Best Way to Unlock Android Phone Forgot Password
Smartphones are mushrooming in today's world, and it is like everybody is using these kinds of phones. Android phones are the most popular phone used by millions of users across the globe. As an Android user, I am sure you are keen to protect the data on your phone or preventing an unauthorized person from using it. One method to protect your phone data is to lock your phone screen. This is a good feeling since you will be the only one accessing your phone since you may not share the password with your child or even your spouse.
Unfortunately, this usually ends up forgetting the Android lock password. You may enter all the passwords you know, and your phones get locked. What will you do? In this article, we will show 3 ways to unlock Android forgotten passwords safely.
- Way 1. How to Unlock Forgotten Password in Android Phones
- Way 2. Use "Forgot Pattern" to Unlock Android (Android 4.0)
- Way 3. Factory Reset Your Android and Remove Password
Dr.Fone is an all-in-one tool that allows you to completely recover lost files from your Android device and unlock Android forgotten passwords. This cross-platform software can unlock a phone in which you forgot the Android password. This inbuilt feature allows you to remove the Android forgotten password while safeguarding your Android device's data files. Above all, as the best phone unlocking software, it is cost-effective and easy to use.
- It can remove 4 screen lock types - pattern lock, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- No tech knowledge asked everybody can handle it.
- Work for Samsung Galaxy S/Note/Tab series, LG G2/G3/G4, Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, etc.
Attention: When you use it to unlock Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomi, the only sacrifice is that you will lose all the data after unlocking.
Well, in a few minutes, you will unlock your Android phone's forgot password with ease. First, download Dr.Fone and install it on your computer. Thereafter launch it and follow these steps.
Step 1. Select the "Screen Unlock" option
Once you have opened the program, select the "Screen Unlock" option directly. Next, connect your Android-locked phone and click on the "Unlock Android screen" button on the program window.
Step 2. Set Your Phone to Download Mode
To set your phone to download mode, you will have to follow the prompts on the screen. Firstly, you will need to Power off your Phone. Secondly, Press on volume down, home button, and power button simultaneously. Thirdly press the Volume up until the phone enters Download mode.
Step 3. Download Package Recovery
When the device detects that the phone is in "Download mode," it will then download the recovery package within minutes.
Step 4. Start Removing Android Password
After a complete download recovery package, the program will then remove the password screen lock successfully. You will have to confirm if your Android phone has a screen lock. This method is safe and secure, and all your data will be protected.
You can watch the video below about unlock your Android Phone, and you can explore more from Wondershare Video Community.
There are several ways that you can reset Android after you forgot your password. You can reset using a google account or perform a factory reset.
This feature is available on Android 4.0 and older versions. So if you are using Android 5.0 and above, you can opt for a factory reset.
Step 1. Enter the wrong pin on your android phone five times.
Step 2. Next, tap on "Forgot Password." If it is a pattern, you will see "Forgot Pattern."
Step 3. It will then prompt you to add your Google account username and password.
Step 4. Bravo! You can now reset your password.
If you are not successful with the above method, you can opt to perform a factory reset. This method should be the last option since you will lose data that has not been sync to your Google Account. It is wise to remove your SD card before performing the Android reset.
Step 1. Turn off your Android forgot password phone and remove your SD card, if any.
Step 2. Now press the Home button+Volume Up and Power button simultaneously on Samsung and Alcatel phones until it enters recovery mode. For Android phones like HTC, you can achieve this by pressing the Power button +Volume up button only.
Step 3. Use the power button to enter the recovery mode. From there, press the power button and release and then use the Volume button to enter the Android recovery.
Step 4. Use Volume keys to scroll to the Wipe Data/factory reset option and then use the power button to select this mode.
Step 5. Under Wipe Data/factory reset, select "Yes" and then reboot your android device.
Once your phone is powered on, you can do the settings and set another password, pin, or pattern for your lock screen.
To conclude, when you have an Android Password forgot the phone at hand, it is advisable to perform Android password recovery using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android). This software is fast, safe and ensures that your data is intact. However, the immediate Android password recovery method is resetting using Google Account.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password