iPhone 11/12 Has No Sound? Let's Get Started to Fix
Everybody loves their iPhone 11/12 and all the amazing features they come with, but when you try to watch a video or listen to your favorite tunes, there's no sound! That can be irritating and may leave you feeling helpless, not knowing how to fix it. Fortunately, we're here for you. We know what causes iPhone 12 sound issues and how to solve them quickly - no need to get Apple support involved yet!
So if you are having sound not working on iPhone 11 or other problems with any audio playing issues with the latest iPhone models: keep reading as we discuss solutions that will help eliminate silent videos or music from ruining your day.
So, let's get started.
Possible Reasons iPhone 11/12 Has No Sound
Before we can get straight to the solutions, it's better to understand the root cause of why sound is not playing on iPhone 11/12. Here are some possible reasons for this issue:
1. Check your sound settings (volume/Do Not Disturb mode/Silent mode)
The volume setting is the first to check if your iPhone 11/12 has no sound. You may have accidentally lowered or muted the volume before you start playing audio, so ensure it is set to a reasonable level.
If the volume isn't the problem, try checking to see if the Do Not Disturb mode is active - this can prevent volume control buttons from working correctly. Finally, you should check to see if your iPhone is set to silent mode by looking at the switch on the side of the device - this will completely disable all sounds.
2. Connection problems
Another possible reason you may not hear any sound on your iPhone 11/12 is connection problems. If the device is connected to a Bluetooth speaker, headphones, or other audio output devices, there may be an issue with the connection that is preventing sound from playing.
Make sure that the wireless connection between your device and any peripheral is strong and stable - if not, try disconnecting and reconnecting to see if that helps. You should also check to ensure the peripheral is working correctly by testing it with another device.
If none of these reasons seem likely, then another issue might have caused the audio problem.
3. Software issues
Software issue is a common cause of sound not working on iPhone 11/12. If the device has recently been updated, the new software may cause a conflict or a glitch in the audio system.
Additionally, if any apps are running in the background, these could also be interfering with audio playback. To check and see if any of these issues are present, try to restart your iPhone 11/12 and then test the sound again.
4. Hardware issues
The hardware issue is another potential cause for sound not working on iPhone 11/12. If the audio system has sustained any physical damage, such as if it has been dropped or exposed to water, then this could be preventing sound from playing correctly.
Additionally, the device's speakers may have become clogged with dirt or dust over time, which could also block sound. To check if this is the issue, you can use a can of compressed air to try and clear out any dirt or dust in the speaker grills.
Finally, it's also possible that the audio system on your iPhone 11/12 is malfunctioning due to an internal hardware problem. If this is the case, you may need to bring the device in for professional repairs or replacement.
So, there are several possible causes for sound not working on iPhone 11/12, including software issues, connection problems, and hardware malfunctions. To ensure that your audio system is functioning correctly and that you don't miss out on any important notifications, it's important to keep an eye out for any issues and address them promptly.
Following the steps outlined above, you can quickly identify the root cause of audio problems and find a solution.
So now let's move on to the 7 easiest ways to fix iPhone 11/12 having no sound issues at home.
7 Easy Ways to Fix iPhone 11/12 Has No Sound
There might be different fixes you find online on how to fix iPhone 11/12 with no sound issue, but most of them need to be fixed or are useless due to their complexity. That's why we've compiled a list of the 7 easiest fixes for iPhone 11/12 sound issues that anyone can do at home. So let's get started!
1. Increase your iPhone 11/12 volume
One of the simplest ways to fix the iPhone 11/12 has no-sound issue is to increase the volume. This can be done by accessing your device's Settings app and navigating to the "Sounds & Haptics" section. Once there, you can change the volume level directly from this page or use the physical buttons on your device (if they are present). Additionally, adjust their volume levels if you're using headphones or a speaker.
If increasing the volume does not fix the issue, then you can try some of the other solutions listed here. However, it's important to note that if your device is set to mute or vibrate only, increasing the volume will not help, as sound will still not be heard. It's also important to check that app or media players are set to play audio and not mute when opened.
