How to Uninstall YouTube on Redmi Note 12 Pro
All Android smartphones have various built-in apps people might not want to use. Some apps are used regularly, while others are constantly getting in the way, taking unnecessary storage space and using your phone’s resources. Many people don’t use YouTube and don’t need it.
This app can initially take up to 200 MB of space, but the required space can triple as time passes. That’s why many people want to eliminate YouTube on their Redmi Note and use alternative apps that offer them additional functionalities, like playing music while using another app.
Like most other pre-installed apps, YouTube doesn’t have an uninstall or remove button. However, if you want to learn how to uninstall youtube on Redmi Note 12 Pro and other Redmi devices, you’ve come to the right place.
Part 1. Why Uninstall YouTube From Redmi Note 12 Pro
There are several reasons you’d want to uninstall YouTube from your Redmi Note 12. Here is a couple of them:
You’re not using YouTube
Many people have found alternative apps that work better for them than YouTube. Why should you keep it on your phone if you’re not using something? Even if you’re not using an app, it can collect your data for ads and marketing purposes.
Free up valuable storage space
One of the main reasons most people want to uninstall youtube on Xiaomi is because it takes up valuable storage. YouTube collects user data even if you’re not using the app. Keeping an app that you don’t use is counterproductive, and you can free that up for other apps or data.
Let’s face it, people use many apps on their smartphones. Some are fun, and some are helpful and make everyone’s lives easier. Over time, people often have a dozen apps on their home screen, which can get quite messy. You don’t need another app you aren’t using cluttering your phone.
Part 2. How to Uninstall/Disable Apps Using MIUI
MIUI is Xiaomi’s unique user interface developed by the company. This interface is exclusively available on all Xiaomi devices, and apart from different visuals, settings, and functions, it even offers some exclusive apps. You can uninstall youtube in Redmi Note 12 Pro and other Redmi models.
How to uninstall youtube on Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro manually
This method doesn’t work often, but it’s worth the try.
- Step 1: Find the YouTube app on your phone, tap, and hold the icon.
- Step 2: Once you get the options, tap App Info>Uninstall>Ok.
- Step 3: If you don’t have the Uninstall button tap Uninstall updates>Clear data to limit the app’s resource usage.
Using MIUI Apps To Disable YouTube
You can use the Hidden Settings MIUI app on Google Play Store for this method. You will have to download and install the app.
- Step 1: Tap on Hidden Settings app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Step 2: Tap Manage Applications>App Info>YouTube.
- Step 3: Tap Disable icon after accessing YouTube App Info.
- Step 4: Tap Disable app to complete the process.
Part 3. How to Uninstall YouTube From Redmi Note 12 Pro Using ADB/Fastboot Tools (Without Root Access)
This method is a bit more technical but can help you uninstall YouTube on Xiaomi and all other pre-installed apps. You first need to download the ADB/Fastboot Tools and install them on your PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to Settings>About Phone>MIUI version option seven times to enable developer changes.
- Step 2: Tap Additional Settings in the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Tap Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Step 4: Connect your phone to the PC via USB and Allow USB debugging.
- Step 5: Start ADB/Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Step 6: Click on ADB > Uninstaller to see a list of all apps on your phone. Select the ones you want to remove and click Uninstall at the bottom of the menu.
- Step 7: Wait until the tool has finished deleting unwanted apps.
Part 4. Using a Third-party Tool
If you want to make the whole process simple and easy and uninstall YouTube on your Xiaomi device with 100% success, it’s best to use a third-party Android transfer and managing solution，you can check here for our recommendation of the top Android desktop managers.Or try Wondershare Dr. Fone. Not only does this tool help you delete pre-installed apps, but Wondershare Dr.Fone also deletes real files and not just the index versions.
It doesn’t just mark data as deleted but completely removes it. This tool can also help you back up your phone when performing these actions to ensure you don’t lose anything valuable just in case something goes wrong.
You can use this tool to back up data, do a factory reset on your phone, manage data, mirror the phone screen on your computer, and repair any system issues.
Hopefully, this post has helped you learn how to uninstall YouTube on Redmi Note 12 Pro. Choose the best method for you and follow all the steps methodically to get the desired results. Just avoid deleting other pre-installed apps until you check if this won’t disrupt your system.
Manage Android Data
- Android Manage
- Photos from Android to PC
- Messages from Android to PC
- Photos from LG Phone to PC
- Photos From HTC to PC
- Files from PC to Android
- Files from Android to Mac
- Files from Sony to Mac
- Data from Motorola to Mac
- Music from Mac to Android
- Photos from Android to Laptop
- Top Android Contact Manager
- Samsung Manage
- Files from Samsung to PC
- File from PC to Samsung
- Files from Samsung to Mac
- Photos from Samsung to Mac
- CopyTrans for Mac
- Samsung Kies Free Download
- iTunes Manage
- Music from iPhone to iTunes
- Music from iPhone App to iTunes
- Apps from iPhone to iTunes
- Purchases from iPhone to iTunes
- Music from iTunes to iPhone
- Playlists from iTunes to iPhone
- Sync iTunes Library to iPhone
- Items from iPad to iTunes
- Music from iPad to iTunes
- Music from iPod to iTunes
- Music from iPod Nano to iTunes
- from iPod Classic to iTunes
- Music from iPod shuffle to iTunes
- Music from iTunes to iPod
- Watch iTunes Movie on Android
- Music from iTunes to Android
- Audio Books from iTunes to Android
- Music from iTunes to Flash Drive
- Playlists from iTunes to Hard Drive
- iPod Won't Sync with iTunes
- Display Song Lyrics for iTunes
- Import Multiple Lyrics to iTunes
- Top Alternatives to iTunes
- iCloud Manage
- Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Access iCloud Photos
- View Messages on iCloud
- Reset iCloud Email
- Set Up iCloud Account
- Change iCloud Account
- Download iCloud Backup
- Cancel iCloud Storage Plans
- Access iCloud Backup File
- Access iCloud from Android
- Transfer iCloud to Android
- Sync iTunes to iCloud
- WhatsApp from iCloud to Android
- Phone Companion
- Read Text Message
- Hide Text Messages
- Send Anonymous Text Message
- Extract iPhone Text Messages
- SMS Scheduler
- Receive SMS Online
- Read Text Messages Online
- Send SMS Online
- Ringtones Maker
- Best Ringtone Apps
- Download Tamil Ringtones
- Download Deezer Music
- Add Ringtones to iPhone
- Ringtones from iOS to Android
- Make Voice Memos into iPhone ringtones
- HEIC Converter
- Convert HEIC into JPEG
- View iPhone HEIC Photos on Windows
- HEIC File Viewer
- Open HEIC File on Windows
- Convert HEIC to JPG on iPhone
- Open HEIC File on Android
- Convert JPG to HEIC
- Convert HEIC to JPG on Linux
- Convert HEIC in Photoshop
- Convert HEIC to JPG on Samsung
- Convert HEIC to JPG Online
- Open HEIC Files on Mac
- HEIC File Format
- Open HEIC File Online
- Convert HEIC to JPG Windows
- EIC to PNG Conversion
- Batch Convert HEIC to JPG
- Convert HEIC to JPG iOS
- Device Diagnostics