The Ultimate Guide: How to Recover Data from a Broken iPhone?
Dropped your iPhone 14 or another iPhone model heavily on the floor, from the stair or on other hard objects? Anything might happen. Your iPhone is still in perfect condition if you're lucky enough. Or worse, it has a cracked screen. Even the worst, you need to change a new one.
A broken iPhone can be a distressing experience, but fear not! In this ultimate guide, we'll walk you through the essential steps to recover data from a broken iPhone. Whether it's a minor crack or a shattered screen, you'll learn how to safeguard your precious data and restore your device to normalcy.
Accidents happen, and when your iPhone takes a tumble, the first instinct may be to assess the damage yourself. However, it's crucial to exercise caution, especially if there's severe damage. To ensure the best outcome, take your broken iPhone to an Apple Store or a reputable professional repair shop. Let their experts evaluate the extent of the damage and provide you with proper guidance on repair options.
Remember, if you're not well-versed in repairing electronic devices, attempting DIY repairs may worsen the situation and cause irreparable damage.
Before proceeding with any repairs, prioritize data backup to avoid permanent data loss. If your iPhone is still accessible and functioning despite the damage, take advantage of iTunes, iCloud Backup (if you have one), or third-party tools like Dr.Fone Backup to create a complete backup of your important files, photos, videos, contacts, and more.
What if you can't use iTunes or iCloud to back up your iPhone 14, iPhone 13, or any other iPhone model, or you just don't want to use either of the tools?
Then you need to use a professional third-party tool like Wondershare Dr.Fone, which allows you to directly scan your iPhone and selectively back up the data out of your iPhone.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One-click to back up the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the Backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the Backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restoration.
- Supports iPhone and the latest iOS version fully!
All you need to do is three steps:
- Step 1. Connect your iPhone 14 or another iPhone model to the computer, and run the program. Select “My Backup” section from the left panel.
- Step 2. After your iPhone is connected successfully, Dr.Fone will detect your iPhone automatically. Select what file types to back up. Then click on “Backup Up Now”.
- Step 3. The whole backup process will take some minutes, depending on the data amount on your iPhone.
In some cases, the damage may be limited to the device's display or non-vital components, leaving the core functionalities intact. If this is the case, Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) can come to the rescue. This professional software is designed to address various iOS system issues and restore your iPhone to normalcy without any data loss. It's really a piece of cake to fix a lot of iOS system issues by yourself.
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error nine, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
Follow the steps below to have a try first.
- Step 1. Choose “System Repair” from Dr.Fone. Select “iOS Repair” to continue for a system repair of your iOS device.
- Step 2. Select “Standard Repair” from the two options as you look forward to retaining the data during the process. The program will detect your broken iPhone automatically here. Confirm the information and then boot the phone in DFU mode.
- Step 3. Once the iPhone is in DFU mode, Dr.Fone will begin downloading the firmware.
- Step 4. When the download is complete, you don't need to do anything else. The program will continue to repair your broken iPhone. Just wait until the whole process is done.
- Step 5. When you see the “Repair complete!” window, your broken iPhone has been successfully repaired. Restart and use it.
Unfortunately, the professional technician declares that your iPhone 14, or any other iPhone model is completed destroyed. There is no way to repair it, or the repair fee is enough for you to purchase a new one.
What can you do now? You can still choose to get it recycled by Apple or sell it to some local repair store for some money. Then you need to get yourself a new phone. No matter it's an iPhone again or other phones, don't forget your data in iTunes or iCloud Backup. You can still get them back.
How? Since Apple doesn't allow you to preview and get data out of the iTunes and iCloud backups, you can use a professional iPhone recovery software to get them extracted from iTunes and iCloud. Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is such a tool. This powerful tool can recover various file types, including photos, messages, call logs, and more, even from damaged or inaccessible devices.
Just download the trial version above to have a try for free now.
The best tool to recover data from broken iPhone!
- Recover all data directly from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud backups.
- Retrieve contacts, including numbers, names, emails, job titles, companies, etc.
- Supports iPhone, and the latest iOS fully!
- Recover data lost due to deletion, device loss, jailbreak, iOS update, etc.
- Selectively preview and recover any data you want.
1. Recover Data on Broken iPhone from iTunes Backup
Step 1. Choose the Backup and extract it.
Launch the program on your computer once you've installed it. Then go to “Data Recovery”. Connect your broken iPhone and select “Recover Data from iTunes”. There, you can see all existing iTunes backup files on your computer.
You can choose any of them to extract. Just select one and click on the “Start Scan” button. The program will begin scanning and extracting the backup file.
Step 2. Preview and recover whatever you want from the Backup.
When the scan stops (it would be in a few seconds), you can now preview all data in the backup one by one, such as photos, messages, contacts, notes, call logs, and more. While previewing, you can tick any item you want and get them all back with one click on “Recover to Computer” at last.
2. Recover Broken iPhone Data from iCloud Backup
Step 1. Download and extract the iCloud Backup.
Switch to the option of “Recover Data from iCloud”. Then, you can sign in your iCloud account by inputting the Apple ID and the password. Once you've entered, you can see all the backup files in your iCloud. Choose one and download it with one click. After that, you can continue extracting it.
Step 2. Preview and recover data on your broken iPhone via iCloud Backup
The downloading and extracting process will take you a while. Wait and relax for a moment. Once it stops, you can preview all data in your iCloud backup file like photos, contacts, messages, calendars, and more. You can recover any of them as you wish.
Facing a broken iPhone can be distressing, but with the right approach, you can protect your valuable data and restore your device to its former glory. Remember to seek professional assessment and repair if your iPhone is seriously damaged. Always back up your data regularly to avoid permanent loss, and consider using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to fix minor issues and Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to recover data from broken iPhones.
With this ultimate guide at your disposal, you can confidently handle a broken iPhone and safeguard your precious memories and information. Remember, when in doubt, consult professionals to ensure the best outcome for your beloved device!
- Deleted Data Recover
- 1. Recover HEIC Photos on iPhone
- 2. Recover Deleted Calendar Event
- 3. Retrieve iPhone Deleted Reminders
- 4. Retrieve iPhone Deleted Voicemail
- 5. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 6. Recover iPhone Deleted Note
- 7. Recover Call History from iPhone
- 8. Recover iPhone Deleted Contacts
- 9. Recover iPhone Voice Memos
- 10. Recover Deleted iOS Files
- iPhone Passwords Recover
- 1. Retrieve iPhone Email Password
- 2. See iPhone Saved Password
- 3. Access iPhone Password
- 4. Get iPhone Password Back
- 5. iPhone Passcode Requriement Pops
- 6. Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- iPhone WhatsApp Recover
- 1. Recover WhatsApp Messages Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 4. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp
- Recover from Stolen iPhone
- Recover from Broken iPhone
- 1. Recover Data from Broken iPhone
- 2. Water Damaged iPhone Data Recovery
- 3. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- iPhone Recovery Tips
- 1. GT Recovery Undelete Restore
- 2. Recover Data from Memory Card
- 3. Recover iPhone Lost Data
- 4. Recycle Bin on iPhone
- 5. Recover Data on iPhone in Recover Mode
- 6. Recover Data from iPhone in DFU Mode
- 7. iTunes Data Recovery
- 8. Recover iPhone Data Without iTunes
- iPhone Recovery Tools