How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 13 and Other Models
There’s no denying that iPhone 13 and other newer iOS devices are immensely well-equipped. They all have extreme capabilities that take our mobile experience to another level. Aside from remarkable features, Apple has also added more layers of protection for the important files of its users. That means losing data by accident or misfortune is not a huge nuisance at all.
Let’s say you intend to delete a different text message than the one you have actually erased. Is it lost forever? Of course not. There are so many convenient ways to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 13 and other newer models. The best part is that most of them do not require backup anymore. Amazing, isn’t it?
In this article, we will delve into other possible reasons why text messages go missing on iPhone 13 and other units. We will also provide some effective techniques to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone. Don’t worry. The steps are so easy to follow. Hence, read on to learn more.
Part 1. Common Reasons Why Messages Get Deleted on iPhone 13 and Newer Models
Accidentally deleting important text messages is a very common scenario among iPhone users. Mistakes happen each and every time. As human beings, we can’t do anything about it. Making errors is part of our normal lives. However, it’s important to take note that there are some other reasons why text messages on iPhones suddenly get deleted. The issue can be an indication of so many things. Thus, always be mindful of the signs related to this hiccup. Here are the other frequent reasons why text messages on iPhone 13 and subsequent Apple devices suddenly get deleted.
Your device's auto-delete feature is enabled.
Keep in mind that iPhone 13 and other newer units have an auto-delete feature for the Messages app. If it’s enabled, the device will automatically delete the text messages after 30 days or so. Ensure that this feature is deactivated on your device to avoid the hassle. Simply navigate to Settings > Messages > Keep Messages > Forever. If your text messages have already been deleted, try the solutions below to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone.
Your device is running out of storage.
Is your iPhone 13 running out of adequate storage? If so, that’s potentially the reason why text messages automatically get deleted on your device. Do yourself a little favor. Make it a habit to free up some space on your handset when necessary.
iOS has encountered problems during the software update.
The software update is indeed a necessary procedure for iOS devices. It is designed to be safe and harmless toward the units. However, things can go wrong when the process is disrupted. The system might get corrupted and result in data loss. So if your text messages mysteriously disappear on your device after the software update, this is what probably happened.
Part 2. Easiest Methods to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 13 and Newer Models
What to do when your text messages evaporate out of the blue and disappear? First and foremost, stay composed. Remember that you can still retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 13 and other units with or without backup. Although the text messages have already been erased from the Messages app, the data remain intact in the internal storage. Below are some helpful techniques on how to find deleted messages on iPhone with or without backup.
Method 1: Ask the sender to resend the text message.
In this situation, asking the sender to resend the deleted text messages can solve the problem once and for all. The missing conversation may still be available on the other end. Therefore, it can be easily forwarded to you again. But keep in mind that this solution will not work if the deleted text message is machine-generated. Don’t worry. You still have a lot of options to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 13 and other models. Just continue reading below.
Method 2: Recover deleted messages via Show Recently Deleted option.
iPhone 13 and other latest models have a recently deleted folder in the Messages app. It means the deleted text messages do not go straight to oblivion. It stays in the folder for 30 days maximum. During that period, you can easily restore the text messages you don’t intend to delete permanently. Here’s how to retrieve them in easy steps.
- Step 1: On the Messages app, click Edit. Alternatively, click Filters if the Message Filtering option is currently enabled on your device.
- Step 2: Click Show Recently Deleted.
- Step 3: Choose the specific conversations that contain the text messages you wish to recover.
- Step 4: Lastly, click Recover.
Method 3: Ask your phone service provider for assistance.
If you have any network concerns, you should not hesitate to contact your phone service provider. They are always ready to listen and help you to the best of their ability. Recovery of deleted text messages is not commonly part of their main service. But who knows? They might provide some helpful solutions to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone 13 with or without backup.
Method 4: Restore iPhone 13 from iCloud backup.
Did you know that you can easily retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone from iCloud backup? Well, it’s possible as long as your device has been backing up your files to iCloud ever since. Here’s how to recover them in easy steps.
- Step 1: To begin, ensure that your device is automatically backed up to iCloud. Click Settings.
- Step 2: Click your Profile icon.
- Step 3: Click iCloud.
- Step 4: Click iCloud Backup. Check if this feature is currently enabled on your device.
- Step 5: After confirming the iCloud backup, go back to the Settings main menu. Click General.
- Step 6: Click Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Step 7: Click Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step 8: Type in your passcode if necessary. Then confirm the procedure.
- Step 9: It will take a few minutes to reset your iPhone 13 back to its original state. Once completed, a welcome greeting will materialize on your screen. Set up your iPhone right away. For Apps & Data settings, click Restore From iCloud Backup.
- Step 10: Log in using your Apple ID and password. And then choose the specific iCloud backup you want to restore on your device.
Method 5: Restore iPhone 13 from iTunes backup
iTunes backup is another safety net in case you delete an important text message by accident. If you regularly sync your device to iTunes, you can easily retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 13. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Open the iTunes app on your desktop. After it fully loads, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Step 2: Wait until iTunes has successfully recognized your device. By then, click the iPhone icon on the top menu bar.