2. Restart your iPhone 11/12
Restarting your iPhone 11/12 is another easy way to fix no sound issues. A restart can help clear any software glitches preventing sound from playing correctly and help resolve any other related problems.
- To do this, press and quickly release the volume up button and then the down button.
- Now quickly press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the "slide to power off" option.
- Once the device has powered off, press the power button to turn it back on.
- After your iPhone 11/12 has restarted, check if the sound is playing correctly. If not, then you can try the other solutions listed here.
3. Enable some third-party apps' sound settings
Some third-party apps may have sound settings that need to be enabled to play audio correctly. To do this, open the app and navigate to its settings page. Once there, look for any options related to sound or audio and make sure that they are enabled.
Additionally, check if the app has a volume slider or setting that needs to be adjusted. Enabling sound settings for third-party apps can help ensure that audio plays correctly on your device and may resolve iPhone 11/12 has no sound issues.
4. Disable Bluetooth
Disabling Bluetooth on your iPhone 11/12 can also help resolve sound-related issues. To do this, open the Settings app and navigate to the "Bluetooth" section. Once there, make sure that Bluetooth is disabled.
Additionally, if you are connected to any audio devices via Bluetooth, make sure to disconnect them. Disabling Bluetooth can help ensure sound plays correctly on your device and may resolve iPhone 11/12 has no-sound issues.
5. Update your iOS
Updating your iPhone 11/12's iOS is another easy way to fix sound-related issues.
- To do this, open the Settings app and navigate to the "General" section. Once there, look for the "Software Update" option and select it.
- Your device will then check for available updates and allow you to install them.
- It's important to note that updating your iOS may take some time, depending on how large the update is, so make sure to have your device plugged in and connected to a power source during the update.
- Installing iOS updates can help resolve software-related problems that could cause no sound issues on your iPhone 11/12.
6. Reset All Settings
If none of the other solutions above help, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone 11/12. Doing so will restore all settings to their default values but won't delete any of your data or apps.
- To perform a reset, open the Settings app and navigate to the "General" section. Once there, look for the "Reset" option and select it.
- You will then be presented with a list of reset options—select "Reset All Settings."
- Your device will now reset all settings and hopefully resolve any no-sound issues that you were experiencing.
- It's important to note that resetting all settings may take some time, so make sure to have your device plugged in and connected to a power source during the process.
Resetting all settings can help ensure sound plays correctly on your device and may resolve iPhone 11/12 has no-sound issues.
7. Dr.Fone-System Repair
If you need help with the above-given solution, don't worry. We have the ultimate solution to fix iPhone 11 sound issues. All you have to do is follow the steps given below and quickly fix your iPhone 11 or 12 sound issues.
- First of all, download and install the Dr.Fone-System Repair tool.
- Now launch the tool and click on the System Repair button.
- You must go for iOS and then click on the iOS Repair button.
- Now choose the problem you are facing with your iPhone 11 or 12 and click the Repair Now button.
- At this step, you will see 2 options: Standard Repair and Advanced Repair. You will have to choose Standard Repair.
- Here you will see some instructions to connect your iPhone to the computer. All you have to do is to connect your iPhone to the lightning cable while following the instructions on the screen.
- Once your iPhone is successfully connected to the computer, you will be asked to select the right firmware.
- Choosing the right firmware is easy; after that, you can hit the download button.
- Now, wait for the system to download your firmware. Once the firmware is downloaded to your computer, you can hit the Repair Now button.
The process will take only a few minutes, so be patient. Once the process is completed, you will be informed on the screen. After that, you can check your iPhone, and iPhone 12 sound issues will be fixed.
So these are some common reasons behind iPhone 11/12 sound issues and their solutions. You can try any of the solutions given above, and it will fix your iPhone. But if none of the solutions work for you or you want to save time on other solutions, you can try Dr.Fone-System Repair, and it will quickly fix your iPhone 11 or 12 within a few minutes.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems