Can I Bypass a Forgotten Phone Password?
Screen locks on smartphones are crucial for keeping the data in your phone hidden. Password for phone becomes necessary when you have critical data on your phone. However, there is a downside to it.
Many people forget their screen lock, and that's normal. That can happen if you accidentally type a new lock screen password incorrectly. Apart from that, there are many other explanations too. In short, you can get locked out of your device, which is a terrible experience. It can waste your time if you need something stored in your phone.
Here we have mentioned solutions to let you bypass your lock screen password. All the solutions mentioned here are safe and will work almost 100% of the time.
Part 1: How Can I Set or Change My password?
- Open the Settings application and tap the Security choice.
- Under Device Security, tap Screen Lock.
- Select a Screen lock option, i.e., Swipe, Example, PIN, Password, etc.
- When you pick your choice, follow the guidelines on the screen to set it. Enter your screen lock straightaway.
- Then redo your screen lock on the following screen, then, at that point, tap Confirm.
Part 2: 4 Simple Ways to Bypass Your Android Phone Password
1. Google Find My Device
Our first approach to unlocking your device is to do a factory reset. That erases every one of the data on your phone too. You can perform this method if you have your Google account credentials and are ready. However, we want you to back up your data so you can sign once more after the reset and restore a ton of your data.
Since you're locked out, you will have to utilize a technique to do the reset. The most straightforward way is to utilize Google's Find My Device site. So, if the Find my Device option feature is enabled on your phone, you can tap the Erase device choice on this page to reset it.
2. Enter Recovery Mode to Hard Reset
If you can't use the Find my device feature, you'll have to factory reset physically. To do as such:
- Power your device off.
- Hold the Volume (-) and power keys all the while after the screen goes dark to raise Android's bootloader menu. This button blend might be different relying on your device model.
- Press the Volume down button two times to feature the Recovery Mode choice. Then, at that point, press the power button to choose it.
- Hold the power button and press the Volume up button to enter this mode.
- Utilize the volume buttons to go to the Wipe data/Factory Reset choice. Continue with the steps to play out a factory reset.
3. Use ADB
This fix isn't guaranteed to work; if you don't watch out, it could damage your phone. Therefore, we suggest you back up everything on your Android before proceeding.
If your phone has USB debugging enabled, is connected to a PC, and is not encrypted, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to your PC through a USB connector.
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal window to your ADB installation registry.
- Type in adb shell rm/data/system/gesture.key and click the Enter key.
- Reboot your phone. When you do, the solid lock screen ought to be gone.
- That is not a permanent condition, so reset your PIN or password lock before you reboot your device once more. That's how you reset password for phone.
If you want to unlock your phone without losing any data, we suggest Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock. Dr.Fone is a professional unlocking tool that can remove all types of screen locks in minutes. Dr.Fone is an all-in-one solution for all your iOS and Android needs. So, if you need a quick solution for your phone, download it now.
Step 1. Connect your Android telephone
Open the tool on your PC and select the "Screen Unlock" tool.
When the entire process is finished, you can access your Android device without entering any PIN and view all your data on the device.
Step 2. Select Unlock Android Screen tool
We provide 2 options for you, and to unlock screen, you should select "Unlock Android Screen".
Step 3. Select device model
There are still 2 buttons to choose, "100% Remove Screen Lock" is for most Android brands, but please back your device up before you pick it.
Check the brands list and make sure your unlock process keeps.
Step 4. Enter into Recovery Mode
Then follow the instructions on the program to get the Android phone into Recovery Mode. Here we take 3 different models of Samsung phones as example. (Note: Processes are different according to different brands).
Recovery Mode in Samsung Phone with Bixby
Recovery Mode in Samsung Phone without Bixby
Recovery Mode in Samsung Phone with Home Button
Step 5. Instructions to Erase Cache Partition
Steps in Recovery Mode are really important, find the correct options and your locked screen will be removed.
Now it's a phone everyone can access without password or pattern.
Part 3: How to Back up My Phone Easily?
As we all know, unlocking a lock screen password involves a hard reset, which can delete your user data. Therefore, you must back up your files before hard resetting.
There are several tools available to back up your files. You can use Google or your phone manufacturer's cloud services to back up your file. However, none of them are secure enough. So, we suggest Dr.Fone-Phone Backup have a secure and reliable backup experience. Dr.Fone lets you choose the files you need and back them up. Moreover, you can restore those files to your phone once it gets unlocked.
The Bottom Line
Getting locked out of your phone can be frustrating, especially if you need an important file from it. However, there are solutions to get over this issue and unlock the password for phone. This article contains all you need to unlock your device and return it to be normal. Moreover, if you don't want to lose your data, give Dr.Fone a try. It is currently the best unlocking and backup tool in the market.
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password
- 2.1 Hack Android Wifi Password
- 2.2 Reset Android Gmail Password
- 2.3 Show Wifi Password
- 2.4 Reset Android Password
- 2.5 Forgot Android Screen Password
- 2.6 Unlock Android Password Without Factory Reset
- 3.7 Forgot Huawei Password
- 3. Bypass Samsung FRP
- 1. Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for Both iPhone and Android
- 2. Best Way to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset
- 3. 9 FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account
- 4. Bypass Factory Reset on Android
- 5. Bypass Samsung Google Account Verification
- 6. Bypass Gmail Phone Verification
- 7. Solve Custom Binary Blocked