Top 5 Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
Unlike a Windows PC, there are numerous ways to transfer video from iPhone to Mac or any other media file. In the last few years, Apple has made it quite easy for us to import videos from iPhone to Mac with tools like iPhoto or Photo Stream. Though, you can also learn how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly using iCloud Photo Stream or AirDrop as well. In this comprehensive guide, we will teach you how to import videos from iPhone to Mac so that you can keep your data safe and make it easily accessible.
- Part 1: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS)
- Part 2: Import videos from iPhone to Mac via iPhoto
- Part 3: Get videos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture
- Part 4: Transfer videos from iPhone to Mac iCloud Photo Stream
- Part 5: Import videos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
Part 1: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS)
If you want to keep your data handy and organized, then take the assistance of Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS). The tool has a user-friendly interface and will let you move your data between your iPhone and Mac effortlessly. You can transfer all kinds of data, such as photos, videos, music, and other important files. There is also a file explorer feature that will let you take complete control of your iPhone storage. To learn how to get videos from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS), you simply need to follow these steps.
Transfer MP3 to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
1. Firstly, download Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS) on your Mac from its website. Launch it whenever you wish to transfer video from iPhone to Mac and go to the "Phone Manager" section.
2. Connect your device to your Mac and wait for it to be detected automatically. You will get its snapshot on the interface.
3. Now, to learn how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac, go to the Videos tab from the main menu. This will display all the video files that are stored on your iPhone.
4. Simply select the video files that you wish to transfer and click on the Export icon.
5. This will open a pop-up browser so that you can select the location where you wish to save the transferred video files on your Mac.
That's it! By following this simple approach, you can easily learn how to import videos from iPhone to Mac. The same technique can be used to transfer other kinds of data files, such as music or photos.
Part 2: Import videos from iPhone to Mac via iPhoto
If you want to use a native solution developed by Apple, then you can consider iPhoto. It allows us to manage photos and videos on our device and also lets us import videos from iPhone to Mac as well. You can learn how to get videos from iPhone to Mac using iPhoto by following these steps:
1. Start by connecting your iPhone to Mac and launch the iPhoto app on it.
2. Wait for a while as your iOS device will automatically be detected by iPhoto.
3. You can select it from the left panel as it will be listed under the "Device" category. This will display the stored photos and videos on the right.
4. Simply select the videos that you wish to transfer. Now, to transfer video from iPhone to Mac, click on the "Import Selected" button.
In this way, your selected data will be imported to Mac, and you can learn how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac easily.
Part 3: Get videos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture
Another native tool that you can use to import videos from iPhone to Mac is Image Capture. Initially, it was developed by Apple to manage the captured images, but now it can help us transfer video from iPhone to Mac as well.
1. To learn how to get videos from iPhone to Mac, connect your iPhone to it, and launch Image Capture.
2. Select your device to view its content. From the right, you can manually select the videos (or photos) you wish to transfer.
3. From the bottom panel, you can also select the location where you wish to import these files.
4. To import videos from iPhones to Mac, just click on the "Import" button. To transfer all files in one go, you can click on the "Import All" option as well.
Part 4: Transfer videos from iPhone to Mac iCloud Photo Stream
A while back, Apple introduced the features of iCloud Photo Stream. It uploads all the new photos from your iPhone to iCloud and makes them available on all the other linked devices as well. In this way, you can keep your latest photos handy in different places easily. To learn how to import videos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Stream, follow these steps:
1. First of all, make sure that the feature is enabled on your iPhone. To do this, go to its Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn on the option of "Upload to My Photo Stream". Additionally, enable the iCloud Photo Library feature.
2. Now, launch the iCloud app on your Mac. Make sure that you have enabled the option of iCloud Drive and are using the same account.
3. Go to its Option and turn on the feature of "My Photo Stream" and iCloud Library. This will automatically import the newly taken photos from the cloud.
4. Later, you can find these photos in the "My Photo Stream" album on your Mac.
Part 5: Import videos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
If you wish to transfer video from iPhone to Mac wirelessly without using iCloud, then you can also try AirDrop. The feature is available for all the new versions of iOS devices and Mac systems. It will let you move your photos, videos, and other media files between your Mac and iOS devices pretty easily.
1. Firstly, turn on AirDrop on both the devices. Go the AirDrop app on your Mac, and from the bottom panel, make sure that you have made it visible to everyone (or your contacts). Do the same for your iPhone by visiting its Control Center.
2. In this way, you can view your iPhone listed among the devices that are available nearby.
3. Now, go to the location where the videos are stored on your iPhone and select the ones that you wish to transfer.
4. Once you tap on the Share icon, you will be given different ways to share the content. From here, you can select your Mac system, which is available for AirDrop.
5. Simply accept the incoming content on your Mac to complete the transfer process.
Now when you know numerous ways to import videos from iPhone to Mac, you can easily organize your videos and keep them handy in different devices. As you can see, Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is one of the fastest and most secure ways to transfer video from iPhone to Mac. You can easily give it a try and teach others how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac as well by sharing this guide.
- iPhone Video Tips
- 1. Stream iPhone Video to Computer
- 2. Get Video off iPhone without Hassle
- 3. Perform Video Sharing Online
- 4. Email iPhone Videos/Photos
- 5. Photo/Video Compressor Apps
- 6. Video Calling Apps
- 7. Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone
- iPhone Video Record
- Put Video on iPhone
- Get Video from iPhone
- 1. Transfer Video from iPhone to Laptop
- 2. Send Large Size Video from iPhone
- 3. Transfer Video from iPhone to Mac
- 4. Transfer Video to External Drive
- Transfer Video to iPhone
- 1. Transfer Video from Mac to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Video from PC to iPhone
- 3. Transfer From PC to Camera Roll
- 4. Transfer Video from Laptop to iPhone
- 5. Send Long Videos on iPhone
- 6. Add Videos to iPhone
- 7. Transfer to iPhone without iTunes
- Video Problems
- 1. iOS Video Bug
- 2. No Sound on iPhone Video
- 3. Unblock YouTube Videos
- 4. Messenger Video Call No Sound
- 5. Facebook Video Chat Troubleshoot
- 6. YouTube Can't Work Over WiFi
- Video on Social Apps
- 1. Upload Video to Instagram from PC
- 2. Download Instagram Videos on PC
- 3. Hack Snap/Picture/Video/Password
- 4. Save YouTube Videos to Camera Roll
- 5. Save WeChat Video/Audio/Message
- 6. Back up WhatsApp Photos/Videos
- 7. Send Large Videos on Gmail
- 8. Send Large Videos on WhatsApp
- 9. Send Large Videos on Messenger
- 10. Save Snapchat Video
- 11. Download Private Instagram Video
- 12. Make Whatsapp Desktop Video Call