
- Delete iPhone Messages
- 1. Delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- 2. Delete Snapchat Messages on iPhone
- 3. Delete WA for Everyone
- 4. Delete WA Message Permanently
- 5. Delete Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Tips about WhatsApp Delete Message
- 7. Undelete Messages on iPhone
- 8. View Deleted iMessage History on PC
- Recover iPhone Messages
- 1. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Messages
- 2. Recover Deleted Viber Messages
- 3. Recover Messages on iPhone 13
- 4. Recover Deleted Message on iPhone 8
- 5. Recover Deleted Message iPhone 6
- 6. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 7. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 8. Restore 1-Year-Old WhatsApp Chats
- Restore iPhone Messages
- 1. Restore Kik Messages from iPhone
- 2. Restore Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Restore Viber Messages Selectively
- 4. Restore Kik Messages to iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Messages
- 1. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to Computer
- 4. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. Transfer from Android to iPhone 13
- 7. WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- 8. Download Text Messages from iPhone
- iPhone Messages Problems
- 1. iMessage Not Working
- 2. iMessage Keeps Crashing
- 3. iMessage Not Syncing on a Mac
- 4.iPhone won't send or receive texts
- 5. iMessage Freezing or Not Working
- 6. Why Are My iPhone Messages Green
- iPhone Message Tricks
- 1. Export Messages from iPhone to PDF
- 2. Know Who Read WA Group Message
- 3. iPhone Message Tips and Tricks
- 4. Access iMessage Online
- 5. Extract Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Forward Text on iPhone and Android
- 7. Print Text Messages from iPhone
- 8. View iPhone Messages on PC/Mac
- 9. Tell If You Are Blocked on iMessage