How to Fix the iOS Video Bug Causing iPhone to Freeze
There's a new trojan horse iOS killer, which comes to your device in the form of a harmless video. If you're reading this, you've likely been afflicted with the iOS video bug already. You might have clicked on some mp4 video over Safari, and your device might have slowed down over time. Or it might have even frozen, with the dreaded spinning wheel of death on your screen, going on indefinitely.
This is due to a malicious video link which has been circulating over the internet, opening the video causes your iOS device to freeze, generally requiring a hard reset, which causes considerable data loss. This iOS video bug is the latest in a line of iOS-related bugs and 'crash pranks' which can cause quite the turmoil. However, there is no need to freak out just yet. Read on to find out how to fix the iOS video bug.
- Part 1: How to fix iOS Video Bug through Hard Reset
- Part 2: How to Fix iOS Video Bug without Data Loss
- Part 3: Tips for How to avoid the iOS Video Bug
Part 1: How to fix iOS Video Bug through Hard Reset
A hard reset is a common method people use to fix most iOS errors, whether it is freezing, non-responsiveness, or whatever. As such, if you want to fix the iOS video bug, you can try this method.
How to fix iOS Video Bug through Hard Reset:
1. Hold down the power button on the right side of the device.
2. Keep holding the power button and also press down on the lower volume button.
3. Continue holding both of them down until the Apple logo comes back on.
The hard reset should work to fix iOS video bug, however, if it doesn't you might have to opt to activate the DFU mode.
How to fix iOS Video Bug by activating DFU Mode:
1. Turn iPhone off and connect it to the computer using a USB cord. Make sure the iTunes is on.
2. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
3. Hold down the lower volume button as well, as well as the power button.
4. Hold down both of them together for 10 seconds. However, it shouldn't be so long that you see the Apple logo, the screen should remain blank.
5. Release the power button but continue holding down the lower volume button for 5 additional seconds. The screen should remain blank throughout.
6. You'll get a dialogue box informing you that the iPhone is in Recovery Mode.
7. In the iTunes screen, you should see the following message: "If you are experiencing problems with your iPhone, you can restore its original settings by clicking Restore iPhone."
8. You can thus restore your iPhone, or you can exit the DFU mode by pressing the lower volume button until the Apple logo comes on.
This method should definitely fix iOS video bug, however, you should be warned that using this method would cause severe data loss.
Part 2: How to Fix iOS Video Bug without Data Loss
If you have some precious data in your iOS device which you simply cannot afford to lose, then the best bet for you would be to make use of a third-party tool named Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). With this application, you can basically take care of any and every error that occurs in your iPhone, iPad, etc, without losing any of your precious data. It is also a good choice to fix the latest iOS 17 bugs and problems. You can check the box below for more information about the software.
Fix iOS video bug without data loss
- Fast, easy, and reliable.
- Fix with various iOS system issues like recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iTunes errors, iPhone errors, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Of course, the process isn't as cut and dry as that of a Hard Reset, but the little extra effort is completely worth it in order to preserve all your precious data, wouldn't you agree? So read on to find how to fix iOS video bug without suffering data loss, using Dr.Fone - iOS System Recovery.
How to fix iOS Video Bug using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS)
Step 1: Choose 'System Repair'
After you launch the application, go to 'Toolbox' on the left-hand panel. Following that, select 'System Repair'.
Connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cord, and select 'iPhone' > 'iOS Repair' > 'Standard Repair' on the application.
Step 2: Download Firmware
Dr.Fone would automatically detect your iOS device and offer you the latest firmware to download. All you have to do is click 'Download', and wait.
It will start to download the firmware package and may take some time.
Step 3: Fix iOS Video Bug
As soon as the download is complete, click on "Repair Now" and Dr.Fone would immediately start fixing your iOS device.
After a few minutes, your device would restart to normal mode. The whole process would have taken about 10 minutes.
Video guide to fix iOS Video Bug!
And with that, you've effectively crushed the iOS video bug, having suffered no data loss whatsoever.
Part 3: Tips for How to avoid the iOS Video Bug
Here's a couple of precautions you can take to avoid contracting the iOS video bug.
1. Such 'crash pranks' come and go. This is because Apple keeps updating its software so as to protect your device from these issues. As such, you should keep your iOS device updated.
2. Do not access videos if they've been sent by sources you do not trust, or if they've been sent anonymously.
3. Increase your Privacy settings, by going to the 'Privacy' tab in the Settings app.
You know what they say, prevention is better than cure. As such, you should take the precautionary methods to avoid contracting the iOS video bug phenomenon. However, if you are unfortunate enough to get it, you can effectively fix iOS video bug using any one of the techniques we've mentioned. All of them - the Hard Reset, DFU Recover, and Dr.Fone - are great methods, all of which would fix your iOS device. However, if you are concerned about data loss, you should use Dr.Fone - iOS System Recovery as it has the least chance of data loss amongst all the alternatives.
So I hope these work for you and do let us know which technique you went with and if it succeeded in fixing the iOS Video Bug. We'd love to hear your voice!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Video Tips
- 1. Stream iPhone Video to Computer
- 2. Get Video off iPhone without Hassle
- 3. Perform Video Sharing Online
- 4. Email iPhone Videos/Photos
- 5. Photo/Video Compressor Apps
- 6. Video Calling Apps
- 7. Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone
- iPhone Video Record
- Put Video on iPhone
- Get Video from iPhone
- 1. Transfer Video from iPhone to Laptop
- 2. Send Large Size Video from iPhone
- 3. Transfer Video from iPhone to Mac
- 4. Transfer Video to External Drive
- Transfer Video to iPhone
- 1. Transfer Video from Mac to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Video from PC to iPhone
- 3. Transfer From PC to Camera Roll
- 4. Transfer Video from Laptop to iPhone
- 5. Send Long Videos on iPhone
- 6. Add Videos to iPhone
- 7. Transfer to iPhone without iTunes
- Video Problems
- 1. iOS Video Bug
- 2. No Sound on iPhone Video
- 3. Unblock YouTube Videos
- 4. Messenger Video Call No Sound
- 5. Facebook Video Chat Troubleshoot
- 6. YouTube Can't Work Over WiFi
- Video on Social Apps
- 1. Upload Video to Instagram from PC
- 2. Download Instagram Videos on PC
- 3. Hack Snap/Picture/Video/Password
- 4. Save YouTube Videos to Camera Roll
- 5. Save WeChat Video/Audio/Message
- 6. Back up WhatsApp Photos/Videos
- 7. Send Large Videos on Gmail
- 8. Send Large Videos on WhatsApp
- 9. Send Large Videos on Messenger
- 10. Save Snapchat Video
- 11. Download Private Instagram Video
- 12. Make Whatsapp Desktop Video Call