How to Uninstall YouTube on Redmi Note 12 Pro
All Android smartphones have various built-in apps people might not want to use. Some apps are used regularly, while others are constantly getting in the way, taking unnecessary storage space and using your phone’s resources. Many people don’t use YouTube and don’t need it.
This app can initially take up to 200 MB of space, but the required space can triple as time passes. That’s why many people want to eliminate YouTube on their Redmi Note and use alternative apps that offer them additional functionalities, like playing music while using another app.
Like most other pre-installed apps, YouTube doesn’t have an uninstall or remove button. However, if you want to learn how to uninstall youtube on Redmi Note 12 Pro and other Redmi devices, you’ve come to the right place.
Part 1. Why Uninstall YouTube From Redmi Note 12 Pro
There are several reasons you’d want to uninstall YouTube from your Redmi Note 12. Here is a couple of them:
You’re not using YouTube
Many people have found alternative apps that work better for them than YouTube. Why should you keep it on your phone if you’re not using something? Even if you’re not using an app, it can collect your data for ads and marketing purposes.
Free up valuable storage space
One of the main reasons most people want to uninstall youtube on Xiaomi is because it takes up valuable storage. YouTube collects user data even if you’re not using the app. Keeping an app that you don’t use is counterproductive, and you can free that up for other apps or data.
Let’s face it, people use many apps on their smartphones. Some are fun, and some are helpful and make everyone’s lives easier. Over time, people often have a dozen apps on their home screen, which can get quite messy. You don’t need another app you aren’t using cluttering your phone.
Part 2. How to Uninstall/Disable Apps Using MIUI
MIUI is Xiaomi’s unique user interface developed by the company. This interface is exclusively available on all Xiaomi devices, and apart from different visuals, settings, and functions, it even offers some exclusive apps. You can uninstall youtube in Redmi Note 12 Pro and other Redmi models.
How to uninstall youtube on Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro manually
This method doesn’t work often, but it’s worth the try.
- Step 1: Find the YouTube app on your phone, tap, and hold the icon.
- Step 2: Once you get the options, tap App Info>Uninstall>Ok.
- Step 3: If you don’t have the Uninstall button tap Uninstall updates>Clear data to limit the app’s resource usage.
Using MIUI Apps To Disable YouTube
You can use the Hidden Settings MIUI app on Google Play Store for this method. You will have to download and install the app.
- Step 1: Tap on Hidden Settings app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Step 2: Tap Manage Applications>App Info>YouTube.
- Step 3: Tap Disable icon after accessing YouTube App Info.
- Step 4: Tap Disable app to complete the process.
Part 3. How to Uninstall YouTube From Redmi Note 12 Pro Using ADB/Fastboot Tools (Without Root Access)
This method is a bit more technical but can help you uninstall YouTube on Xiaomi and all other pre-installed apps. You first need to download the ADB/Fastboot Tools and install them on your PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to Settings>About Phone>MIUI version option seven times to enable developer changes.
- Step 2: Tap Additional Settings in the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Tap Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Step 4: Connect your phone to the PC via USB and Allow USB debugging.
- Step 5: Start ADB/Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Step 6: Click on ADB > Uninstaller to see a list of all apps on your phone. Select the ones you want to remove and click Uninstall at the bottom of the menu.
- Step 7: Wait until the tool has finished deleting unwanted apps.
Part 4. Using a Third-party Tool
If you want to make the whole process simple and easy and uninstall YouTube on your Xiaomi device with 100% success, it’s best to use a third-party Android transfer and managing solution，you can check here for our recommendation of the top Android desktop managers.Or try Wondershare Dr. Fone. Not only does this tool help you delete pre-installed apps, but Wondershare Dr.Fone also deletes real files and not just the index versions.
It doesn’t just mark data as deleted but completely removes it. This tool can also help you back up your phone when performing these actions to ensure you don’t lose anything valuable just in case something goes wrong.
You can use this tool to back up data, do a factory reset on your phone, manage data, mirror the phone screen on your computer, and repair any system issues.
Hopefully, this post has helped you learn how to uninstall YouTube on Redmi Note 12 Pro. Choose the best method for you and follow all the steps methodically to get the desired results. Just avoid deleting other pre-installed apps until you check if this won’t disrupt your system.
- Best Android Apps
- 1. Top 10 Android Restart Apps
- 2. Top 5 Find My iPhone Apps
- 3. Top 5 iTunes Remote for Android
- 4. 10 Android Virus Remover Apps
- 5. Top 10 Best Android Contacts Apps
- 6. International Texting App
- 7. 10 Adware Removal for Android
- 8. 5 Android Bluetooth Manager
- 9. Top 8 Android Contact Manager
- 10. Top 9 Android Desktop Managers
- 11. Best 7 Android Photo Manager
- 12. Android SMS Manager
- 13. 4 Android Startup Manager
- 14. 4 Android Storage Managers
- 15. 5 Best Android Window Managers
- 16. Top 5 Android PC Suites
- 17. Top 3 iTunes Alternatives
- Android Apps Manage
- 1. Manage Apps on Android
- 2. Install Apps from PC to Android
- 3. Find Installed Apps on Android
- 4. Android Photo Organizer Apps
- 5. 20 Best Ringtone Apps
- 6. Android App Download Websites
- 7. Installer apps to Android from PC
- 8. Manage All Apps on Android
- 9. Android App Market Alternativess
- 10. Best 10 Android Emulators
- 11. Read Old Facebook Messenger Message
- 12. Save Snapchats on Android
- 13. Change Viber number on Android
- 14. Stop WhatsApp auto-saving photos
- 15. Uninstall the YouTube on Xiaomi
- 16. Delete the YouTube from Android
- 17. File Manager And Alternatives
- 18. FX File Explorer And Alternatives
- 19. CX File Explorer
- 20. Merge Contacts on Android
- 21. Save Instagram Photos to Android
- Apps Review