How to Unlock Verizon iPhone
If you're stuck with a poor Verizon connection and your iPhone just doesn't accept any other SIM, then you must be wondering "can Verizon iPhones be unlocked?" And the long and short of it is, yes. Yes you can very easily unlock Verizon iPhone 5, and in this article we're gonna show you exactly how to unlock Verizon iPhone.
But before we get into how to unlock Verizon iPhone 5, you should be brought up to date with the advantages accruing to you when you unlock Verizon iPhone 5. The thing is, carriers like Verizon lock your SIMs and phones because they wanna' run a business and the basic model of a business is to retain as many customers as possible. That isn't gonna' be possible if their competitions keep stealing their customers. So they literally lock you down, not with a ring but a contract. However, recent legislation has made it possible for you to unlock Verizon iPhones. So read on to find out how to unlock Verizon iPhone. If your iPhone has bad ESN or blacklisted IMEI, you can check the new post for more solutions.
- Part 1: How to unlock Verizon iPhone with SIM Unlock Service
- Part 2: How to unlock Verizon iPhone with Dr.Fone
- Part 3: How to unlock Verizon iPhone with iPhoneIMEI.net
- Part 4: How to unlock Verizon iPhone via Verizon
- Part 5: How to check your Verizon iPhone unlock status
Part 1: How to unlock Verizon iPhone without SIM card online
One of the best techniques to unlock Verizon iPhone 5 is to use this online tool called DoctorSIM Unlock Service. They're a third-party system that helps you unlock Verizon iPhone 5, and really pretty much any other phones or networks as well. You might be a little hesitant to use a third-party system but the thing about DoctorSIM is that it is completely legit, so much so that using it to unlock Verizon iPhone 5 won't even lapse your warranty! To top that off, you just need to give them the IMEI code and they do all the tough work for you while you lay back and chill. 10 minutes is all you need to be able to breathe the fresh air of cellular freedom!
How to unlock Verizon iPhone without SIM card online using DoctorSIM - SIM Unlock Service
Step 1: Choose your Brand
From a list of brand names and logos, choose your phone brand, which in this case is Apple.
Step 2: Choose Verizon.
You'll be asked to fill in a request form in which you'll have to choose your country, network provider and phone model. For the Network Provider choose Verizon.
Step 3: IMEI Code.
Type #06# on your iPhone 5 keypad to get the IMEI Code, and then enter only the first 15 digits in the space provided. Also provide your emailing address as this is where you'll receive the Unlock Code.
Step 4: Unlock Verizon iPhone 5.
Finally, after just about 48 hours or so you'll receive a message with the unlock code which you have to enter into your iPhone to unlock Verizon iPhone 5.
Part 2: How to unlock Verizon iPhone with Dr.Fone
However, Doctor SIM requires your IMEI code which is complicated and slow. For most users, they hope the SIM unlock service could be fast and effective. Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock must be the best choice for you. The SIM unlock service can remove your SIM lock just in a few minutes without any data loss. Now, I will show you the steps.
Fast SIM Unlock for iPhone
- Supports almost all carriers, from Vodafone to Sprint.
- Finish SIM unlock in just a few minutes with ease.
- Provide detailed guides for users.
- Fully compatible with iPhone XR\SE2\Xs\Xs Max\11 series\12 series\13series.
Step 1.Open Dr.Fone - Scrreen Unlock and then choose “Remove SIM Locked”.
Step 2. Connected your tool to computer. Complete authorization verification process with “Start” and click on “Confirmed” to continue.
Step 3. The configuration profile will appear on the screen of your device. Then just heed the guides to unlock screen. Select “Next” to continue.
Step 4. Close the popup page and go to “Settings->Profile Downloaded”. Then click “Install” and unlock the screen.
Step 5. Click on “Install” and then click the button once more at the bottom. After the install, turn to “Settings->General”.
Next, following the instructions is enough for you to unlock your network to use any carrier. Dr.Fone will “Remove Setting” for your device at last to enable Wi-Fi connecting. Still want to get more? Have a look at our iPhone SIM Unlock guide to get more!
Part 3: How to unlock Verizon iPhone with iPhoneIMEI.net
Another one of the best online iPhone unlock service is iPhoneIMEI.net. It claims that it unlocks iPhone via an official method, which means your iPhone will never be relocked no matter you upgrade iOS, or sync the phone with iTunes. Currently it supports to unlock iPhone 7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 (plus), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4.
Steps to unlock iPhone with iPhoneIMEI.net
Step 1. Go to iPhoneIMEI.net official website. Select your iPhone model and the network your phone is locked to, then click on Unlock.
Step 2. On the new window, follow the instruction to find the IMEI number. Then enter the IMEI number and click on Unlock Now. It will direct you to finish the payment process.
Step 3. Once the payment is successful, the system will send your IMEI number to the network provider and whitelist it from Apple's database. The process usually takes about 1-5 days. Then you will receive a confirmation email that your phone is unlocked successfully.
Part 4: How to unlock Verizon iPhone via Verizon
This is an alternative means by which you can unlock Verizon iPhone 5. However, before we show you how to unlock Verizon iPhone, we should probably answer some frequently asked questions about this.
