The World's #1 iOS & Android Data Recovery Software
Highest recovery rate in the industry
You might have heard talk of unlocking an iPhone or breaking the carrier lock of an iPhone. This means that you take an iPhone which is locked into a specific carrier and unlock it so that it can be accessed by other carriers as well. It is beneficial to unlock iPhone AT&T as you can then have wider accessibility. Doing so often has the phone dubbed as a SIM-free or contract-free phone. That basically sums it up because an AT&T iPhone unlock can be liberating.
However, without a proper guide the process for AT&T iPhone unlock may get somewhat harrowing. As such, this article makes that process easy for you by detailing how to unlock AT&T iPhone by AT&T and without SIM card as well.
If you want to unlock iPhone AT&T without a SIM card then a great tool that you can make use of is Dr.Fone - SIM Unlock Service. The truly unique and great thing about this tool is its ease of use and convenience relative to the other approaches available in the market at the moment. It is safe, legal, hassle-free and most importantly, it can be done independently over a simple 3-step process. Furthermore, it is also a permanent solution, which means once broken the carrier lock, you never have to do so again. It's liberated for life.
The fast way to unlock AT&T iPhone without SIM Card
Read on to find out how to unlock iPhone AT&T without a SIM card via Dr.Fone. However, it might be helpful to first check whether your iPhone is already unlocked (if you're not sure.)
1. You need to dial #06# on your phone to receive the IMEI code.
2. Go to the following link drfone.wondershare.com/sim-unlock/check-iphone-unlock-status.html
3. Enter the first 15 digits of the IMEI number on the provided space.
4. You'll receive an email with the details about whether your phone is locked within minutes.
Once you've verified that your iPhone really is locked, you can follow the next steps.
You'll be asked to provide the Phone Model, Country and Network Provider details.
This is similar to the steps you followed to check your status. Retrieve your IMEI number by pressing #06#
Enter the first 15 digits, and then also add your email address so you may receive the unlock code.
You've just got to wait a while. Within the guaranteed period you'll receive a mail with further instructions and the unlock code.
You've just got to enter the unlock code to your phone to AT&T unlock iPhone.
This is an alternative means by which you can AT&T unlock iPhone. It is a tad more cumbersome and may take a little more time, but is another legitimate means you could opt for should you wish to do so. This is done by directly getting in contact with your Carrier. If you already know that your carrier is AT&T, you can contact them directly and get your iPhone unlocked as follows:
1. Go to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/ first. This is the official location whereby you can contact them.
2. The page will list out certain eligibility requirements. You have to read and agree to them before clicking 'Continue.'
3. Next, you have to fill up the Request Form, including details about your Wireless number.
1. You'll receive the unlock request number via email.
2. You need to click on the provided link within 24 hours in order for your unlock request to be officially accepted.
1. You should hear back from AT&T within 2 days.
2. If your request has been successful, they'll send you further instructions about how to unlock your iPhone.
However, AT&T has the right to dismiss anyone's request based on several requirements and criteria, so your application may yet be either rejected or you may have to go through further steps. It is a good idea to go through their requirements before you fill their form.
1. The obvious requirement is that your iPhone must be locked to AT&T, else you should go to the relevant carrier page.
2. You iPhone couldn't have been reported as either lost or stolen.
3. No record of it having been linked to any criminal or fraudulent activities.
4. All termination fees have been paid in full, and all the other iPhone installment plans, etc, have been completed.
5. After upgrading iPhone you must wait 14 days before you're eligible for unlock.
Finding out how to unlock AT&T iPhone can be harrowing if you don't know where to look, especially because performing the unlock can be so crucial for many people in order to access other carriers.
Both the options mentioned above offer a legitimate means by which you can AT&T unlock your iPhone, whether done without a SIM card or by contacting the AT&T carrier.
However, going by personal experience the Dr.Fone alternative offers a much smoother, efficient and quicker alternative to contacting the AT&T carriers. It is also more secure because if you are going via the carrier without a SIM card then you'll need to back up your iPhone, then delete and restore it as well (for security measures). This isn't just a time consuming process, but it can also prove to be risky. Furthermore, AT&T has a lot of checks and requisites in place which can keep your iPhone from being unlocked, and even if you do pass the requisites it's still a time-consuming process which may still be rejected as AT&T has final say. As such, going via Dr.Fone gives you complete agency and conveniently AT&T unlocks iPhone without any data loss, through a simple 3 step process.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>