How to Reset Gmail Password on Android Devices
Nowadays, along with Windows or Apple devices, Android devices are starting to take its place as one of the most popular, reliable, and efficient technical equipment brands. As a result, the use of Android as an operating system for both PC and portable tools is becoming an extremely hot trend.
Android devices pride themselves on providing their customers with the best features possible. Not only do they support offline features, but Android devices are also capable of offering users with several services online. One of them is the ability to make use of Gmail - a very famous email site nowadays.
Gmail being used directly by an Android tool is a great advantage, but it still contains some small drawbacks that users may have to go through. According to a recent survey, the majority of Android users were likely to wonder if they were able to reset Gmail password on Android devices.
Luckily for you, this performance is possible. In this article, a very informative and detailed description will be delivered to you to help you solve the problem of resetting your Gmail password.
- Part 1: Reset Gmail Password When you Forget it
- Part 2: Change Gmail Password When You Still Know it
- Part 3: Bonus Tips
- Part 4: Video on How to Reset Gmail Password on Android Devices
Part 1: Reset Gmail Password When you Forget it
There will be times when you come into the situation of not knowing what your Gmail password is, or you just simply forget it. You want to change your password but you don't have access to a computer or laptop to perform this task. Now with the help of Android, you can do it through your own Android devices.
Step 1: Visit the Gmail login page from your Android device. Click on the Need helpline, which is highlighted in blue.
Step 2: After that, you will be moved to the Google Account Recovery page. There will be 3 main options which indicate 3 frequent problems. Select the first one, which is entitled "I don't know my password". Once you have chosen it, you will be required to fill in your Gmail address in the bar provided. Click on the Continue button as long as you have made sure to finish all these tasks.
Step 3: In this step, you may be asked to fill in a CAPCHA form. Just simply do it and move to the next page. There you had better type in the last password that you are still able to recall if possible, then click on the Continue button to move. Or else, you can skip this step by clicking on I don't know button.
Step 4: Finally, you will be shown a list of options on how to reset your Gmail password on Android devices. You can either use your alternative email address or your phone number to receive a verification code. Bear in mind to fill in any required information and put a check in the CAPCHA box to submit the process.
Step 5: In this step, a blank bar will appear and it will demand you to type in your verification code. Just do it carefully to make sure there is no error. Once you have done it, a new screen will appear to tell you.
Step 6: After you have done all the previous steps, you will know how to reset your Gmail password directly from your Android device.
Part 2: Change Gmail Password When You Still Know it
Besides not knowing your password, there are still circumstances when you wish to change your current password for various reasons. Just simply follow these steps.
Step 1: Make sure your Android device is connected with the Internet. Then get access to the link myaccount.google.com. After logging into your account (or maybe you have already done this), scroll down, find the Sign-in and security option and choose it.
Step 2: Find the Password option in the list. Tap on it to be moved to another screen. In the menu, type in your new password that you wish to exchange, confirm it and then click on the Change password button.
Part 3: Bonus Tips
Gmail is undoubtedly a marvelous tool to use on Android devices, but have you really understood all the tips and tricks to take the best advantage of it? Below are the 5 most helpful tips that we want to offer you.
- Far from your imagination, Gmail on Android devices is capable of allowing you to make use of several accounts at the same time, even if it's not a Gmail account. This performance not only helps you to organize your work better, but it also increase the efficiency of your job. Just simply log in your Gmail account on Gmail app, click on the down arrow which is placed next to your avatar and name, then choose Add account. You will be moved to another page, choose Personal (IMAP/POP) choice and follow the detailed guide on the screen.
- If your Android device is used by only one user, and you are guaranteed about the security of it, try to keep the Gmail logged in. It would help you to avoid wasting unnecessary time to sign in your account every time you need, not to mention that it prevent you from being confused of not knowing your account/password.
- You are capable of sorting your mails with a certain level of accuracy once you are fully aware of the features of Gmail app on Android devices. Just click on the email, then choose Settings menu and mark it as "Mark as not important", "Mark important" or "Report to spam" owing to the priority of your email.
- Gmail app provided you with the ability to have conversations online, and whenever a message comes, there will be a sound. In case you are in a vital conference, or you don't want to be disturbed by the noise, you can mute it. All you have to do is to tap into the conversation, choose the three dots icon then click on the Mute option in the menu.
- Enhance the speed and the accuracy of your search with the use of certain phrases. Let's take an instance to see what Gmail can do for you in this case. If you want to search for the mails which have been sent by a certain person, typefrom:(name of the person on Gmail) in the searching bar. And in case you would love to look for a private message from that person, please type is:chat:(name of the person on Gmail) .
- Reset Android
- 1.1 Android Password Reset
- 1.2 Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 1.3 Hard Reset Huawei
- 1.4 Android Data Erase Software
- 1.5 Android Data Erase Apps
- 1.6 Restart Android
- 1.7 Soft Reset Android
- 1.8 Factory Reset Android
- 1.9 Reset LG Phone
- 1.10 Format Android Phone
- 1.11 Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- 1.12 Reset Android without Data Loss
- 1.13 Reset Tablet
- 1.14 Restart Android Without Power Button
- 1.15 Hard Reset Android Without Volume Buttons
- 1.16 Hard Reset Android Phone Using PC
- 1.17 Hard Reset Android Tablets
- 1.18 Reset Android Without Home Button
- Reset Samsung
- 2.1 Samsung Reset Code
- 2.2 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.3 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.4 Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
- 2.5 Reset Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2.6 Reset Samsung Tablet
- 2.7 Hard Reset Samsung
- 2.8 Reboot Samsung
- 2.9 Reset Samsung S6
- 2.10 Factory Reset Galaxy S5
- 2.11 Factory Reset Samsung Without Password
- 2.12 Factory Reset S9/S10 without Password
- 2.13 Factory Reset A12 without Password