Can Verizon iPhones be unlocked?
The long and short of this is: YES, Verizon iPhones can be unlocked.
Will Verizon Unlock my Phone?
Now here's the kicker. Verizon is actually one of the most relaxed carriers out there and they don't generally lock their devices to begin with. However, YES, if your device is locked, Verizon does offer the service to unlock your phone if you contact them.
How to unlock Verizon iPhone via Verizon
As mentioned above, Verizon is surprisingly lax when it comes to locking phones, especially iPhones. In fact all Verizon 4G LTE devices are never locked to begin with, you can directly use them with any other carriers. So, if you want to shift Carriers, they just have a bunch of requirements that you need to meet first:
1. If the phone was purchased on a 2 year contract then your contract needs to be complete with all 24 months paid for.
2. If the purchase of the device was financed by Verizon Edge, or a two-year device payment plan, in that case you need to have paid off all overdue bills before you shift.
3. The device shouldn't currently be reported as lost or stolen. Furthermore, if the device has ever been associated with any form of fraudulent activity then you aren't eligible.
4. And if your phone still seems locked for none of the stated reasons you just contact them directly and they'll take care of it. There is no complicated means of doing this.
If you meet these requirements then you don't need to bother unlocking it, you can simply use another carrier.
If this seems too good to be true, or you have trouble believing us, then head on over to their Unlocking Policies and read it for yourself, just follow this link: http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy
Here's a little screenshot for you:
Part 5: How to check your Verizon iPhone unlock status
If you're not sure whether you're still within the 2 year contract period or aren't sure whether your phone model is eligible for automatic unlock, then you can simply verify that via DoctorSIM with an easy 3-step process. You should avail of this before going through any official channels to unlock Verizon iPhone 5. All you have to do is go to this link here and then follow the given steps.
Check your Verizon iPhone unlock status:
Step 1: Retrieve IMEI Code.
You can type #06# onto your iPhone keypad, and thus access the IMEI Code.
Step 2: Request Form.
In the request form fill in the first 15 digits of the IMEI number, followed by your email address.
Step 3: Receive Unlock Status.
Within the guaranteed period you'll receive the Unlock Status of your Verizon iPhone.
Verizon is one of the most relaxed carriers out there and they don't really lock your phones to begin with, but even so you have to serve out their contract period. This is the base requirement for unlocking any device from any carrier directly.
However, if you use a third party service like DoctorSIM - SIM Unlock Service then you don't have to bother about the requirements and don't have to bother verifying whether you're eligible, and you don't have to wait for 2 whole years before you can avail of your fundamental right to use whatever service you damn well please! DoctorSIM helps you take that agency onto your own hands and change your carrier whenever you want, and its an additional bonus that the process is ridiculously easy to follow, permanent, and doesn't lapse your warranty either.
- Access Locked iPhone
- 1. Reset Locked iPhone Without iTunes
- 2. Erase Locked iPhone
- 3. Get Into Locked iPhone
- 4. Factory Reset Locked iPhone
- 5. Reset Locked iPhone
- 6. iPhone Is Disabled
- iPhone Lock Screen
- 1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- 2. Unlock Forget iPhone PIN
- 3. Unlock iPhone When Forgot Passcode
- 4. iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
- 5. Remove Passcode From iPhone
- 6. Unlock Found iPhone
- 7. Unlock iPhone without Computer
- 8. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- 9. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPhone without Face ID
- 11. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- 12. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 13. Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
- 14. Unlock iFace ID While Wearing Mask
- 15. Lock Apps on iPhone
- 16. Bypass iPhone Passcode
- 17. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without PC
- 18. Unlock iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 19. Unlock iPhone 7/6 without PC
- 20. Unlock iPhone Passcode Screen
- 21. Reset iPhone Password
- 22. Bad ESN/Blacklisted IMEI on iPhone
- Remove iCloud Lock
- 1. Remove iCloud from iPhone
- 2. Remove Activate Lock without Apple ID
- 3. Remove Activate Lock without Password
- 4. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 5. Crack iCloud-Locked iPhones to Sell
- 6. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- Unlock Apple ID
- 1. iPhone Asking for Apple ID Randomly
- 2. Get Apple ID Off without Password
- 3. Remove an Apple ID from iPhone
- 4. Remove Apple ID without Password
- Remove SIM Lock
- 1. Unlock iPhone Using Unlock Chip
- 2. Unlock iPhone for Free
- 3. Unlock iPhone Online
- 4. Unlock EE iPhone
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone
- 6. SIM Unlock iPhone
- 7. Unlock AT&T iPhone
- 8. Unlock iPhone with IMEI Code
- 9. Unlock iPhone without SIM Card
- 10. Unlock Cricket iPhone
- 11. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS
- 12. Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- 13. Unlock Telstra iPhone
- 14. Unlock T-Mobile iPhone
- 15. Unlock Verizon iPhone
- 16. iPhone IMEI Checker
- 17. Check If iPhone Is Unlocked
- Unlock iPhone MDM
- 1. MDM On iPhone
- 2. Remove MDM from iPhone
- 3. Remote Management on iPhone
- 4. Unlock MDM Softwares
- 5. MDM VS MAM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode