A How-To Article on SIM-Unlocking TracFone Phones
Possessing an unlocked phone means that if you travel to one more country, you can purchase a SIM card to use in that country. When you leave, you can switch your old SIM card to continue service with TracFone.
TracFone is notable for not permitting their phones to be opened. To open their phones, you need TracFone unlock codes. But since FCC rules and decisions are against TracFone, they are expected to unlock phones after a specific date. If not, they have to offer a credit or refund some money as a discount.
In any case, TracFone is an organization that has strict conditions. It is a thing that many clients find exhausting. In these cases, there are a few different solutions that you can attempt for TracFone unlock. You can get expert tools like Dr.Fone or use web-based services. In any case, follow this article to learn more.
- 1. Ask your Carrier to Get the Unlock Code
- 2. Check Whether You're Qualified to Unlock It
- 3. Get a SIM Card from Another Carrier
Part 1: How to Unlock Your TracFone Phone in 3 Steps?
1. Ask your Carrier to Get the Unlock Code
The main strategy is to contact TracFone to open your device straightforwardly. You can find their client service by calling 1-800-867-7183, generally between 0800 and 2345 hours, Eastern Time (ET).
When you get connected to a TracFone delegate, you can demand the TracFone unlock codes that permit you to open your device. The person will use your number to look at your device's status. If it meets the conditions, you will get the network code, which will be somewhere in the range of 10 and 15 digits in length.
2. Check Whether You're Qualified to Unlock It
If your phone fulfills the conditions, you can proceed with the unlock process for your phone. If your phone isn't qualified, you must meet all requirements for a credit towards another phone or a discount.
- The phone should be engaged on TracFone's network for no less than a year.
- Military staff can unlock their carrier lock even after 12 months.
- It should not be involved in illegal activity such as theft, robbery, etc.
- It would help if you were within 60-days of being a functioning TracFone client.
- Your device must be activated on the TracFone carrier after February eleventh, 2015.
- There should be no physical damage to the phone.
3. Get a SIM Card from Another Carrier
You can buy a SIM card from another carrier when you get the TracFone unlock code from TracFone. After getting the card, power off your phone, switch the SIM card and turn on your device. You should get a warning that your phone is locked; however, there should be a place for you to enter your unlock code. After keying in the code, your phone will want to utilize the new SIM card. You can constantly switch SIM cards at whatever point you like. Make sure to switch your phone off and back on.
So, that is everything on how to unlock a TracFone prepaid device. It is a genuinely simple process if your phone fulfills the conditions.
Part 2: Easy App to Unlock Your TracFone SIM Card
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock
If you are looking for an app that can unlock your carrier-locked smartphone, Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock is the best pick. Most carriers like TracFone give users network-locked devices, so they only use their network services for a certain period. Users can use sim cards from other carriers after completing the requirements mentioned in the contract. With Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock, you can skip the requirements and unlock your device anytime.
It is an excellent tool that allows users to unlock sim cards and carrier-locked devices within five minutes. Although most of its tools are available for Android and iOS devices, the network-unlock features only work with iPhones. Here is how you can unlock your TracFone sim card with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock.
- Begin your SIM-unlock process, "Screen Unlock" will be the right one for you.
- To remove sim lock, here we offer you a branch with a small blue icon on the upper side.
- We will now start to unlock the SIM lock, but there is one prerequisite you should connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Check the details Dr.Fone lists carefully to ensure they are from your device.
- The jailbreak is quite important for removing sim lock, but don't worry, our jailbreak guide is simple to understand.
- When you enter into this page, Dr.Fone will display the concrete steps to guide you for SIM-unlock. This part needs you to be focused on every manipulation.
- OK, as this image says, it'll take some time, but won't be a time-consuming process.
- No SIM locks on your device, you are totally free to choose the service provider which is good for you.
Part 3: FAQs
1. What are the requirements to unlock a TracFone phone?
A portion of some general requirements are:
- The device should be on a TracFone service for less than a year.
- The clients can demand the TracFone unlock codes provided they have a functioning service for around 60 days after their past service termination.
- The device must not be lost or involved in theft.
- The device ought to be in working condition.
2. Can I get my refund if I can't unlock the TracFone phone?
Yes, according to the new rules of FCC, you can get a refi=und if TracFone cannot unlock your device. However, you must provide TracFone with the required details and be eligible according to the requirements.
3. Is there any universal code to unlock the TracFone phone?
No, there is no universal code for TracFone unlock. However, you can get one from the company by contacting them through their helpline.
That's all about the TracFone unlock. We hope the above methods will help you use your favorite network carrier. However, the best unlock method is to use the expert tool, i.e., Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock.
So, if you now have an unlocked phone, you can use any SIM card. Therefore, power off the phone when you travel to another region in or out of the country and need to utilize a PDA service. Then switch the SIM cards, and you can enjoy the new SIM card. Switch the SIM cards back when you return to your place.
- 1 SIM Unlock
- Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- Unlock Android Code
- Unlock Android Without Code
- SIM Unlock my iPhone
- Get Free SIM Network Unlock Codes
- Best SIM Network Unlock Pin
- Top Galax SIM Unlock APK
- Top SIM Unlock APK
- SIM Unlock Code
- HTC SIM Unlock
- HTC Unlock Code Generators
- Android SIM Unlock
- Best SIM Unlock Service
- Motorola Unlock Code
- Unlock Moto G
- Unlock LG Phone
- LG Unlock Code
- Unlock Sony Xperia
- Sony Unlock Code
- Android Unlock Software
- Android SIM Unlock Generator
- Samsung Unlock Codes
- Carrier Unlock Android
- SIM Unlock Android without Code
- Unlock iPhone without SIM
- How to Unlock iPhone 6
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- How to Unlock SIM on iPhone 7 Plus
- How to Unlock SIM Card without Jailbreak
- How to SIM Unlock iPhone
- How to Factory Unlock iPhone
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- Unlock AT&T Phone
- Vodafone Unlock Code
- Unlock Telstra iPhone
- Unlock Verizon iPhone
- How to Unlock a Verizon Phone
- Unlock T Mobile iPhone
- Factory Unlock iPhone
- Check iPhone Unlock Status
- 2 IMEI