Full Guide: How To Unlock Sim Card Without PUK Code?
We frequently set a PIN on our mobile SIMs for privacy reasons. Have you wondered what to do when you forget your PIN code? Remember that you only have three opportunities to input your PIN before your SIM is disabled. What would you do if you didn't know your Sim's PUK code?
Don't worry; I'll show you How To Unlock a Sim Card Without PUK Code in this article. If you have lost your PIN or PUK code and your SIM has been locked, don't panic; you have come to the correct spot.
Remember that all of our solutions are safe and easy and will help you understand how to unlock a sim card without PUK code, even if you are a beginner and do not have any techy skills.
- Part 1: Can We Unlock Sim Card Without PUK Code?
- Part 2: 3 Ways To Get Your PUK Code For Sim Card Unlock
- 1. Contact your service provider
- 2. Obtain PUK code from carrier official website
- 3. Obtain it from Sim card packaging
Part 1: Can We Unlock Sim Card Without PUK Code?
The only item that will unlock your SIM is the PUK key.
Mistyping the PUK too many times can irreversibly lock the SIM—if this occurs, you'll have to change the SIM.
Fortunately, your mobile operator will offer you the PUK code, allowing you to reset your SIM. Then, you will only need to establish your identification over the phone or in person.
If you're unsure who your provider is, remove the SIM card—the provider's name will be visible there.
When you log in to your online account with some providers, you may view your PUK. Look for a section of your account dashboard named "SIM" or "SIM Card," which should contain a sub-section called "PUK" or something similar.
Part 2: 3 Ways To Get Your PUK Code For Sim Card Unlock
1. Contact your service provider
Your SIM card lock. The most common way is to contact your service provider. However, you can also contact other carriers and third-party companies about getting a PUK code for your SIM card lock.
Somebody may find it more convenient to obtain the PUK code over the phone.
However, your service provider is aware of the PUK code because it created your SIM card and first set the PUK code. Call your service carrier's customer care and explain your concern. They should be able to issue your PUK code once you establish your identity by answering several security questions (typically your name, date of birth, address, and so on).
2. Obtain PUK code from carrier official website
Customers of most cell providers have access to online accounts. If this is the situation for you, go to the official website of your cell carrier and sign in using your credentials. The PUK code should appear in your profile. Because each website is unique, check for the option to obtain the PUK code or unlock the SIM card to locate what you want.
3. Obtain it from Sim card packaging
When you buy a SIM card, it arrives in a little packet that should include the PUK code. If you still have the packaging, search for the plastic card from which the SIM was removed.
The SIM PIN code and the 8-digit PUK code should be written on the rear. Two examples of such plastic cards are shown below, from Orange (left) and Telekom (right). The SIM card should be packaged similarly by your cell company.
For example, your MTN provider can help you in retrieving PUK code. You may obtain your PUK by dialing the code from any MTN line. Dial *123*7*3# and follow the answer to get your PUK via USSD.
This above solution is the right answer if you want to know how to unlock mtn sim card without PUK code.
Bonus Tips: When You Need To Unlock Your Sim card
When you buy your phone through a network carrier, you get a carrier-locked phone. It means you can only use the sim cards from that carrier for a specific period. After the period is over, you can get your phone unlocked and use sim cards from other carriers. If you want to sell your device or use sim cards from other networks, you have to unlock your device.
The easiest way to unlock your sim card is through a third-party tool such as Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock. It is an efficient tool that enables users to unlock sim cards without a PUK code within five minutes. With Dr.Fone, you don't have to complete the locked period, as you can unlock your phone anytime. It only works for iPhones and iPads. Here are the steps to unlock your sim card with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock.
- Launch Dr.Fone and click on the "Screen Unlock" tab from the homepage to use the sim unlock tool.
- Fone can remove sim locks from iPhones and other iOS devices after clicking on the "Remove SIM Locked" option.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. Once your device is connected, click on the "Start" option for the next steps.
- After connecting your iPhone, wait for the system to identify it and show its details on the screen. Read the listed details to make sure they match your device. After verification, click on the "Unlock Now" option.
- Before the system can start the unlock process, you must jailbreak your iOS device. Without the jailbreak, sim lock removal will not work. You can follow the guide by clicking on the "Jailbreak Guide" option. Or you can watch the tutorial video provided by Dr Fone by selecting the "Watch Video" option.
- After you successfully jailbreak your device, you have to complete three demands on it. First, take the sim card out of your device. Go to "Settings" and choose the "WIFI" option. In the "WIFI Settings", don't miss the blue exclamation mark next to connected networks and the "Forget This Network." Turn off your phone's "WIFI" and put the locked sim card in your iPhone. Click on the "Continue" option on your computer after you finish these tasks.
- After your complete the device set up, the sim unlocking process will automatically start. You can monitor the progress bar. The process will end quickly.
- After Dr.Fone removes the sim lock from your device, there will be no sim card restrictions on it. Now, you can plan any carrier you want for the new sim cards and services.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to unlock sim card without PUK number, you should also keep in mind that you can lose your sim forever if you cannot retrieve your sim card with the solutions above. However, things can be much more when you have an iPhone because Wondershare - Screen Unlock allows you to unlock your sim when you have and are your device with sim locked.
- 1 SIM Unlock
- Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- Unlock Android Code
- Unlock Android Without Code
- SIM Unlock my iPhone
- Get Free SIM Network Unlock Codes
- Best SIM Network Unlock Pin
- Top Galax SIM Unlock APK
- Top SIM Unlock APK
- SIM Unlock Code
- HTC SIM Unlock
- HTC Unlock Code Generators
- Android SIM Unlock
- Best SIM Unlock Service
- Motorola Unlock Code
- Unlock Moto G
- Unlock LG Phone
- LG Unlock Code
- Unlock Sony Xperia
- Sony Unlock Code
- Android Unlock Software
- Android SIM Unlock Generator
- Samsung Unlock Codes
- Carrier Unlock Android
- SIM Unlock Android without Code
- Unlock iPhone without SIM
- How to Unlock iPhone 6
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- How to Unlock SIM on iPhone 7 Plus
- How to Unlock SIM Card without Jailbreak
- How to SIM Unlock iPhone
- How to Factory Unlock iPhone
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- Unlock AT&T Phone
- Vodafone Unlock Code
- Unlock Telstra iPhone
- Unlock Verizon iPhone
- How to Unlock a Verizon Phone
- Unlock T Mobile iPhone
- Factory Unlock iPhone
- Check iPhone Unlock Status
- 2 IMEI