How to Unlock an Android Phone with Broken Screen
Seeing as the only way to control your android device is the touch screen, a broken device can cause you a lot of worries. Most people think that there is no way to get their device to work again let alone be able to unlock it if the screen is broken or cracked. It is, however, important to find a way to unlock the broken device so that you can gain access to your data and create a backup to restore to a new device.
In this article, we are going to look at a few simple ways you can unlock an Android device with a broken screen.
- Method 1: Using Android Debug Bridge on a PC
- Method 2: Using a USB Mouse and the On the Go Adapter
- Method 3: Using your Samsung Account
Here is a video for you to learn how to unlock Android phone or access phone with broken screen:
For this method, you will need your device and access to a PC. It is the most powerful method to unlock a broken Android device. It will however only work if you have enabled USB debugging on your android phone. If you haven’t, skip this method and see if method 2 or 3 might be of help.
ADB creates a bridge between the PC and your device which can then be used to unlock the device. Here’s how to use this bridge.
Step 1: Download the Android SDK package on your PC. You can download it here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html. Extract the ZIP file on your PC.
Step 2: Download the necessary drivers for your device. The USB drivers for your device can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
Step 3: Launch Command Prompt on your PC and change the location of the ADB file. Type in the following into Command Prompt; cd C:/android/platform-tools
Step 4: Connect the device to your PC using USB cables. Enter the command “ ADB device” (without quotation marks). If your phone is recognized, you will see numbers in the Command Prompt message.
Step 5: Type in the following two commands. You will need to type in the second one immediately after the first. Replace 1234 with your password.
ADB shell input text 1234
Shell input key event 66
Step 6: Your phone will now be unlocked and you can proceed to back up its contents.
The Best Tool to Reset Phones Without Android Factory Reset Codes
- It enables your Android phones to get safe, simple, and trustful after reset.
- It is still helpful even though you don't know the OS version of your devices.
- Everybody can handle it without any technical background.
- Provide specific removal solutions to promise good success rate.
This is a great solution if you don’t have USB debugging enabled on your device. You will need your device, an OTG adapter and a USB mouse. It involves connecting the device to the USB mouse using the OTG adapter. Check if your device can be connected to a USB mouse. You can find an OTG adapter online, they are relatively inexpensive and very useful.
Before we begin, it is a good idea to ensure your device is sufficiently charged because the Mouse may drain your battery.
Step 1: Connect the Micro USB side of the OTG adapter to your device and then plug in the USB mouse to the adapter.
Step 2: As soon as the devices are connected, you will be able to see a pointer on your screen. You can then use the pointer to unlock the pattern or enter the device’s password lock.
You can then go about backing up the contents of your device.
This method is a reliable way to unlock a Samsung device that has a broken screen or is not working correctly. While it is highly effective you will need to have a Samsung account registered with your device. The problem is that not many Samsung device users have registered their devices with the service. If you are among the lucky few who have, here’s how to use your account to unlock your device.
Step 1: Visit the https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do on your PC or any other device and log in with your account information.
Step 2: Select your device from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
Step 3: You should see the option “Unlock my screen” on the sidebar. Click on it and you will get instructions on how to access your device.
Being unable to unlock your device is never a good place to be. We hope one of the above solutions will work for you. You can then gain access to your device and back up the files and contacts. This way your life doesn’t have to be disrupted- you can just restore the backup on a new device or the old one once the screen is fixed.
- Android Password Lock
- 1. Reset Lock Screen Password
- 2. Ways to Unlock Android Phone
- 3. Unlock Wi-Fi Networks
- 4. Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 5. Unlock Android Phone Password
- 6. Unlock Android Without Password
- Android Pattern Lock
- Android Pin/Fingerprint Lock
- 1. Unlock Android Fingerprint Lock
- 2. Recover a Locked Device
- 3. Remove Screen Lock PIN
- 4. Enable or Disable Screen Lock PIN
- Android Screen Lock
- 1. Android Lock Screen Wallpapers
- 2. Lock Screen Settings
- 3. Customize Lock Screen Widgets
- 4. Apps to Reinvent Your Android
- 5. Lock Screen Wallpaper on Android
- 6. Unlock Android with Broken Screen
- Android Screen Unlock
- 1. Android Device Manager Unlock
- 2. Unlocking Android Phone Screen
- 3. Bypass Android Face Lock
- 4. Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 5. Bypass Lock Screen By Emergency Call
- 6. Remove Synced Google Account
- 7. Unlock Android without Data Loss
- 8. Unlock Phone without Google Account
- 9. Unlock Android phone
- 10. Reset a Locked Android Phone
- 11.Turn On and Use Smart Lock
- 12.Best 10 Unlock Apps For Android
- Android SIM Unlock
- 1. Easily Unlock Android SIM
- 2. 5 Android Unlock Software
- 3. Carrier Unlock Phone to Use SIM
- 4. Change Android Imei without Root
- 5. How to Change SIM PIN on Android
- 6. Best Unlocked Android Phones
- Android Unlock Code
- 1. Lock Apps to Protect Information
- 2. Unlock Secret Features on Phone
- 3. Android SIM Unlock Code Generator
- 4. Ways to Sim Unlock Phone
- 5. Remove Sim Lock without Code
- 6. Updated Android Factory Reset Code
- Google FRP Bypass
- 1. Guide on TECNO k7 FRP Bypass
- 2. Bypass Google Account Verification
- 3. Bypassing Google FRP Lock
- 4. Bypass Google FRP Lock On Phones
- 5. Bypass OPPO FRP
- 6. Bypass Google Pixel FRP
- 7. Huawei Bypass FRP Tools for PC
- 8. Bypass Samsung Galaxy A50 FRP
- 9. Bypass Samsung S22 Ultra FRP
- Unlock Bricked Phone
- 1. Restore Bricked Mobile Phone
- 2. Fix Motorola Bricked Phone
- 3. Fix Bricked Redmi Note
- 4. Unbrick Oneplus Easily
- 5. Unbrick Xiaomi Phone
- 6. Unbrick Huawei Phone
- 7. Unbrick Poco X3
- 8. Software to Unbrick Samsung
- 9. Unbrick 3DS
- 10. Unbrick PSP
- Android MDM