How To Change Lock Screen Password?
Setting up a lock screen is a crucial step in protecting your phone's data. If you're not sure how to create one on your Android™ phone, we're here to help.
Your Android lock screen pin or password and your Google Account password are two passwords you use frequently. Keeping a good lock screen passcode is important.
Although you might not frequently enter your lock screen pin or password if you use a biometric unlocking method like fingerprint or facial recognition, it's still important to be familiar with it.
You'll need to reset your Google Account password if you forget it or become locked out for some other reason when you try to keep accessing all of your data. You might also need to change lock screen passcode from time to time.
How to Change/Set up Lock Screen Password:
Select Screen Lock Type under Settings > Lock Screen. From there, you may select from a variety of lock screen options:
Swipe: This lock type allows you to swipe in any direction on your screen to unlock your phone.
Pattern: If you opt to unlock your phone in this manner, you must create a pattern on a 3-by-3-dot grid.
Pin: A PIN lock is a four-digit code. Make sure you select a set of numbers that you can quickly recall.
Password: Your phone's highest level of security. Your password must be distinct, easily remembered, and include at least one letter and 7 characters.
Follow the setup instructions on-screen after selecting the security measure you prefer.
Additionally, you'll notice options to enable fingerprint or face biometric recognition features. Iris Scanner (S8/S8+) or Intelligent Scan (S9/S9+) may also be available on some older Samsung® models.
Face recognition: By holding your face directly in front of your phone's screen, you may unlock your phone and authenticate yourself in apps.
With fingerprints, you can quickly touch your finger to unlock your phone.
Iris: Check your eyes to make sure that only you can see the contents of your phone.
Intelligent Scan: A method of device unlocking that combines face and iris recognition technology.
Follow on-screen instructions if you decide to employ one of these sophisticated security technologies, or go to Settings > Biometrics and security for more customization choices.
How to look up saved passwords on my device?
The way that Google Chrome manages your usernames and passwords is excellent. But what if you want to log in to a particular website from another device but can't recall your password, and the website won't load the data for you? You may quickly obtain a list of all saved passwords by browsing through Chrome's settings, then manually keying it in.
You may access the passwords saved in the Google Chrome app on a Mac or PC because the app is connected to your Google account. Any passwords saved on your Android phone can easily be removed via the Chrome app.
How to Change your Password when you forget it?
1. Google Find My Device:
As you are likely aware, every Android device is connected to a Google account. As a result, if you'd like, you may use it to unlock Android as well. You'll need to know your Google account login information for this. When you're ready, use these instructions to find out how to unlock a phone password.
- Login in using your Google credentials by going to the official Google Find My Device website.
- You will see the gadgets connected to your Google account as you enter the interface, along with a map of where they are.
- To wipe the device, click the ERASE DEVICE option on the left side panel. You will then be required for your password.
- Once more, select "Erase." This will reset the device and get rid of the forgot pattern lock.
2. Using Recovery Mode:
Users of Android smartphones and tablets can troubleshoot various issues with their devices using a feature known as Android Recovery Mode. It might be helpful if you discover that your device is functioning strangely. Recovery Mode Android technically refers to a unique bootable partition with a recovery application installed inside it.
However, users can also use it to reset the android password if it is forgotten. The instructions for resetting android devices through recovery mode are different for every android device.
3. Forgot Password Feature (Android 4.4 and Lower):
In case you lose your pattern, PIN, or other passwords, older versions of Android, including Android 4.4 KitKat, have an integrated feature to let you continue using your device.
Enter an erroneous pattern or PIN five times on the lock screen to reveal this function. A button with the words "Forgot pattern," "Forgot PIN," or "Forgot password" will show up. Tap it. The username and password for the Google account connected to your Android smartphone will be required.
4. Using ADB:
Launch Recovery mode and restart the phone. Turn off your phone. Then to access the Bootloader, simultaneously press the Power button and the Volume Down key. Then select Recovery mode.
Use USB to connect the phone. You must have ADB set up on your computer. (ADB is part of the Android Developer Bundle)
Use the shell's following command to start
Rm /data/system/gesture.key using the adb shell
Turn the phone back on normally. Any pattern will unlock the screen, and you will be prompted to enter one.
Bonus Method: Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock
On most Android handsets, you can attempt Dr.Fone to unlock the screen lock easily. It allows you to delete the password, PIN, pattern, and fingerprint from an Android phone.
Step 1. Select Unlock Android Screen
Please select "Unlock Android Screen."
Step 2. Select device model
On this page, please choose the option fitting your phone.
Only when you select the right phone brand so the unlock process will go with success.
Step 3. Enter into Recovery Mode
Then go with the instructions for getting the Android phone into Recovery Mode. Here we show you examples of Samsung phones.
(Recovery Mode When the Samsung phone via Bixby)
(Recovery Mode When the Samsung phone via Bixby)
(Recovery Mode When the Samsung phone via Home button)
Step 4. Instructions to Wipe Cache Partition
On the page Recovery Mode, you'll see this interface to continue your unlock process.
Now you can access your Android device without entering any password after the unlock process is well done.
Any of the aforementioned methods can be used to overcome the obstacle of using your Android handset. The best thing about this article is that you only need some simple unlock ways to complete the tasks. Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock is the easiest way of restoring your device if you have a stuck password or fingerprint.
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password
- 2.1 Hack Android Wifi Password
- 2.2 Reset Android Gmail Password
- 2.3 Show Wifi Password
- 2.4 Reset Android Password
- 2.5 Forgot Android Screen Password
- 2.6 Unlock Android Password Without Factory Reset
- 3.7 Forgot Huawei Password
- 3. Bypass Samsung FRP
- 1. Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for Both iPhone and Android
- 2. Best Way to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset
- 3. 9 FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account
- 4. Bypass Factory Reset on Android
- 5. Bypass Samsung Google Account Verification
- 6. Bypass Gmail Phone Verification
- 7. Solve Custom Binary Blocked