Step 3: Click Summary from the left panel.
Step 4: Head over to the main dashboard and then click Restore Backup under the Backups section.
Method 6: Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 13 Using Wondershare Dr.Fone
The first few methods will certainly not work if you don’t have any backup files. But don’t worry. You can still retrieve the deleted text messages on your iPhone with or without backup. Wondershare Dr.Fone will help you do that. Here’s how to use it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Dr.Fone from its official website. Right after, install it on your desktop.
- Step 2: Launch the newly installed Wondershare Dr.Fone application on your computer.
- Step 3: Go to the left panel and then click Toolbox. Afterwards, click Data Recovery from the main dashboard.
- Step 4: Confirm your device. In this case, click iOS.
- Step 5: Click Recover Data From iOS Device.
- Step 6: To continue, connect your iPhone first to your computer using a data cable.
- Step 7: All the available file types that can be recovered from your device will then appear on the computer screen. Check the tickbox next to Message & Attachments. If you wish to retrieve data from other file types, check them as well. After that, click Start Scan.
- Step 8: Let Wondershare Dr.Fone scan your device for a while. After that, a preview of the files detected from your device will appear on the computer screen. Head over to the left panel and then click Messages to select all the conversations. If you want to recover only a few specific messages, select them individually on the main dashboard. Right after, click Restore to Device.
- Step 9: Confirm your device and the files you want to retrieve. And then click Continue.
- Step 10: To avoid interrupting the process, ensure that the Find My iPhone feature is currently deactivated on your device. Wondershare Dr.Fone will ask you to turn it off to proceed.
- Step 11: A confirmation window will appear on the computer screen after the successful data recovery process. Check the details before you exit the program.
Part 3. How to Back Up Your Text Messages on iPhone 13 and Other Models
Nowadays, retrieving deleted text messages on iPhone 13 and other iOS devices is no longer a big problem. It can be easily resolved with just the snap of a finger. But still, it’s best if we prevent these disturbances from happening. One thing we can do is to back up our iPhone 13 regularly. We may sync our data to iCloud or iTunes whenever we are connected to the internet. Moreover, we can also use Wondershare Dr.Fone as another safe storage for our text messages and other files. Don’t worry. This backup solution is very convenient to use. Here’s a short guide for you.
- Step 1: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone on your desktop.
- Step 2: Go to the left panel and then click My Backup. Right after, click the Back Up Now button on the main dashboard.
- Step 3: Wait while Wondershare Dr.Fone is backing up your iPhone. Don’t use your device and your computer while the process is ongoing to avoid unnecessary interruptions.
- Step 4: Once completed, click Open in Folder or View Backups to review the files.
iPhone 13 is among the most capable smartphones we have today. It can absolutely do a lot of stuff and execute them very well. Issues like accidentally erasing a text message or losing it out of nowhere are minor hiccups. But it can grow into a huge inconvenience if we don’t act on it. Refer to the abovementioned methods in case you experience the same problem in the future. Furthermore, download Wondershare Dr.Fone to assist you in the process. This complete-package mobile solution can help you with data backup and recovery.
- Back Up iPhone Messages
- 1. Back up Messages on iPhone
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Back up Viber messages
- 4. Back up WhatsApp Data to Computer
- 5. Export WhatsApp Message from iOS
- Delete iPhone Messages
- 1. Delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- 2. Delete Snapchat Messages on iPhone
- 3. Delete WA for Everyone
- 4. Delete WA Message Permanently
- 5. Delete Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Tips about WhatsApp Delete Message
- 7. Undelete Messages on iPhone
- 8. View Deleted iMessage History on PC
- Recover iPhone Messages
- 1. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Messages
- 2. Recover Deleted Viber Messages
- 3. Recover Messages on iPhone 13
- 4. Recover Deleted Message on iPhone 8
- 5. Recover Deleted Message iPhone 6
- 6. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 7. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 8. Restore 1-Year-Old WhatsApp Chats
- Restore iPhone Messages
- 1. Restore Kik Messages from iPhone
- 2. Restore Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Restore Viber Messages Selectively
- 4. Restore Kik Messages to iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Messages
- 1. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to Computer
- 4. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. Transfer from Android to iPhone 13
- 7. WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- 8. Download Text Messages from iPhone
- iPhone Messages Problems
- 1. iMessage Not Working
- 2. iMessage Keeps Crashing
- 3. iMessage Not Syncing on a Mac
- 4.iPhone won't send or receive texts
- 5. iMessage Freezing or Not Working
- 6. Why Are My iPhone Messages Green
- iPhone Message Tricks
- 1. Export Messages from iPhone to PDF
- 2. Know Who Read WA Group Message
- 3. iPhone Message Tips and Tricks
- 4. Access iMessage Online
- 5. Extract Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Forward Text on iPhone and Android
- 7. Print Text Messages from iPhone
- 8. View iPhone Messages on PC/Mac
- 9. Tell If You Are Blocked on iMessage