How to Change/Add Location Filters on Snapchat [Android & iPhone]
Snapchat is an Android/iOS messaging app developed in 2011. Currently, this app is home to 350+ users who share photos, videos, audio, texts, emojis, GIFs, and documents. But one of the most exciting Snapchat features is allowing users to share locations, whether fake or real. For instance, you might want to protect your privacy or simply prank your friends with a new location. So, whichever the reasons, we'll show you how to add a location filter on Snapchat effortlessly. You'll also know how to add a fake location filter on Snapchat. Let's learn!
Part 1: What are Location Filters on Snapchat?
If you're an avid Snapchatter, you must have heard of "Snapchat Location Filters" before. So, what exactly is this? A Snapchat location filter or geofilter is simply a creative and interactive way to add a location to your posts. In a nutshell, Snapchat users can search and add a location filter to their video or photo before posting on the platform. Just think of it as a Snapchat location tag.
Having said that, Snapchat is famous for its myriad of filters, including geofilters. So, before sharing a post, you can choose an overlay design describing your location. Just remember that some places can have more filter options than others. So, keep reading to know how to get a location filter on Snapchat.
Part 2: How to enable/disable and share Location Filters on Snapchat posts?
First and foremost, creating a Snapchat location filter on Android or iPhone is super-duper easy. However, to share your location on Snapchat posts, you must activate this setting within the app. Also, enable the location service on your smartphone. On Android, open Settings > Location, whereas on iPhone, click Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
Here's how to enable or disable the Location Filter settings:
Step 1. Fire up Snapchat on your iPhone or Android phone and tap your Profile icon.
Step 2. Then, press the Settings button and find and press the Additional Services option.
Step 3. Lastly, tap Manage and then enable the Filters to toggle, and that's it!
Now that this setting is enabled on Snapchat, you can add your location filter effect. Follow me:
Step 1. Open Snapchat and take a video or a photo.
Step 2. Next, swipe the screen to the left until you find the location effect. Remember, Snapchat uses your actual GPS location.
Step 3. You can also tag a location on Snapchat by clicking the Sticker icon on the right rail. Then, tap the Location button and then choose your GPS location. Interestingly, you can spoof a location with this feature.
Step 4. Finally, customize your video further and then click Send To. Your selected location filter will be added to your Snapchat post.
Part 3: How to Change or Add a Fake Location on Snapchat Filters?
The thing is that Snapchat uses your phone's GPS or Wi-Fi connection to determine your actual location and add it to the location filter. Therefore, it's virtually impossible to spoof Snapchat's location unless you're using a VPN service.
Fortunately, you don't need those overpriced VPNs if you can get Dr.Fone. This smartphone utility program allows you to change your Snapchat location to anywhere in the world with a simple mouse click on your PC. In addition, you can simulate Snapchat location movements to make it look more realistic. And apart from Snapchat, you can spoof location on WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, etc.
So, without dilly-dallying much, here's how to fake a Snapchat location tag with Dr.Fone:
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
Here is the complete guide for you to refer to while you use the Dr.Fone - Virtual Location.
Step 1. First, grab a USB cable and connect your smartphone to the PC. Remember to enable "Transfer Files" on your phone.
Step 2. Next, install and run Dr.Fone on your computer. Then, tap the Virtual Location button on the home window, and tap Get Started.
Step 3. Now allow USB debugging on your Android phone before clicking Next on Dr.Fone. Don't know how to do that? Open Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options > USB debugging. Also, choose Dr.Fone as the mock location app.
Step 4. The Virtual Location map will launch immediately. Enter the GPS coordinates or location address on the field in the top-left corner and select the new location. If satisfied, press Move Here.
Step 5. Finally, open your Snapchat app, create a photo, and choose the location filter with your new location. It's that simple!
Part 4: FAQs about Snapchat
Q1: What is Ghost Mode on Snapchat?
Snapchat comes with an inbuilt Snap Map introduced in 2017. Besides sharing Snaps by the Our Story feature, Snap Maps lets other Snapchatters see your real-time location using Bitmojis. That said, the Ghost Mode makes you invisible on the Snap Map. In other words, no one can know where you are. Cool!
Q2: What are the differences between Ghost Mode and disabling Location Filters?
The Ghost Mode makes you invisible for a specific duration or until you disable it. To use this feature, you don't have to turn off the location feature on your smartphone. On the other hand, you just need to disable the Location Filters settings on Snapchat to turn off sharing your location tag on posts.
Q3: How accurate is the Snapchat map?
Very accurate! Snapchat uses your GPS coordinates to determine your actual location on the map. However, this map gives a location based on where you were last seen when you logged into the app. So, if you stay for long without opening the app, it won't update your location. But if you log in and your location service is enabled, this app will auto-update it.
Q4: How does Snapchat Get Information on Your Location?
While installing the Snapchat app and creating an account, the app will practically ask you to allow it to access your location. The app will use your phone's GPS coordinates to determine your actual location. Also, your Wi-Fi connection will tell Snapchat exactly where you are.
Q5: How to find someone on Ghost Mode on Snapchat?
Sometimes you might want to urgently find a friend on Snapchat when you are on Ghost Mode. To do that, deactivate Ghost Mode on Snapchat by clicking Profile > Settings > See My Location and disable Ghost Mode. Now open the Snap Map, and you'll see your location with a red Bitmoji. You'll also see your nearby friends with enabled Snapchat locations on the map. If you can't find them, tap the Search icon, choose or enter their name, and see them on the map or send a text.
Wrap it Up!
Now you have a complete idea of what the Snapchat location filter is. In short, it is simply a creative way to share your Snapchat location tag on a post. But because you can't spoof your location on Snapchat, I recommend using Dr.Fone to teleport your Snapchat location to anywhere in the world. This tool also works with other social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Telegram. Enjoy!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking