Easy Way to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8
- Part 1: What is Bootloader?
- Part 2: Reasons to Unlock the Bootloader on Huawei P8
- Part 3: How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8
- Part 4: Backup Your Huawei P8 before Unlocking Bootloader
A bootloader is an executable code that starts running before any operating system begins its function. The concept of the functionality of the bootloader is universal and applies to every operating system that runs on a computer, laptop, smartphone, and any other devices that require an operating system. The bootloader is a package that consist the necessary instructions to boot the operating system kernel along with debugging or modification environment. The functionality of the bootloader is dependent on processor detail because it begins functioning before any other software starts to operate on the device. Furthermore, the boot loader changes according to the motherboard in the instrument. It is one among the primary reasons that all the Android phones have custom ROMs due to the difference in the processing hardware on the device.
The bootloader for Android is different for different hardware because of the changing specifications that a manufacturer incorporates in a device. For instance, Motorola embedded "eFuse" command into the bootloader of their Android phones that permanently switches off the device in case a user tries to flash the hardware to a custom ROM.
Manufacturers lock the bootloader to ensure that the users stick to the Android version designed for the devices even though Android is an open source OS. It is impossible for a user to flash virtually a custom ROM due to the locked bootloader. Additionally, forced attempts of unlocking the bootloader voids guarantee, and there is a possibility that the device turns into a brick. It is, therefore, important to follow a sequential procedure to unlock the device to avoid hardships in the future.
A simple explanation to the question is really simple - unlocking the bootloader on the P8 device will give access to rooting the device and flashing custom ROM. Unlocking the bootloader will provide access to the stock Android operating system and the ability to install custom firmware on the device.
The following is a guide that describes systematic procedure on how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P8 device. It is important to read every line carefully and acknowledge that the process involves flashing the custom ROM that will void the warranty.
Things to remember:
- • The guide is only for Huawei P8.
- • Users familiar with Fastboot on Linux or Mac can also carry out the procedure to unlock the bootloader.
- • It is important to backup all the data on the phone before proceeding with the process.
- • Huawei P8
- • USB cable
- • Android SDK with driver
Step 1: To begin the process of unlocking the bootloader, it is important to receive a specific unlock code from the manufacturer. Write an email to Huawei to get the specific unlock code. The email contains the device's serial number, product ID, and IMEI. Send the email to email@example.com.
Step 2: It takes about few hours or two days to receive a reply from the manufacturer. The response will contain the unlock code that will be helpful in unlocking the bootloader on the P8 device.
Step 3: The next step involves downloading the Android SDK/Fastboot from the Internet.
Install the necessary USB drivers in order to connect the device to the computer.
Step 4: Download Fastboot and extract the contents to the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory.
Step 5: Before connecting the device to the computer, it is important to create a backup of the data. After completing the backup process, switch off the device.
Step 6: Enter bootloader/Fastboot mode on Huawei P8 by pressing volume up, volume down, and power button synchronically for a few seconds until the screen displays some text. The device now enters the bootloader mode allowing communication between the Fastboot and the phone.
Step 7: Navigate to android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory and open command prompt window by selecting Shift+Right click.
Step 8: Type the following command in the command prompt window and press enter
fastboot oem unlock CODE*
*Replace the CODE with the unlock code sent by the manufacturer
Step 9: Follow the on-screen instructions that appear on the device to confirm bootloader unlocking and wiping all data from the device.
Step 10: After completion of erasing the data, Huawei P8 reboots automatically. It is also possible to reboot the phone by entering the following command at the phone does not reboot by self.
The Huawei P8 now has the unlocked bootloader, giving the user the ability to install a custom recovery, any system tweak, or a custom ROM according to the necessity.
Unlocking the bootloader can sometimes cause unexpected results to your phone. It's advisable to backup all data on your phone before you get started. Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (Android) is one of the best software to backup and restore Huawei P8 flexibly. The ease of use offered by this software makes it one of the top choices. It is supported on a lot of different platforms and is compatible with a wide array of mobile phones.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to computer with one click.
- Preview and restore backup to any Android devices.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export or restore.
The following is a step-by-step procedure to back up Huawei P8.
1. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Launch Dr.Fone and select Phone Backup.
2. Connect Huawei P8 to computer using an USB cable. Once the phone is connected, click on Backup.
3. Then Dr.Fone will display all supported file types. Select the files you need and click Backup to start backup the files to computer.
4. Just in a few minutes, the backup will be completed.
If you have already completed the unlocking procedure of bootloader of Huawei P8, you would be able to retrieve the backup created before the process by connecting the device to the computer through the USB cable. Choose Restore and select the recent backup file. After successful completion, the device functions efficiently and possesses the entire data that you stored earlier.
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password