Quick Methods to Fix iPhone 12/13 Hotspot Not Working
Do you need help getting your iPhone 12/13 hotspot to work? Many users have complained about their iPhone's hotspot feature failing to work sometimes. This problem prevents them from using a mobile Wi-Fi connection.
Fortunately, you can try several easy fixes before giving up and calling tech support. This article will share some quick methods for your iPhone 13 hotspot not working issue. So, you can get back online as soon as possible. So please read on, and let's get started!
- Disable and Enable iPhone 12/13 Hotspot
- Disable and Enable Cellular Data
- Select "Maximize Compatibility" in "Settings"
- Force restart iPhone 12/13
- Update iOS Version
- Reset Network Settings
- Dr.Fone-System Repair
7 Ways to Fix iPhone 12/13 Hotspot Not Working
With a functioning Hotspot, you can easily connect other devices to your iPhone's data. And enjoy its fast speeds. So, if you're having trouble getting it to work, don't despair and try some of these methods to get it working again in no time.
Let's look at the different methods you can use to fix your iPhone 11/12 hotspot not working issue.
1. Disable and Enable iPhone 12/13 Hotspot
A simple yet effective way to resolve this issue is to disable and enable your Hotspot feature. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Cellular and tap the toggle switch next to "Personal Hotspot" to disable this feature.
- Once it's disabled, please turn it back by tapping the same switch again. You should now be able to use your iPhone's hotspot feature without any further issues.
2. Disable and Enable Cellular Data
If disabling your Hotspot feature doesn't solve the issue, you can try disabling and re-enabling cellular data on your device. This approach is simple to manipulate but can also help you fix the problem. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Cellular and then tap the toggle switch next to "Cellular Data" to disable it, followed by tapping the same button again to turn it back on.
- Now try using your iPhone's Hotspot feature again, and you should be able to connect without any issues.
3. Select "Maximize Compatibility" in "Settings"
If you're still having trouble, try selecting "Maximize Compatibility" in the Settings app on your iPhone 12/13. Because of the limitation, users cannot surf the Internet at will. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Cellular and tap the "Maximize Compatibility" option.
- This should help reduce the connection errors you experience when using your iPhone's Hotspot feature.
4. Force restart iPhone 12/13
If all else fails, a simple restart can help to resolve your issue. Due to the force restart, this solution can stop software and hardware malfunction. And you don't need to worry about data loss. Besides the hotspot problem, the force restart is available for many other issues. To restart your device:
- Press and hold the power button until you see the Power Off slider, then drag it to turn off your device.
- Once your turn off your iPhone, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
5. Update iOS Version
Outdated software may also be causing your iPhone 12/13 hotspot not to work as intended. But the latest update can offer solutions for some bugs from the previous iOS versions. So make sure that your device is running the latest version of iOS. To do this:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap "Download and Install" to update your device.
- Once the update is complete, try using your iPhone's Hotspot feature again, and you should be able to connect without any issues.
6. Reset Network Settings
If updating your iOS version doesn't work, you might need to reset your network settings on your device. To do this:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap "Reset Network Settings".
- Your device will now reset its network settings. So try using your iPhone's Hotspot feature again, and it should be able to connect without any issues.
7. Dr.Fone-System Repair
If none of the above methods work, you can try using Dr.Fone-System Repair to fix your iPhone 12/13 Hotspot issue. This tool is designed to repair all iOS problems and can help get your iPhone's Hotspot feature back and running in no time. It's a great option if you don't want to go through the hassle of troubleshooting on your own.
Dr.Fone-System Repair is a reliable and easy-to-use tool that can help you quickly get your iPhone's Hotspot feature working again. So, if all else fails, give it a try!
Follow these steps:
Step #1: Start Wondershare Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) and select the "System Repair" option from the homepage.
Step #2: Choose iOS on this page.
Step #3: Now choose "iOS Repair" to address the iPad's system faults.
Step #4: Select the specific problem, then carry on by tapping "Repair Now."
Step #5: Select the "Standard Repair" option from the two available choices.
Step #6: Put your iOS device into recovery mode right away.
Step #7: Turn on recovery mode for your smartphone.
Step #8: The tool will automatically detect the device and put it in Recovery Mode.
Step #9: The device will be immediately recognized by the tool and then placed in recovery mode.
Step #10: The download may take a few minutes to proceed automatically.
Step #11: It will check when the download is finished before you can proceed.
Step #12: When the firmware package is ready, you can go to the next page.
Step #13: The tool will begin to repair and it will be completed quickly.
Therefore, you should definitely give Dr.Fone-System Repair a try if you're experiencing difficulties getting your Hotspot feature to function.
How to change your iPhone hotspot password?
Changing the password for your iPhone's hotspot is a great way to boost the security of your network. It's a simple process, too! All you need to do is:
- Open up your phone's Settings app
- And select 'Cellular' followed by 'Personal Hotspot'.
- Here, you should find an option labeled 'Wi-Fi Password,' which will let you input a fresh password of your choice when tapped.
- Once this password has been set, it should take effect immediately!
Remember that complex passwords are best used here as they can easily ward off potential attackers more than simpler ones.
How can I change the iPhone hotspot name?
Changing the name of your iPhone's hotspot is a great way to personalize your device and make it easier to find amongst other Wi-Fi networks. Even though most iPhones are set up to recognize their names immediately, it will take a little while if you decide to change your device's hotspot name.
To do so:
- Start by accessing your iPhone's Settings page
- Followed by tapping the menu option for Personal Hotspot.
- There, look for the Name field and type in your desired name before selecting Done.
- You've now successfully changed the Hotspot Name on your iPhone!
This simplifies the process when connecting with other devices. And it adds the individuality that others will recognize when finding Wi-Fi networks.
How to find out hotspot data usage on iPhone?
If you've exceeded your allotted data plan on your iPhone and need to figure out where it's gone, the hotspot data usage section is your best bet for an overview. You can find out which apps are using most of your data by going through the Hotspot menu on your device:
- Go to Settings > Cellular and then scroll down to the Personal Hotspot option.
Here you'll find a breakdown of all apps' usage while they're connected to hotspots. So, you can track and manage how much data each one is taking advantage of. It's a helpful tool that helps keep tabs on your data plan and avoid going over the limit!
In conclusion, if you're having trouble getting your iPhone Hotspot feature to work correctly, you can try several quick fixes. From tapping the Personal Hotspot switch twice to selecting "Maximize Compatibility" in "Settings" and resetting your network settings.
If all else fails, Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair is a reliable tool. This app can help you get your iPhone 12 pro hotspot not working resolved quickly and easily. With these techniques, you can solve any issues with your device's Hotspot connection.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems