Unlocking Your Android Phone: 6 Proven Ways to Regain Access When You Forget the Password
Smartphones are mushrooming in today's world, and it is like everybody is using these kinds of phones. Android phones are the most popular phone used by millions of users across the globe. As an Android user, I am sure you are keen to protect the data on your phone or prevent an unauthorized person from using it. One method to protect your phone data is to lock your phone screen. This is a good feeling since you will be the only one accessing your phone since you may not share the password with your child or even your spouse.
Unfortunately, this usually ends up forgetting the Android lock password. You may enter all the passwords you know, and your phones get locked. What will you do? In this article, we will learn how to unlock Android forgotten passwords in six ways.
You can watch the video above about how to unlock your Android Phone, and you can explore more from Wondershare Video Community.
- Way 1: Try Face or Fingerprint to Unlock Android Phone
- Way 2: Unlock Forgotten Password in Android Phones Using Screen Unlock Tool (Android 2.1 or newer)
- Way 3: Use Google Find My Device to Remotely Unlock Your Android Phone (Android 5 or newer)
- Way 4: Reset Your Android and Remove the Password Using "Forgot Pattern" (Android 4.4 or lower)
- Way 5: Factory Reset Your Android and Remove Password (Losing data)
- Way 6: Unlock Samsung Phone with Samsung's Find My Mobile
- FAQs About Android Unlock
Way 1: Try Face or Fingerprint to Unlock Android Phone
If you've forgotten your Android phone's password, the best way to unlock it is to use your device's built-in biometric authentication features, such as face unlock or fingerprint unlock.
Face unlock uses your device's front-facing camera to recognize your face and unlock your phone. And fingerprint unlock uses your device's fingerprint scanner to recognize your fingerprint and unlock your phone. Both of these methods are very secure. And they can quickly and easily unlock your phone without having to remember your password.
However, you must use the face or fingerprint unlock correctly on your Android phone. The tips below can prove helpful:
- Step 1: Make sure your face or fingerprint is registered correctly on the device.
- Step 2: Make sure the lighting is adequate and your face is clearly visible.
- Step 3: Make sure the distance between your face and the camera is not too far.
- Step 4: Make sure your finger is clean and dry before putting it on the fingerprint sensor.
- Step 5: Try to use the same angle and position of your face or fingerprint every time.
- Step 6: Try to use the same lighting conditions each time you use the face or fingerprint unlock.
- Step 7: Make sure your device is up to date with the latest security patches.
- Step 8: Make sure that your device is not rooted or running any custom ROMs.
If you are still unable to unlock your device, you may need to follow the solutions below.
Way 2. Unlock Forgotten Password in Android Phones Using Dr.Fone Screen Unlock (Android)
The Best Tool to Unlock Android Phone Forgot Password Without Any Hassle!
- Completely unlinked from the previous Google account, it won’t be traced or blocked by it anymore.
- Remove all Android screen locks (PIN/pattern/fingerprints/face ID) in minutes.
- Bypass Android FRP lock without a PIN or Google account.
- Provide specific removal solutions to promise good success rate.
Dr.Fone is an all-in-one tool that allows you to completely recover lost files from your Android device and unlock Android forgotten passwords. This cross-platform software can unlock a phone on which you forgot the Android password. This inbuilt feature allows you to remove the Android forgotten password while safeguarding your Android device's data files. Above all, as the best phone unlocking software, it is cost-effective and easy to use.
- It can remove 4 screen lock types - pattern lock, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- No tech knowledge asked everybody can handle it.
- Work for Samsung Galaxy S/Note/Tab series, LG G2/G3/G4, Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, etc.
Attention: When you use it to unlock Huawei, Lenovo, and Xiaomi, the only sacrifice is that you will lose all the data after unlocking.
Well, in a few minutes, you will unlock your Android phone's forgotten password with ease. First, download Dr.Fone and install it on your computer. Thereafter launch it and follow these steps.
Step 1. Select the Unlock Android Screen Option
Once you have opened the program, select the "Screen Unlock" option directly. Next, connect your Android-locked phone and click on the "Unlock Android screen" button on the program window.
Step 2. Enter Download Mode
You will need to put your device into Download Mode for unlocking. Depending on your device's brand and model, the instructions for doing so may vary.
Step 3. Observe the Unlock Process
The screen displays the progress of unlocking, downloading drivers and configuration files. Once the entire process is complete, you will be able to access yours forgot password Android device without having to enter any passwords.
Way 3: Use Google Find My Device to Remotely Unlock Your Android Phone
You can use Google Find My Device to unlock your Android phone remotely with another Android phone. All you need is the Google account and its password bound to unlock Android phone forgotten password.
Note: You must have enabled Find My Device on your device before proceeding.
- Step 1: Open the Find My Device app or visit android/find.
- Step 2: Sign into your Google account.
- Step 3: You can select the device you want to unlock and tap on the "Unlock" button.
- Step 4: Your device will then be unlocked.
Please remember that this feature is only available for Android 5 and above in case Android forgot password.
Way 4: Reset Your Android and Remove the Password Using "Forgot Pattern" (Android 4.0)
There are several ways that you can reset Android after you forgot your password. You can reset using a google account or perform a factory reset.
This feature is available on Android 4.0 and older versions. So if you are using Android 5.0 and above, you can opt for the Screen Unlock tool or other ways as mentioned in this article.
- Step 1. Enter the wrong pin on your android phone five times.
- Step 2. Next, tap on "Forgot Password." If it is a pattern, you will see "Forgot Pattern."
- Step 3. It will then prompt you to add your Google account username and password.
- Step 4. Bravo! You can now reset your password.
Way 5: Factory Reset Your Android and Remove Password
If you are not successful with the above method, you can opt to perform a factory reset. This method should be the last option since you will lose data that has not been synced to your Google Account. It is wise to remove your SD card before performing the Android reset.
You can unlock your Android phone, i.e., Samsung, Oppo, or Vivo, by factory resetting it with these steps:
- Step 1. Turn off your Android phone.
- Step 2. Hold the Volume (-) and Power/Side buttons simultaneously.
- Step 3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power button and hold the Volume Down button.
- Step 4. Use the Volume (-) button for the "wipe data/factory reset" option. Then press the Power/Side button to confirm.
- Step 5. Tap the "Yes – delete all user data" option and the Power button to confirm.
- Step 6. After the reset, select "reboot system now" and tap the Power/Side button to restart your device.
- Step 7. Your phone will now be unlocked, and the password will be removed.
Way 6: Unlock Samsung Phone with Samsung's Find My Mobile
The best way to unlock Android forgot password on Samsung is to use Samsung's Find My Mobile service. This service allows you to remotely unlock your device, reset the lock screen password, and even disable the lock screen altogether.
- Step 1: To use this service, you must first log into your Samsung account on a computer or mobile device;
- Step 2: Once logged in, you can locate your device, select the "Unlock" option;
- Step 3: Enter your new password. Once unlocked, you can access your device with your new password.
Bonus Tips: Easily bypass Google FRP on Android with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android). It effortlessly resolves issues like lost Google accounts, forgotten PIN codes, and unlocking used phones. Supported brands include Samsung, Xiaomi, Redmi, Oppo, Realme, and Vivo. Get detailed device-specific guides for Xiaomi/Redmi/OPPO/Realme/Vivo and Samsung phones.
FAQs About Android Unlock
1. Is there any universal code to unlock the Android phone?
No, there is no universal code for unlocking Android phones. They are different from stable SIM pins. Due to mobile device security, only users themselves can set up a unique password on their Android phone. So, it’s impossible to unlock an Android phone with a so-called universal code.
2. How to reset your Android phone password after the unlock?
- Step 1: Open your Samsung phone and go to the Settings menu.
- Step 2: Select the Lock Screen and Security options.
- Step 3: Select Screen Lock Type.
- Step 4: Select the Password option.
- Step 5: Enter your current password, then tap Continue.
- Step 6: Enter your new password twice, then tap OK.
- Step 7: Your new password will now be in effect.
3. Don’t you have face or fingerprint unlock? Let’s set them up.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
- Step 2: Tap on the "Lock Screen" option.
- Step 3: Select "Screen Lock Type."
- Step 4: Choose the "Fingerprints" or "Face unlock" option.
- Step 5: Follow the instructions on your screen to set up the desired unlock feature.
- Step 6: When you're finished, you'll be able to unlock your phone using either your fingerprint or your face.
4. How to unlock an Android phone without data loss?
There are several ways how to unlock Android phones without data loss. One of the most recommended ways is that you can set up the method to unlock with a fingerprint or face. Because it has an official guarantee, and you don’t need professional skills. Moreover, if your phone has Android version 4.0 or even older, unlocking your phone via "Forgot Pattern' will also help you finish the goal.
The methods discussed above in Way 1 or Way 2 can guide you better into unlocking your device using this tool.
To conclude, when you have an Android Password forgot the phone at hand, this guide can offer you several useful perspectives. However, it is advisable to perform Android password recovery using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android). This software is fast, safe, and ensures that you have a better phone experience.
- Android Password Lock
- 1. Reset Lock Screen Password
- 2. Ways to Unlock Android Phone
- 3. Unlock Wi-Fi Networks
- 4. Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 5. Unlock Android Phone Password
- 6. Unlock Android Without Password
- Android Pattern Lock
- Android Pin/Fingerprint Lock
- 1. Unlock Android Fingerprint Lock
- 2. Recover a Locked Device
- 3. Remove Screen Lock PIN
- 4. Enable or Disable Screen Lock PIN
- Android Screen Lock
- 1. Android Lock Screen Wallpapers
- 2. Lock Screen Settings
- 3. Customize Lock Screen Widgets
- 4. Apps to Reinvent Your Android
- 5. Lock Screen Wallpaper on Android
- 6. Unlock Android with Broken Screen
- Android Screen Unlock
- 1. Android Device Manager Unlock
- 2. Unlocking Android Phone Screen
- 3. Bypass Android Face Lock
- 4. Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 5. Bypass Lock Screen By Emergency Call
- 6. Remove Synced Google Account
- 7. Unlock Android without Data Loss
- 8. Unlock Phone without Google Account
- 9. Unlock Android phone
- 10. Reset a Locked Android Phone
- 11.Turn On and Use Smart Lock
- 12.Best 10 Unlock Apps For Android
- Android SIM Unlock
- 1. Easily Unlock Android SIM
- 2. 5 Android Unlock Software
- 3. Carrier Unlock Phone to Use SIM
- 4. Change Android Imei without Root
- 5. How to Change SIM PIN on Android
- 6. Best Unlocked Android Phones
- Android Unlock Code
- 1. Lock Apps to Protect Information
- 2. Unlock Secret Features on Phone
- 3. Android SIM Unlock Code Generator
- 4. Ways to Sim Unlock Phone
- 5. Remove Sim Lock without Code
- 6. Updated Android Factory Reset Code
- Google FRP Bypass
- 1. Guide on TECNO k7 FRP Bypass
- 2. Bypass Google Account Verification
- 3. Bypassing Google FRP Lock
- 4. Bypass Google FRP Lock On Phones
- 5. Bypass OPPO FRP
- 6. Bypass Google Pixel FRP
- 7. Huawei Bypass FRP Tools for PC
- 8. Bypass Samsung Galaxy A50 FRP
- 9. Bypass Samsung S22 Ultra FRP
- Unlock Bricked Phone