Fix iPhone 11/12 Keeps Restarting: 10 Easy and Safe Solutions
Are you frustrated that your iPhone 11/12 keeps restarting? We feel your pain. It's a common problem among iPhone 11/12 users. Restarting your device can be a hassle and lead to data loss and other issues.
Fortunately, we've outlined ten easy and safe ways for you if your iPhone 11 keeps restarting. With these steps, you can get your device back to normal and start using it as intended. So, let's dive in and find out how to fix your iPhone 11/12 keeps restarting issue.
- Update your iPhone 11/12 to the Latest iOS Version
- Update your Apps
- Reset All Settings
- 4.Check Analytics Data for Device Error Logs
- 5.Delete Malware
- Force Restart iPhone 11/12
- Remove the SIM Card
- Check the Battery Status
- Go for Apple Support for Damaged Hardware
Part 1: 5 Ways to Fix iPhone 11/12 Keeps Restarting for Software Issues
1.Update your iPhone 11/12 to the Latest iOS Version
Sometimes, because of problems with the operating system, there are unknown bugs in our iPhones. After updating iOS, Apple will concentrate on solving your problem.
- Connect your iPhone 11/12 to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app and select General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install if an update is available.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update.
- Once the update is complete, your iPhone 11/12 should no longer restart.
2.Update your Apps
Updating the apps on your iPhone 11/12 is a great way to fix software issues causing the device to keep restarting. Updating the faulty apps on your device can help resolve compatibility issues between them and the device's software. Therefore, ensuring that all your apps are up to date is essential. Here's how:
- Open the App Store and tap on the "Updates" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of apps and tap on "Update All" to update all available apps.
- Wait for the apps to update, then restart your iPhone 11/12.
- After restarting, check if the issue has been resolved.
3.Reset All Settings
When you have used your iPhone for a long time. It's common to have some wrong settings. So, resetting your iPhone settings might solve the iPhone 11 keeps restarting issue. Here's what you have to do:
- On your iPhone 11/12, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Tap Reset All Settings again to confirm.
- Wait for your iPhone to finish resetting.
Your iPhone should now be out of any software-related issues that may have been causing it to restart continuously.
4.Check Analytics Data for Device Error Logs
This is another cause of software problems. With errors from apps, it will bring about some obstacles to the normal device function. Please find them out, your device will work more efficiently.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 11/12.
- Tap Privacy > Analytics & Improvements.
- Tap Analytics Data.
- Scroll down to find any error logs related to your device restarting.
- If there are any logs, review them to determine the cause of the restarting issue and take the necessary steps to resolve it.
- If there are no logs, try resetting your device to its factory settings. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Once the reset is complete, restore your device from a backup or set it up as new.
If your iPhone 11/12 keeps restarting due to Malware or viruses, delete it immediately. You can do this in the Settings app. Go to General, then tap Software Update and then Delete Malware. This will remove any malicious software from your device.
Part 2: 4 Ways to Fix iPhone 11/12 Keeps Restarting for Hardware Issues
1.Force Restart iPhone 11/12
Force restarting your device can fix iPhone 12 keeps restarting. Moreover, the process of force restarting an iPhone is straightforward. However, if you need help, the below steps will show you how to force-restart your device:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
This should force restart your iPhone 11/12 and possibly fix any hardware issues causing it to restart. If this doesn't work, you may need to restore your iPhone using iTunes or try a DFU restore.
2.Remove the SIM Card
If your iPhone 11 or 12 keeps restarting due to a hardware issue, the first step you should take is to remove the SIM card. The SIM card may have become damaged, corrupted, or otherwise compromised, and removing it can help resolve the issue.
To remove the SIM card, power off your iPhone and remove the SIM card tray. Use the ejector tool that came with the phone, or a paper clip, to press the small hole on the side of the tray. This will open the tray, and the SIM card can be easily removed.
After removing the SIM card, power the phone again and check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, try a more advanced solution.
3.Check the Battery Status
The last thing to do when trying to fix an iPhone 11 keeps restarting due to hardware issues is to check the battery status. If your iPhone is running with low battery power, it might be why it keeps restarting. This could be because the battery is weak, not charging, or the phone is too hot.
If the battery is low, you should charge it until it is complete. If the phone is too hot, you should turn it off and let its temperature down before turning it back on. You should try a different charger if the battery is not charging correctly.
Finally, if none of these solutions work, consider repairing your iPhone in an Apple store or a phone repair shop for further assistance.
4.Go for Apple Support for Damaged Hardware
If your iPhone 12 keeps restarting due to a hardware issue, the best course of action is to contact Apple Support. Apple Support can help you determine if your device has a hardware issue and provide you with the necessary steps to fix it.
When you contact Apple Support, the representative may ask for your device's serial number and provide instructions on how to send it in for service. After Apple Support assesses the device, they will provide you with an estimated repair cost.
If your device has a hardware issue, Apple Support can also provide instructions on troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue. They can provide instructions on replacing the device's components, such as the battery or display.
No matter what the issue is, Apple Support can help you resolve it. Contact them today if your iPhone 11 or 12 keeps restarting due to a hardware issue.
Bonus Tips: Easy App to Fix iPhone 11/12 Keeps Restarting
Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair for iPhone is a powerful tool that allows you to fix any problems causing your iPhone 11 keeps restarting. It is an easy-to-use software that can diagnose and fix any system issues on your iPhone or iPad. It is compatible with any iOS system and can fix issues like being stuck on the Apple logo, black/white screen, boot loop, and more.
With this software, you can quickly resolve any system issue with a few clicks. It also helps to improve your device's overall performance and ensure that it is running smoothly. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Download and Install Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair
First, download and install Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair from the official website.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to Computer and Select Standard Repair
Once you have installed the software, launch it and select iOS > iOS Repair > Standard Repair option from the main window. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Download Firmware Package
The software will then detect your iPhone and display the device info. Click "Download," and download the firmware package for your device.
Step 4: Fix iPhone Keeps Restarting
Once downloading, click "Repair Now" to Fix to repair your device. The software will then repair the iOS system and fix the issue.
Step 5: Complete the Repair
Once the repair is complete, you will get a confirmation message. You can now disconnect your iPhone from the computer and start using it usually.
The Bottom Line
iPhone 11/12 keeps restarting can be a challenging problem to tackle. Fortunately, this guide has several steps you can take to fix this issue and get your device back to normal.
As a bonus, Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair for iPhone provides a straightforward and effective way to repair the iOS system and fix any issues related to restarting. It is a powerful tool that can help you get your device back up and running in no time.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems