7 Simple and Effective Ways to Unlock a Locked Phone
“How to get into a locked phone? I have been locked out of my Android device and lost my passcode!”
If you are also facing the same issue, then you have come to the right place. There are plenty of ways to learn how to get into a locked Android phone when it comes to Android devices. From using a third-party tool to Google’s native solution – the sky is the limit. This post will make you familiar with different ways to unlock a device without knowing its passcode. Read on and learn how to get into a locked Android device.
- Part 1: Get into a locked phone by unlocking Android with Dr.Fone
- Part 2: Remove a phone lock with Android Device Manager
- Part 3: How to get into a locked phone with Samsung Find My Mobile?
- Part 4: Unlock your Android using the 'Forgot Pattern' feature
- Part 5: Get into a locked phone by factory reset
- Part 6: Get into a locked phone in Safe Mode
- Part 7: Get into a locked phone using Custom Recovery
- Bonus Tip: General tips for unlocking phone successfully
Part 1: How to get into a locked phone with Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android) provides a hassle-free solution to unlock an Android device in minutes. It can remove a device’s PIN, password, pattern, and even fingerprint security without causing any harm to it. Therefore, you would be able to unlock your device without losing your data while using Samsung or LG Android phones. If you want to break the locked screen with Dr.Fone from other brand phones, including iPhone, Huawei, and Oneplus, it will wipe out your phone's data after unlocking successfully.
Get into Locked Phones within Minutes
- 4 screen lock types are available: pattern, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- Easily remove the lock screen; No need to root your device.
- Everybody can handle it without any technical background.
- Provide specific removal solutions to promise good success rate
To learn how to get into a locked phone using Dr.Fone, follow these steps:
Step 1. Go to the official website of Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android) and download the tool on your computer. After installing it, launch the interface and click on the option of “Screen Unlock” from the home screen.
Step 2. Connect your Android device to the computer. Click "Android" > "Unlock Android Screen" and select the device brand on the list. If your device is listed in the supported list, you can unlock locked phone without data loss.
Step 3. Now, you need to put your Android device in Download mode. To do this, you need to turn your device off by pressing the Power button. Afterward, press the Home, Power, and Volume Down buttons together. After a while, let go of these buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
Step 4. As soon as your device is not in the Download Mode, Dr.Fone will automatically start downloading its respective recovery packages.
Step 5. Sit back and wait as the application downloads the package and performs the required steps to unlock your device. In the end, it will notify you by displaying the following message.
That’s it! By following these steps, you would be able to learn how to get into a locked Android phone without losing any data.
Tips: Cannot find your device model in the supported list or your phone is not Samsung? Worry not, as Wondershare Dr.Fone can also help you to unlock other device models (inlcluding Huawei, LG, Xiaomi, etc) in a matter of seconds. Just install this tool on your computer and connect your phone to start the unlock process!
Part 2: How to get into a locked phone with Android Device Manager?
Google’s Android Device Manager (also known as Find My Device) can be used to locate a lost phone, erase it remotely, ring it, and change its lock. You can access it from any other device and use its features remotely.
Step 1. Firstly, go to the Android Device Manager’s website right here. Log in with the Google account that is already linked to your Android device.
Step 2. Once the interface is loaded, you can select your phone. It will locate the device automatically and provide various options.
Step 3. Choose the “Lock” option to proceed.
Step 4. This will display a new prompt. From here, you can get the new password for your device and confirm it.
Step 5. Additionally, if your device is lost, you can display an optional message and contact number on the lock screen. Click on the “Lock” button to save changes and exit the screen.
Part 3: How to get into a locked phone with Samsung Find My Mobile?
If you are using a Samsung device, you can also use its Find My Mobile service to unlock your device remotely. It is an excellent tool that can be accessed remotely and perform a wide range of operations that can be performed on the device. Follow these easy instructions to learn how to get into a locked Android Samsung device.
Step 1. Open Samsung’s Find My Mobile website right here on any device of your choice.
Step 2. Login using the credentials of the Samsung account linked to your existing device that is needed to be unlocked.
Step 3. On its dashboard, you can access various features associated with your device. If you have multiple devices linked to your account, you can select it from the top-left panel.
Step 4. From the provided options on the left panel, click on the “Unlock My Screen” option.
Step 5. Click on the “Unlock” button again to move past the lock screen of your device.
Step 6. After waiting for a while, you will get the following prompt. From here, you can set up a new lock for your mobile or can click on the “Lock My Screen” option to do the same.
Part 4: How to get into a locked phone using the 'Forgot Pattern' feature?
If your device is based on Android 4.4 and earlier versions, you may also use its native “Forgot Pattern” feature to unlock it. Though, you should have access to the Google account credentials linked to the device beforehand. To learn how to get into a locked phone with this technique, follow these steps:
Step 1. To get the Forgot Pattern option, enter the wrong PIN/pattern on your device.
Step 2. This will display the “Forgot Pattern” button on the bottom of the screen. Just tap on it to continue.
Step 3. On the next screen, you can unlock your device by providing the backup PIN of your device or sign in using the Google credentials of the account linked to the device.
Step 4. After bypassing this feature, you can unlock your device and set up a new PIN or pattern.
Part 5: How to get into a locked phone by factory reset?
If nothing else seems to work, then you can also choose to factory reset your device. Even though this will unlock your device, it would also erase its content and saved settings. To know how to get into a locked Android phone, follow these steps:
Step 1. Turn off your device by pressing the Power button.
Step 2. Now, you need to put your device into recovery mode. This can be done by applying the correct key combinations, which can differ from one device to another. Some common combinations are: Volume Up + Home + Power, Home + Power, Volume Up + Power + Volume Down, and Volume Down + Power button.
Step 3. Once your phone has entered the recovery mode; you can navigate with the Volume up and down button and use the Power button to make a selection.
Step 4. Select the option of “wipe data/factory reset.”
Step 5. This will display the following prompt. Confirm your choice by selecting the “Yes” option.
Step 6. Wait for a while as your phone will be restarted with factory settings.
Part 6: How to get into a locked phone in Safe Mode?
If you are using a third-party application to lock your device, you can easily disable it by restarting your phone in safe mode. In this way, you can get rid of the respective app without causing any damage to the device. You can learn how to get into a locked Android phone by following these steps:
Step 1. Long-press the Power button to activate the Power option on the screen.
Step 2. If you don’t get the option to restart the phone in Safe Mode, then long tap the “Power off” option.
Step 3. It will provide the following prompt regarding Safe Mode. Just tap on the “Ok” button to confirm your choice.
Part 7: How to get into a locked phone using Custom Recovery?
Since custom recovery provides a third-party recovery environment, it can learn how to get into a locked Android device. Additionally, you need to flash it via an SD card since you won’t access the phone storage on a locked device.
Step 1. To start with, you need to download the password/pattern disable file from right here and copy it onto your SD card.
Step 2. Mount the SD card on your device and restart it in recovery mode by providing the correct key combinations.
Step 3. From the provided options, choose to install zip from the SD card.
Step 4. Confirm your selection and let your phone be restarted with no lock screen.
Bonus Tip: General tips for unlocking phone successfully
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of successfully unlocking your phone while safeguarding your data and security.
- Data Backup: Regularly back up your data that ensures you have a recent backup of all your important data, such as contacts, photos, videos, and documents. This will prevent data loss in case the unlocking process results in a factory reset.
- Reputable Methods: Use reputable and official unlocking methods whenever possible, such as Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock.
By following these simple steps, you would learn how to get into a locked phone. If you are looking for a trouble-free way to unlock an Android device, then give Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock a try. It is a highly reliable solution to learn how to get into a locked Android phone and unlock your device in minutes with no complications.
- Android Password Lock
- 1. Reset Lock Screen Password
- 2. Ways to Unlock Android Phone
- 3. Unlock Wi-Fi Networks
- 4. Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 5. Unlock Android Phone Password
- 6. Unlock Android Without Password
- Android Pattern Lock
- Android Pin/Fingerprint Lock
- 1. Unlock Android Fingerprint Lock
- 2. Recover a Locked Device
- 3. Remove Screen Lock PIN
- 4. Enable or Disable Screen Lock PIN
- Android Screen Lock
- 1. Android Lock Screen Wallpapers
- 2. Lock Screen Settings
- 3. Customize Lock Screen Widgets
- 4. Apps to Reinvent Your Android
- 5. Lock Screen Wallpaper on Android
- 6. Unlock Android with Broken Screen
- Android Screen Unlock
- 1. Android Device Manager Unlock
- 2. Unlocking Android Phone Screen
- 3. Bypass Android Face Lock
- 4. Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 5. Bypass Lock Screen By Emergency Call
- 6. Remove Synced Google Account
- 7. Unlock Android without Data Loss
- 8. Unlock Phone without Google Account
- 9. Unlock Android phone
- 10. Reset a Locked Android Phone
- 11.Turn On and Use Smart Lock
- 12.Best 10 Unlock Apps For Android
- Android SIM Unlock
- 1. Easily Unlock Android SIM
- 2. 5 Android Unlock Software
- 3. Carrier Unlock Phone to Use SIM
- 4. Change Android Imei without Root
- 5. How to Change SIM PIN on Android
- 6. Best Unlocked Android Phones
- Android Unlock Code
- 1. Lock Apps to Protect Information
- 2. Unlock Secret Features on Phone
- 3. Android SIM Unlock Code Generator
- 4. Ways to Sim Unlock Phone
- 5. Remove Sim Lock without Code
- 6. Updated Android Factory Reset Code
- Google FRP Bypass